NeWW Girl - Sign Up & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Quick ISO:

Well.

Well well well.

First of all, it really sucks that we lost Terminator-Ivy before he could take out a wolf or two.

Second of all, thanks to the open set-up we know exactly what happened last night. Assuming the wolves didn't holster their kill (which... I'm pretty comfortable assuming), we have a Village Blocker and they successfully blocked the wolf that was chosen to make the kill last night. It's the only mechanical explanation.

Thanks for giving us at least one extra role, wolves! It may make the difference.

True was the first person to reply after night results came out. Idk but this reads a little like "YES we scored as wolves and I'm going to immediately spell it out for everyone that there's a village blocker so we can get to follow-the-fake-cop stage." It seems a little over-enthusiastic somehow.

Correct. @Viscernable is right, I missed that an un-recruited Lone Wolf has a 1x bulletproof, so either our blocker scored or they tried to shoot their LW buddy.

On the other hand, I find it silly that True would just conveniently forget about a bulletproof Lone Wolf, especially if that was the night result. On the OTHER other hand (playing 4D chess here), the Visc/True interaction could be w/w and having Visc call out True for this error could be trying to convince us that they aren't aligned?

@Viscernable, you're the one who raised the fact that it might not be a Block, but rather the LW's 1x bulletproof. In your opinion, would you consider someone who got blocked last night to be suspicious, or does the alternate option negate that?

Darn, I would have loved to hear Visc's response to this question before True's reveal haha. But Visc, you can still tell us if you think you're sus :')

Just to clarify with an example, let's say I blocked Viscernable last night. I could do a big dramatic j'accuse and we all pile on her... but maybe she's just a vanillager who didn't even know she was blocked, and what actually happened was Kate tried to shoot Miranda only to discover that she's the Lone Wolf. We misyeet Vissy and lose the next day.

Can't tell if breadcrumbing or 4D chess.......

Members don't see this ad.

I am going to be cutting it REALLY close to vote close tonight, as I have an event I need to attend 9-11pm. There's an intermission so I will check in around 10pm. Please have some discussion going pretty please.

I suppose the concern is that there are two options for why there was no kill- a blocked wolf or the wolves trying to shoot the lone wolf. If someone did block someone else, it could be a red herring and could lead to a misyeet- which we can no longer afford.
Okay, I’m coming back to this because I was thinking about this to simply

True could have blocked Vis and Vis could very well not have any role and be a vanillager

The wolves could have tried to shot the lost wolf, if they didn’t recruit them, and failed the kill too

Shoot this is a lot more complex than it appears…

Yeah I also am curious who else you acted on if you are really the blocker True

Members don't see this ad :)
That seems plausible, especially since True has been sitting on this information for well over 24 hours and is just now sharing…
That doesn’t sit well with me
I agree with this post. What was withholding the information going to accomplish if you were just going to give it up later? If you had said something sooner, at least we could have heard Visc's defense and perhaps seen some more interactions/discussion from others that would help us make this decision.

It's not so much withholding the info (if you were scared of painting a target on your back for NK). It's the *delaying* of info that's sus.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, we run the risk of misyeeting Visc if we go too far down the rabbit hole of "got blocked therefore wolf". We run the risk of misyeeting True if he's telling the truth. And the wolves are just chillin in the back watching this all burn lol.

Watch the wolfpack be Clem/PSVDubz/genny just having a grand old time sitting around watching us eat each other.

I agree with this post. What was withholding the information going to accomplish if you were just going to give it up later? If you had said something sooner, at least we could have heard Visc's defense and perhaps seen some more interactions/discussion from others that would help us make this decision.

It's not so much withholding the info (if you were scared of painting a target on your back for NK). It's the *delaying* of info that's sus.
Exactly my thoughts here, you said that way more eloquently

I feel like True’s claim could be real, but I don’t like the fact that if he did block Vis why has it taken this long for True to address it?
We are near the end game, we can’t beat around the bush
Have you followed the discussion so far? Do you understand that there are two explanations for why there wasn't a kill last night?

If I pointed out Vis thinking that I blocked her from killing, when in fact the wolves simply tried to shoot their lost wolf last night, then I will be handing a victory to the wolves.

She does not seem to understand that there are two reasons why there could have not been a kill last night. And now I think she is getting you confused. You seemed to understand that earlier?

Okay, I’m coming back to this because I was thinking about this to simply

True could have blocked Vis and Vis could very well not have any role and be a vanillager

The wolves could have tried to shot the lost wolf, if they didn’t recruit them, and failed the kill too

Shoot this is a lot more complex than it appears…

Yeah I also am curious who else you acted on if you are really the blocker True
Yes, this is what we were talking about for a large portion of today. I'm glad that you are caught up now.

Night 1 I blocked genny. I received no feedback about whether or not it did anything. On night 2 I blocked Vissy. Still no feedback, but then there wasn't a kill in the morning. Go look at what I posted right after the morning write up, I was clearly getting ready to point at her. But then she pointed out that the lone wolf has a 1x bulletproof, so I refrained from throwing her to the mob because she could plausibly be a villager.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Yes, this is what we were talking about for a large portion of today. I'm glad that you are caught up now.

Night 1 I blocked genny. I received no feedback about whether or not it did anything. On night 2 I blocked Vissy. Still no feedback, but then there wasn't a kill in the morning. Go look at what I posted right after the morning right up, I was clearly getting ready to point at her. But then she pointed out that the lone wolf has a 1x bulletproof, so I refrained from throwing her to the mob because she could plausibly be a villager.

Yes, it wasn’t super clear but I get what you are saying now. I was looking at it very simplistically.

It sucks that a lot of this hinges on if there is a lone wolf or not

Members don't see this ad :)
Also I feel like the possibilities for the no kill are clouding things.
I think we also need to be aware of POEs with mechanics/assumed mechanics aside because the odds of misinterpreting are high.
And the third possibility is just that wolves holstered, especially because if I'm following discussion correctly, they know how many PRs there are. Could suggest one was in the POE last night and was concerned about being a target?

I think we also need to be aware of POEs with mechanics/assumed mechanics aside because the odds of misinterpreting are high.
And the third possibility is just that wolves holstered, especially because if I'm following discussion correctly, they know how many PRs there are. Could suggest one was in the POE last night and was concerned about being a target?
The wolves can’t holster, it’s a rule

This feels too clever by half

We don't know that they receive any kind of notification. If she's vanilla, wolf or villager, I don't think she would know. It was silent on my end.
Hmm okay, I was wondering that
If you don’t have a PR and you’re blocked you may or may not know about it then?

We don't know that they receive any kind of notification. If she's vanilla, wolf or villager, I don't think she would know. It was silent on my end.
The rules said something about night results being for fun with italics and not affecting the game or something

How please?
There's just no way they holstered last night, even if it was an option.

I propose we yeet neither vis nor true today, and let the wolves kill true tonight.
Seems reasonable to me. That's why my vote's on Kate. I could be convinced to move it to clem or possibly PSV, but Kate feels like the safest bet to me at the moment.

• Wow
Kate, vis, and Clem have all been super absent today. Where y'all at

Wasn't I your third strongest town lean?
I've been feeling more anxious about you as this day cycle has gone on, tbh. Some part of me keeps thinking "I feel like wolf!Dubz is more likely to sub out than village!Dubz", but I don't want that to affect my decision.

I also don't want to lose to you again so soon T>T

Kate, vis, and Clem have all been super absent today. Where y'all at
It's especially annoying because this is my #1 most likely pack at the moment (though I'm really torn on Vissy).

Really hope they weigh in soon enough for some proper discussion. There's not much thread to catch up on, just a couple pages.

There's just no way they holstered last night, even if it was an option.

Seems reasonable to me. That's why my vote's on Kate. I could be convinced to move it to clem or possibly PSV, but Kate feels like the safest bet to me at the moment.
I’ll sheep the Kate vote, she’s been in my POE since the start

Yeet Kate

Day 3 Tally - "I think we've all been here, right?"
1684454799611.png

PlayerVoted By
Miranda
PSVClem
TruenamerChic, genny
KateTruenamer, PSV, miranda
Leading:@Kate51
Missing:@Viscernable @Kate51
Yeet Close:10pm CDT/ 11pm EDT TODAY (~3 hours)
Last Updated:8:07 pm est/7:07 pm cdt by Alissa

Last edited:
I've been feeling more anxious about you as this day cycle has gone on, tbh. Some part of me keeps thinking "I feel like wolf!Dubz is more likely to sub out than village!Dubz", but I don't want that to affect my decision.

I also don't want to lose to you again so soon T>T
Yeahhhhh I would strongly encourage you not to let that affect your decision either way. Dubz was just busy
And now you're stuck with me

• Care
Did I just get elimed? I'm so sorry I've had a migraine for 2 days and I thought I had until 11 pm.

I'm really sorry I disappeared. Gl town.

Last edited:
  • Care
Well I can read dubz and I'm not sure i can read psv either way, so...no lol I'm gonna base my read on that slot on the person I can, ya know, actually read
Okay wait correct me if I’m misremembering, but Dubz said you have not played with scum Dubz and then you said you caught her in some scum role? This discrepancy is bothering me and I don’t know if it’s just because I misynderstood your reply

Did I just get? I'm so sorry I've had a migraine for 2 days and I thought I had until 11 pm.

You still have just over 2 hours before close

I'm so sorry I've had a migraine for 2 days and I thought I had until 11 pm.

Also we don’t use the L word here, please edit that when you can. I hope your migraine goes away soon

Okay wait correct me if I’m misremembering, but Dubz said you have not played with scum Dubz and then you said you caught her in some scum role? This discrepancy is bothering me and I don’t know if it’s just because I misynderstood your reply
From what I get from my memory banks, he was in a game with 3P Dubz. Would love if someone who was in that game could confirm.

even if we need to yeet a wolf or lose?
If there were more confidence that the block blocked the kill, then yeah it would be. I think it’s fairly likely the the kill landed on the traitor, in which case following the mechanical argument to yeet the blocked player without considering whether they’re the wolfiest suspect overall would result in the losing misyeet

I’m just trying to understand your thought process because it’s not making sense to me
Wolves have TMI of which night actions are abailable to them, so to make a post showing a misunderstanding of wolves’ night actions they would have to fake it. Which is possible, but more often than not, that kind of thing is a genuine village tell imo. Not reliable enough to make a snap read off it alone, but I feel good about PSV and chic.

Wolves have TMI of which night actions are abailable to them, so to make a post showing a misunderstanding of wolves’ night actions they would have to fake it. Which is possible, but more often than not, that kind of thing is a genuine village tell imo. Not reliable enough to make a snap read off it alone, but I feel good about PSV and chic.
I agree on chic, and partially agree on PSV, but jumping into a game as a sub is always going to be confusing, whichever side you're on.

It seems obvious that if you blocked Vis and there was no NK that Vis is almost certain to be a woof
Per the rules, woofs have to submit a kill
As we’ve said multiple times, wolves could have targeted their lost wolf and the no kill resulted from that. I was pushing this explanation and the blocker not revealing because I know this is what happened, since I was targeted by the block.

As we’ve said multiple times, wolves could have targeted their lost wolf and the no kill resulted from that. I was pushing this explanation and the blocker not revealing because I know this is what happened, since I was targeted by the block.
There's a reason I'm not voting for you today- because I'm inclined to believe that this is what happened

yes, I realized this after this post :sorry:
I was thinking about it too narrowly