You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Friday the 13'er - Game Thread
Started by Animal Midwife
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Ugh contingency lunch gennyYup I'm done ugh f these bastard mechanics.
Lynch genny
how did i know there would be some bastard **** in this game
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Missed this last night. Any reason in particular?Regardless of whether Lupin is a wolf or not, lots of pressure devoted to dubz for tomorrow
Sorry I missed that. Looked like fun.
Lupin was my top wolf lead, so I wouldn’t have helped.
But,...I can’t say I am surprised that a seer would fail in an AM game. She hates seering...why would she include it. Clearly to teach us a lesson?
The odd thing is, I thought genny and lupin were a wolf team and she was spectacularly throwing her under the bus with that 1-time seer nonsense...and the don’t protect me nonsense...and the I will be killed overnight nonsense,
For me, lupin coming back village exonerates her a bit.
The Lynch saved mutts so I am going there for now,
Lupin was my top wolf lead, so I wouldn’t have helped.
But,...I can’t say I am surprised that a seer would fail in an AM game. She hates seering...why would she include it. Clearly to teach us a lesson?
The odd thing is, I thought genny and lupin were a wolf team and she was spectacularly throwing her under the bus with that 1-time seer nonsense...and the don’t protect me nonsense...and the I will be killed overnight nonsense,
For me, lupin coming back village exonerates her a bit.
The Lynch saved mutts so I am going there for now,
Night closed; results pending.
Roster
1. @Coopah
3. @nyanko
5. @genny
6. @WildZoo
7. @muttmanager
9. @Melchizedek
10. @StartingoverVet
11. @Ms Procrastinator
12. @Navilly
Dead
8. Barks - vanillager
2. miz - mason
4. Lupin - vanillager
13. SAR - vengeful
1. @Coopah
3. @nyanko
5. @genny
6. @WildZoo
7. @muttmanager
9. @Melchizedek
10. @StartingoverVet
11. @Ms Procrastinator
12. @Navilly
Dead
8. Barks - vanillager
2. miz - mason
4. Lupin - vanillager
13. SAR - vengeful
First off, why was the thread locked last night?
Second off, I think there is something screwy with the Lupin thing and it’s not quite as simple as a bastard seer. The mirror thing is important and I am trying to run down how/why.
If Lupin is a wolf, mirror likely either reflected affiliation/ability of last person lynched or person that they chose overnight.
If Lupin is not a wolf either a) genny is a wolf with a one time affiliation seering, and she legitimately thought she found a lone wolf/wolf pup b) someone else interacted with Lupin that night, meaning genny saw the reflection of the person who interacted with Lupin.
The only situation I do not comprehend is genny making that ****e up, or that it’s a bastard mechanic. AM would not have made a 13 person, highly engaging game a bastard game. She just wouldn’t. Which is interesting that she is delving into some more interesting mechanics, but I do have to remember that pippy is a co-mod at the end of the day. So some interesting and unique mechanics will find their way in here
Second off, I think there is something screwy with the Lupin thing and it’s not quite as simple as a bastard seer. The mirror thing is important and I am trying to run down how/why.
If Lupin is a wolf, mirror likely either reflected affiliation/ability of last person lynched or person that they chose overnight.
If Lupin is not a wolf either a) genny is a wolf with a one time affiliation seering, and she legitimately thought she found a lone wolf/wolf pup b) someone else interacted with Lupin that night, meaning genny saw the reflection of the person who interacted with Lupin.
The only situation I do not comprehend is genny making that ****e up, or that it’s a bastard mechanic. AM would not have made a 13 person, highly engaging game a bastard game. She just wouldn’t. Which is interesting that she is delving into some more interesting mechanics, but I do have to remember that pippy is a co-mod at the end of the day. So some interesting and unique mechanics will find their way in here
Why aren't wolves going after the knowns. We're useless knowns but we're knowns all the same. We narrow down the list of people who can be lynched and increase the chance of getting a wolf.
Why aren't wolves going after the knowns. We're useless knowns but we're knowns all the same. We narrow down the list of people who can be lynched and increase the chance of getting a wolf.
Likely fear of protection or wasting a night.
My thought process is, if we lose because it’s a bastard game, I won’t be upset, because that’s just sort of an F the mod type situation. So my assumption is you and SoV are clear and remain clear. If not, then F it, you just say the mod got their jollies and we move on with our lives.
well i'm an affiliation seer. i'm just putting that out there. the reason i was supporting genny's claim is because i also investigated lupin n1 and got the same answer.
i was hesitant on believing it because i considered that it could be a bastard game and/or i am insane cop or something which would mean people investigate opposite of actual affiliation, but when genny came out with her results i was more confident since that kind of took insane cop off of the table
Day 3 Lynch Tally
genny (1) - Coop
1/9
lynch close in ~32 hours
genny (1) - Coop
1/9
lynch close in ~32 hours
First off, why was the thread locked last night?
Second off, I think there is something screwy with the Lupin thing and it’s not quite as simple as a bastard seer. The mirror thing is important and I am trying to run down how/why.
If Lupin is a wolf, mirror likely either reflected affiliation/ability of last person lynched or person that they chose overnight.
If Lupin is not a wolf either a) genny is a wolf with a one time affiliation seering, and she legitimately thought she found a lone wolf/wolf pup b) someone else interacted with Lupin that night, meaning genny saw the reflection of the person who interacted with Lupin.
The only situation I do not comprehend is genny making that ****e up, or that it’s a bastard mechanic. AM would not have made a 13 person, highly engaging game a bastard game. She just wouldn’t. Which is interesting that she is delving into some more interesting mechanics, but I do have to remember that pippy is a co-mod at the end of the day. So some interesting and unique mechanics will find their way in here
Lot to process between just these two posts.well i'm an affiliation seer. i'm just putting that out there. the reason i was supporting genny's claim is because i also investigated lupin n1 and got the same answer.
Nav, I am all for a tin-foil session but these are even far too ludicrous for even me, and I'm trying to decide if you're just trying to add to the chaos and confusion of the genny and lupin situation. Not only am I irritated at how unhelpful that post was, but now you've moved up on my wolf-list.
Why aren't wolves going after the knowns. We're useless knowns but we're knowns all the same. We narrow down the list of people who can be lynched and increase the chance of getting a wolf.
Thank you for yet another useless post? What was the point of posting this? How does this further the game in any way? Sketch points for you.
Lot to process between just these two posts.
Nav, I am all for a tin-foil session but these are even far too ludicrous for even me, and I'm trying to decide if you're just trying to add to the chaos and confusion of the genny and lupin situation. Not only am I irritated at how unhelpful that post was, but now you've moved up on my wolf-list.
Thank you for yet another useless post? What was the point of posting this? How does this further the game in any way? Sketch points for you.
If you are village, I hope you eat these words at the end of the game. If you are a wolf, very good post!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not getting wolfy vibes from Mel. Just my humble opinion.
Day 3 WOAH with all these Waffles Lynch Tally
genny (1) - Coop
1/9
lynch close in ~27 hours
genny (1) - Coop
1/9
lynch close in ~27 hours
Thank you for yet another useless post? What was the point of posting this? How does this further the game in any way? Sketch points for you.
Sketch for what? I'm literally clear
This doesn’t make sense. If it’s a bastard mechanic, then either my results were wrong but I told the truth, or Lupin’s affiliation wasn’t reported correctly when she was lynched and I told the truth. Why would you lynch me for that?Yup I'm done ugh f these bastard mechanics.
Lynch genny
Lynch me if you think I was being deceptive, sure, that makes sense. Your logic just isn’t making sense.
Why would you reveal your role?well i'm an affiliation seer. i'm just putting that out there. the reason i was supporting genny's claim is because i also investigated lupin n1 and got the same answer.
Did I miss something? How did you get hard cleared?Sketch for what? I'm literally clear
I'm Miz's masonDid I miss something? How did you get hard cleared?
Ahh okay, I did miss that reveal.I'm Miz's mason
Then categorize me as grumpy at you
Spewing my thoughts for a second because I’m having trouble wrapping my head around the situation.
So we have cleared villagers:
MsPro
SOV
genny -?
Ny -?
Not cleared
Navs
Dubz
Coopah
Mutts
If we take NY and Genny at face value, then Ny has seered someone last night (hopefully?) so one of the four “not cleared” people can either be confirmed villager meaning the other three would be our two or three wolves, or if ny caught a wolf we lynch them and do a little more analysis.
The above is complicated by whatever lies/potential mechanics have caused the confusion behind the genny/lupin situation so should we take them both at face value?
Genny was my only good village read yesterday and after Ny’s read on SAR I put her in my village category too so I’m willing to believe both of them, but doesn’t that make the game solved? It can’t be this easy?
So I guess right now the best question would be, @nyanko since you outed yourself could you also share your seer results early so we can discuss them to see if they seem valid and avoid an issue like yesterday?
Last edited:
So I guess right now the best question would be, @nyanko since you outed yourself could you also share your seer results early so we can discuss them to see if they seem valid and avoid an issue like yesterday?
This
I seered genny last night and she came back as a villager. but lupin came back as a wolf. so who knowsss
Why would you reveal your role?
because i'm not even sure it's a legit seer role at this point - as i said i also got lupin as a wolf so vOv
anyway this is a small game so we don't really have a lot of nights to be relying on my results for long, so i don't figure it matters much.
MechanicsThis doesn’t make sense. If it’s a bastard mechanic, then either my results were wrong but I told the truth, or Lupin’s affiliation wasn’t reported correctly when she was lynched and I told the truth. Why would you lynch me for that?
Lynch me if you think I was being deceptive, sure, that makes sense. Your logic just isn’t making sense.
I have no idea but I am very bothered by it. Add in Navs continued belief that AM hates seering nothing makes sense anymoreWhy would you reveal your role?
Nope **** this. Genny was wrong or Genny lied. I don't care but a lynch will tell. Not sure why people are assuming Genny is village that's crap. I'm assuming there's something wonky somewhere but I don't know where and this will give me the most info.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ny said that lupin came up as a wolf and she wasn't. How crazy would it be to assume that the results are the opposite of what they are? What if there's some sort of framer in the game?
Ahh okay, I did miss that reveal.
Then categorize me as grumpy at you
Spewing my thoughts for a second because I’m having trouble wrapping my head around the situation.
So we have cleared villagers:
MsPro
SOV
genny -?
Ny -?
Not cleared
Navs
Dubz
Coopah
Mutts
If we take NY and Genny at face value, then Ny has seered someone last night (hopefully?) so one of the four “not cleared” people can either be confirmed villager meaning the other three would be our two or three wolves, or if ny caught a wolf we lynch them and do a little more analysis.
The above is complicated by whatever lies/potential mechanics have caused the confusion behind the genny/lupin situation so should we take them both at face value?
Genny was my only good village read yesterday and after Ny’s read on SAR I put her in my village category too so I’m willing to believe both of them, but doesn’t that make the game solved? It can’t be this easy?
So I guess right now the best question would be, @nyanko since you outed yourself could you also share your seer results early so we can discuss them to see if they seem valid and avoid an issue like yesterday?
You are conveniently not on the list for either.
Ny said that lupin came up as a wolf and she wasn't. How crazy would it be to assume that the results are the opposite of what they are? What if there's some sort of framer in the game?
I would agree with this if someone’s role wasn’t a freaking mirror. Something is wonky given the role of a mirror.
Also two affiliation seers in a 13 person game? With one of them able to seer on multiple nights. I feel like this is a bastard game just for AM’s amusement at this point, which is obnoxious because it’s a long day cycle game. If you are running a bastard game, at least be courteous and let it be a quick game.
You are conveniently not on the list for either.
I found it weird that he didn't place himself either.
I would agree with this if someone’s role wasn’t a freaking mirror. Something is wonky given the role of a mirror.
What are your thoughts? A mirror reflects something and often the results are backwards
So you're saying we should be looking closer at both genny and ny this cycleAlso two affiliation seers in a 13 person game? With one of them able to seer on multiple nights. I feel like this is a bastard game just for AM’s amusement at this point, which is obnoxious because it’s a long day cycle game. If you are running a bastard game, at least be courteous and let it be a quick game.
I found it weird that he didn't place himself either.
What are your thoughts? A mirror reflects something and often the results are backwards
I had four different thoughts on them and listed them out before.
The mirror thing is important and I am trying to run down how/why.
If Lupin is a wolf, mirror likely either reflected affiliation/ability of last personlynchedwho lynched her or person that they chose overnight.
If Lupin is not a wolf either a) genny is a wolf with a one time affiliation seering, and she legitimately thought she found a lone wolf/wolf pup b) someone else interacted with Lupin that night, meaning genny saw the reflection of the person who interacted with Lupin.
I like these thoughts
Also two affiliation seers in a 13 person game? With one of them able to seer on multiple nights.
I have to agree with you on this one. One of them's a bad egg.
Or both or none. Honestly this feels stupid and I'm not sure why I'm playing. I suppose on the off chance that it isn't a bastard game and things will be revealed in due time.I have to agree with you on this one. One of them's a bad egg.
Imagine how upset AM must be right now in dead/mod chat if it really isn't a bastard game. I can picture it.Or both or none. Honestly this feels stupid and I'm not sure why I'm playing. I suppose on the off chance that it isn't a bastard game and things will be revealed in due time.
Well if lupins role was a mirror, it's possible that she just game the opposite result to anyone who looked into her, but then why would she be listed as vanillager? Speaking of, wtf is a vengeful?
A vengeful kills the last person on their lynch or choses someone to kill when they get lynched. She didn't get lynched so she didn't get to take someone with her.Well if lupins role was a mirror, it's possible that she just game the opposite result to anyone who looked into her, but then why would she be listed as vanillager? Speaking of, wtf is a vengeful?
Well if lupins role was a mirror, it's possible that she just game the opposite result to anyone who looked into her
Okay, that seems like a bastard mechanic.
ok. my guess would be a framer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also genny said she had a 1 time use investigation only
A cop and a seeralso genny said she had a 1 time use investigation only
. A framer is the only reason I can think of as to why lupin came up as wolf. That or someone lied. The mirror theory doesn't work well unless she reflected something.A cop and a seer. A framer is the only reason I can think of as to why lupin came up as wolf. That or someone lied. The mirror theory doesn't work well unless she reflected something.
genny and i are saying the exact same thing so if one of us is lying then both are
You still haven't answered why you just role revealed with no new info. Why would you just come out like that?genny and i are saying the exact same thing so if one of us is lying then both are
Hmm. This is tricky,
I could totally see AM using false seers. But two of them?
I could also totally see nyan just throwing that seer info out there as a wolf to add confusion when we are already confused, it’s a pretty good play. We would be pretty reluctant to lynch a seer, even if we don’t believe results.
And I could really see both nyan and genny claiming seer and both are wolves, that would be brilliant.
Or, most likely, I am over thinking,
I could totally see AM using false seers. But two of them?
I could also totally see nyan just throwing that seer info out there as a wolf to add confusion when we are already confused, it’s a pretty good play. We would be pretty reluctant to lynch a seer, even if we don’t believe results.
And I could really see both nyan and genny claiming seer and both are wolves, that would be brilliant.
Or, most likely, I am over thinking,
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 97K