Apr 2, 2019
Status
Post Doc
That’s ok, miz and I had a pretty good plan in place if one of us were to be the lead lynch candidate today. Thankfully she was the recipient of one of the last question rewards and could have effectively “cleared” both of us. :1devilish:
We enjoyed our plotting :laugh:

Reactions: Skimble

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
tot chat
Also the Lawpy theory that wolves are packed with inexperienced players died a fiery death :dead::hungover:

The wolf strategy plotted smartly by katana, AM, mizzy and Skilary is definitely anything but that. It's literally planned by some of the most experienced and strategic players possible hence the decisive and crushing victory.

Reactions: katashark

Animal Midwife

perpetually confused
2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2016
PMs, melting down brb
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Right before I subbed out lol
Could you quote it? I was overwhelmed with excitement when Mel subbed in.
Wolves are spoiled here by the lack of seers that appear in the games. And the ability to convert in most games.
Affiliation seers and converts will always be garbage.
oooh tell me. who do you think it favored?

wait what?
I felt it was town-sided beyond the norm. And it's just a Circenses reference.

ziggyandjazzy

curiosity killed the cat
2+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2017
Status
Veterinary Student
Could you quote it? I was overwhelmed with excitement when Mel subbed in.

Affiliation seers and converts will always be garbage.

I felt it was town-sided beyond the norm. And it's just a Circenses reference.
How was it town sided beyond norm? Everyone was vanilla except 2 people with not that powerful of roles. And I thought around 20% wolves was average?

Reactions: Caiter92

Animal Midwife

perpetually confused
2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2016
PMs, melting down brb
Status
Pre-Veterinary
How was it town sided beyond norm? Everyone was vanilla except 2 people with not that powerful of roles. And I thought around 20% wolves was average?
It goes beyond the numbers and into all items available for use. This is a special case as item-heavy games usually are.

Apr 2, 2019
Status
Post Doc
Also the Lawpy theory that wolves are packed with inexperienced players died a fiery death :dead::hungover:

The wolf strategy plotted smartly by katana, AM, mizzy and Skilary is definitely anything but that. It's literally planned by some of the most experienced and strategic players possible hence the decisive and crushing victory.
Shucks :heckyeah:
Call me pocketed ;)

Navilly

Aspirations without Title
Gold Donor
Mar 29, 2019
It goes beyond the numbers and into all items available for use. This is a special case as item-heavy games usually are.
I am going to disagree here. It required a more firm and cohesive strategy for wolves, and I think there is nothing wrong with that. There is an intrinsic aversion for you with respect to item based games. But just because a bit more strategy is involved doesn’t make the game balanced in a certain direction. The merits of that can certainly be debated, but that’s my take on it

Navilly

Gold Donor
Mar 29, 2019
@dolphin106258 I wanted to say you played a great game! I couldn't figure out why people thought you were so sketchy. Good job!
Dolphin was solid villager to me by like day 3, I thought dolphin did great. And acanth too, I got mad when people thought they were being coached.

Me and Mel had completely opposite reads though, which always makes for a fun game :p

ziggyandjazzy

curiosity killed the cat
2+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2017
Status
Veterinary Student
I can't really figure out what most of the items do but I dont think I agree it was village sided.
Looks like wolves got 2 extra kills out of items. Thats a big advantage, even using one on yourselves lol. Village got 1x seering (which they used awesomely @Stagg737), a 1x mod question item (which was also brilliant and not something I wouldve thought of @Navilly), and 1x Rez which no one thought helped clear @mypetmoose. Were there other items that helped them out? Cuz I didn't remember seeing protection or any other really important powerful items

Reactions: Navilly

Navilly

Gold Donor
Mar 29, 2019
I can't really figure out what most of the items do but I dont think I agree it was village sided.
Looks like wolves got 2 extra kills out of items. Thats a big advantage, even using one on yourselves lol. Village got 1x seering (which they used awesomely @Stagg737), a 1x mod question item (which was also brilliant and not something I wouldve thought of @Navilly), and 1x Rez which no one thought helped clear @mypetmoose. Were there other items that helped them out? Cuz I didn't remember seeing protection or any other really important powerful items
Hmmm ziggy is pocketing me:

*******lynch ziggy***** ;)

Reactions: CoffeeQuestionMark

Animal Midwife

perpetually confused
2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2016
PMs, melting down brb
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I am going to disagree here. It required a more firm and cohesive strategy for wolves, and I think there is nothing wrong with that. There is an intrinsic aversion for you with respect to item based games. But just because a bit more strategy is involved doesn’t make the game balanced in a certain direction. The merits of that can certainly be debated, but that’s my take on it
I've had varied success with item games and do enjoy them from time to time. Though I admit a preference for games where these are just solid abilities unless it's a singular make-your-own box being passed around.

It's just I'm pretty positive if I was village in this game, this would've be an easy win for me. I think maybe changing the order of items being distrubted or the ability to hang onto them might have made a difference in my opinion.

Apr 2, 2019
Status
Post Doc
We only got one item to kill.
The other item I got allowed me to ask anyone I wanted (player) a question. I couldn’t figure how to best use that.

There was a daily coffee mug protection item.

Navilly

Gold Donor
Mar 29, 2019
I've had varied success with item games and do enjoy them from time to time. Though I admit a preference for games where these are just solid abilities unless it's a singular make-your-own box being passed around.

It's just I'm pretty positive if I was village in this game, this would've be an easy win for me. I think maybe changing the order of items being distrubted or the ability to hang onto them might have made a difference in my opinion.
Can you elaborate a bit more? What do you feel would’ve made it an easy win for you?

ziggyandjazzy

curiosity killed the cat
2+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2017
Status
Veterinary Student
Hmmm ziggy is pocketing me:

*******lynch ziggy***** ;)
what no I can be nice sometimes I swear! well thought out, clever question
We only got one item to kill.
The other item I got allowed me to ask anyone I wanted (player) a question. I couldn’t figure how to best use that.

There was a daily coffee mug protection item.
The spreadsheet says you got 2. one you used on coop and one on kata. is that wrong? how else did 2 people die one night?

Apr 2, 2019
Status
Post Doc
what no I can be nice sometimes I swear! well thought out, clever question

The spreadsheet says you got 2. one you used on coop and one on kata. is that wrong? how else did 2 people die one night?
OH. We did get a poking stick. We had no idea what it did except that it might kill them if we poked too hard. Forgot about that.

katashark

Oregon c/o 2020
2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2015
The Ocean
Status
Veterinary Student
Thanks, mods, for a good game!
Thank you to wolves for sacrificing me so you guys could win!

@acanthuroidei - great 1st game! mad props to you.

Coopah

2+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
Hey I answered that question first and therefore shouldn't have died! Just cause it was in PM doesn't mean I didn't do it!

Reactions: MixedAnimals77

Animal Midwife

perpetually confused
2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2016
PMs, melting down brb
Status
Pre-Veterinary
The kills were by pure chance though. Had the item randed differently at the start or miz missed getting to that question first, I think this would absolutely be a village win right now. Looking at the spreadsheet, I think we got lucky with the first one as well since I'm seeing a 20% chance. In a completely vanilla nothing game, I'd call it overwhelming and wolfsided, but it's factored into more anti-wolf or useless items.

From the sheet I see:
- night action avoidance (cannot be killed)
- daytime affiliation seering item during a sweep's mylo (cannot be blocked or stopped in anyway)
- village rez
- receive direct snippets from wolf chat strategy
- find out the exact ratio of wolves and converts in the game
- daytime innocent child
- reveal innocent child to singular player

It's a lot to dodge when the entire wolf team is vanilla.

Reactions: Melchizedek

Animal Midwife

perpetually confused
2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2016
PMs, melting down brb
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Can you elaborate a bit more? What do you feel would’ve made it an easy win for you?
I feel like I would've kept getting protected while I used other items. I can't be sure who exactly would've randed wolf in this scenario, but I definitely would've pushed more from quietness because I'm not interested in lowposting.

Feb 19, 2018
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Oh I had a protection item! The glady’s thing, protected Nav. Look what that got me :laugh:

ziggyandjazzy

curiosity killed the cat
2+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2017
Status
Veterinary Student
The kills were by pure chance though. Had the item randed differently at the start or miz missed getting to that question first, I think this would absolutely be a village win right now. Looking at the spreadsheet, I think we got lucky with the first one as well since I'm seeing a 20% chance. In a completely vanilla nothing game, I'd call it overwhelming and wolfsided, but it's factored into more anti-wolf or useless items.

From the sheet I see:
- daytime affiliation seering item during a sweep's mylo (cannot be blocked or stopped in anyway)
- village rez
- daytime innocent child

I must be missing something bc I don't see those things lol

Feb 19, 2018
Status
Pre-Veterinary
@dolphin106258 I wanted to say you played a great game! I couldn't figure out why people thought you were so sketchy. Good job!
Dolphin was solid villager to me by like day 3, I thought dolphin did great. And acanth too, I got mad when people thought they were being coached.

Me and Mel had completely opposite reads though, which always makes for a fun game :p
Thanks guys! And Nav maybe don’t sub out next time when you are leaning me village. Or ya know leave your sub some concrete feels for the rest of the game. :heckyeah:

Reactions: Coopah
Feb 19, 2018
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I also would like to point out I was right about phoebe’s guitar. So my mechanics speculation was helpful and completely made sense. :p Glad cubs got NK’ed or I probably still would’ve been irritated about the guitar inconsistencies.

Reactions: Coopah

finnickthedog

Michigan State c/o 2021
2+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2014
snuggling with vmh
Status
Veterinary Student

From the sheet I see:
- village rez
- daytime innocent child

Every benefit the village got was also pure chance.

Stagg737

5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2013
Decapod 10
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm honestly not even mad at this loss. I was considering voting for Skim today because I thought the last 2 days were way too easy, but I don't think there was any way I'd have voted for Miz unless there was a final 3 of me, Mel, and Miz. @mizchiefmanaged , that was a great game.

Let it be known that Phoebe was a wolf. As i have said already, worst friend in friends by far.
Lies. Phoebe is the only Friend who isn't garbage. Playing this game sucked a piece of my already tiny soul out. (@MixedAnimals77, not because the game was bad, because I hate Friends).

Were there other items that helped them out? Cuz I didn't remember seeing protection or any other really important powerful items
I had Joey's headshot which allowed me to attempt to create an item and give it to someone. I tried to created "wolf-dar" which would give the user the names of 2 players, one would be wolf and the other would be village. My attempt apparently failed though so nothing happened. I also had Monica's Apron on N2 and just forgot to use it. Oops...

Stagg737

5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2013
Decapod 10
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Oh, and @cubsrule4e , when are you taking orders for those beers? ;)

Barkley13

ISU c/o 2022
Feb 25, 2018
Status
Veterinary Student
Um yes I had the guitar and used it on dolphin because I wasn’t really thinking and was like hm yes I feel like this is about the point when she usually dies and then the next day I had time and looked at things and thought she was sketchy and I didn’t want to admit that I had just basically protected her :laugh:

• Angry
Reactions: dolphin106258

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
tot chat
I'm honestly not even mad at this loss. I was considering voting for Skim today because I thought the last 2 days were way too easy, but I don't think there was any way I'd have voted for Miz unless there was a final 3 of me, Mel, and Miz. @mizchiefmanaged , that was a great game.

Lies. Phoebe is the only Friend who isn't garbage. Playing this game sucked a piece of my already tiny soul out. (@MixedAnimals77, not because the game was bad, because I hate Friends).

I had Joey's headshot which allowed me to attempt to create an item and give it to someone. I tried to created "wolf-dar" which would give the user the names of 2 players, one would be wolf and the other would be village. My attempt apparently failed though so nothing happened. I also had Monica's Apron on N2 and just forgot to use it. Oops...
i'm just curious to see you and mizzy wolfing together and watching how the fresh bussing would work :heckyeah::cat:

• Haha
Reactions: mizchiefmanaged

Animal Midwife

perpetually confused
2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2016
PMs, melting down brb
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Every benefit the village got was also pure chance.
I know and I think that's what made this particular rand so risky. I think innocent child plus seering going off during mylo would've 100% been a total wolf downfall regardless of how snookered everyone was.
No like that's literally not visible to me haha
Are you looking in the mechanics section?

finnickthedog

Michigan State c/o 2021
2+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2014
snuggling with vmh
Status
Veterinary Student
I know and I think that's what made this particular rand so risky. I think innocent child plus seering going off during mylo would've 100% been a total wolf downfall regardless of how snookered everyone was.
I'm not denying that a set up like this with everything being items/trivia bonuses is risky, could end up swinging heavily to one side, and is therefore harder to balance. I'm just disagreeing that it makes it a village sided set up.

Apr 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I read it as someone accused me specifically of coaching acanthy after I had died.
I do apologize if it came off that way. It was not my intention. I meant everything in the way that it was stated earlier about coaching in the wolf chat thing. I only asked about who her friend was because I wondered if maybe she had watched a game previously through you. I didn't mean to imply any sort of cheating or make anyone uncomfortable/feel bad playing. I was just playing the game/trying to figure out a puzzle, and wanted to figure out what kind of exposure to the game she had had previously. Again, I am so so sorry if I offended anyone, or inadvertently made the game less fun for people. I genuinely enjoyed playing with acanthy, so I hope that she plays with us again.

• Love
Reactions: katashark

Stagg737

5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2013
Decapod 10
Status
Resident [Any Field]

ziggyandjazzy

curiosity killed the cat
2+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2017
Status
Veterinary Student

Are you looking in the mechanics section?
yep
how would innocent child have happened during Mylo? I thought they stopped asking the questions a while ago

Feb 19, 2018
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Um yes I had the guitar and used it on dolphin because I wasn’t really thinking and was like hm yes I feel like this is about the point when she usually dies and then the next day I had time and looked at things and thought she was sketchy and I didn’t want to admit that I had just basically protected her :laugh:
It got used on me twice lol