Future DVMs- C/O 2021!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
but I don't want to be the only post if people are just going to wait until they finish hearing from schools. :p

I suspect people won't post until at least February/March/April when notifications start going out....at least that's me

Members don't see this ad.

I would think it would be too early for that one. Wouldn't schools finish sending out their initial acceptances before they make a waitlist?

I'm really tempted to post the stats thread though. That one I think was up in November or December last year... but I don't want to be the only post if people are just going to wait until they finish hearing from schools. :p
Been reading through some threads and saw people mentioning being waitlisted/alternates. Some schools go through the process more quickly than others.

And you're not the only person who is done hearing from schools! There was at least one person in the MWU thread who only applied there and got in.

Reactions: 1 user
I would think it would be too early for that one. Wouldn't schools finish sending out their initial acceptances before they make a waitlist?

I'm really tempted to post the stats thread though. That one I think was up in November or December last year... but I don't want to be the only post if people are just going to wait until they finish hearing from schools. :p
Been reading through some threads and saw people mentioning being waitlisted/alternates. Some schools go through the process more quickly than others.

And you're not the only person who is done hearing from schools! There was at least one person in the MWU thread who only applied there and got in.
Plus, if you're really lonely I could just repost my stats from last year lol

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I suspect people won't post until at least February/March/April when notifications start going out....at least that's me

That's what I was figuring. Even for people who have received at least one acceptance already, I think a lot of people wait to post in applicant stats until they're heard back from all the schools they applied to or even until they've made a decision about where they're going. I'd probably do the same had I applied to more than one school. So I'll wait until someone else feels it's time to post and then I'll just throw my stats in. I'm not gonna be the thread starter. I already did my thread starting for this class. :p

I didn't realize there were schools that got through it that quickly. Well those alternates should start the thread then!

Haha, I know I'm not the only one who is done hearing back but will those people actually come post if I were to put the thread up? That is the question. ;)

I'm just making sure y'all know what your responsibilities are, you can be slackers if you want :p

Screenshot_142.png

Members don't see this ad :)
So I asked my wife to look up some behavioral interview questions to ask while I was packing and then this is what she found for me. https://mic.com/articles/49187/6-wo...ses-in-the-history-of-miss-america#.GciQTjdMG. Thank you dear.

This could be relevant! You could also get a question about euthanasia:

When asked about her feelings on making euthanasia a legal practice, Cecil responded:

"That’s one of the things I’m not educated on so I need to look up on what that means … but I do know that’s a vaccine.”​

I think I'm going to do it. I think I'm going to start the applicant stats thread.
I was just looking at last year and I see at least a handful of people posted in it in December. And it is my favorite one after all...

Reactions: 6 users
I think I'm going to do it. I think I'm going to start the applicant stats thread.
I was just looking at last year and I see at least a handful of people posted in it in December. And it is my favorite one after all...

No. Bad finick. No.

Do eeeet

Too late. :laugh:
Last year it went up in November though. And I had my stats all nice and typed up already... just waiting.

It's like IRL. You're mad that the dog did it, but it already happened, so there's no point in being mad since the moment has passed and the dog wouldn't understand why you're not happy with them so there's nothing left to do but say eugh and continue on

It's like IRL. You're mad that the dog did it, but it already happened, so there's no point in being mad since the moment has passed and the dog wouldn't understand why you're not happy with them so there's nothing left to do but say eugh and continue on

And the dog has such a cute face so how can you stay mad... :p

Damn it, Finnick, whyyyyyy?! I want to post in it so bad but I need to wait until I hear back from all schools in feb! :eek:

WZ was just too convincing. You didn't stand a chance.

Blamin' it on whoever I can. She did tell me to "do eeet" though.

Your shoulder devil is a little ferret in a ringling brothers outfit. That should have been a good enough warning

Reactions: 7 users
WZ was just too convincing. You didn't stand a chance.

Blamin' it on whoever I can. She did tell me to "do eeet" though.
I'm pretty sure you did it right before I encouraged you to :laugh: I got the notification for the new thread right when I posted

So I asked my wife to look up some behavioral interview questions to ask while I was packing and then this is what she found for me. https://mic.com/articles/49187/6-wo...ses-in-the-history-of-miss-america#.GciQTjdMG. Thank you dear.
I didn't actually look at this article until now, but I died laughing at number 5

"5. Nadine Tanega, Hawaii

When asked why she is proud to be American, Miss Hawaii contestant, Nadine Tanega, responded with a (not so) shameless plug about her home state.

"We are truly the land of the great. From the rocky shores of … Hawaii…to the beautiful sandy beaches of … Hawaii … America is our home," she answered.

Was she signed up to be a pageant girl or a Hawaiian tour guide? Maybe both ..."

That thread makes me so happy. It's always been my favorite to stalk haha

A friend of mine got me a scrub top with cows on it for christmas. I think my life may be complete:love:

Reactions: 4 users
I know I posted this on the mizzou page, but I just finished up listening to it and feel it is applicable to a much broader range than just Mizzou applicants! Dr. Berent is amazing, and is just about the best resource you can have when it comes to admissions.

http://www.vetschoolunleashed.com/06-getting-vet-school-interview/

Reactions: 3 users
My pre-req gpa was 2.94 when I applied last year (3 C's . . . chemistry . . . :dead: ). After adding one class I hadn't taken yet, and replacing 2 of my C's with A's, I have a 3.38. Still not as pretty as I'd want it to be, but I'm darn proud of that improvement.

Less than one month until my interview! :wideyed:

Reactions: 6 users
My pre-req gpa was 2.94 when I applied last year (3 C's . . . chemistry . . . :dead: ). After adding one class I hadn't taken yet, and replacing 2 of my C's with A's, I have a 3.38. Still not as pretty as I'd want it to be, but I'm darn proud of that improvement.

Less than one month until my interview! :wideyed:
That's fantastic!! You should be very proud! I am in a similiar scenario and my Cs were from chem too. Lol. Where are you interviewing?

Yes you need an acceptances thread and then once people start deciding where they are going you need an attendance decision thread as well!

Couldn't we use the "factors when picking a school thread?" Or no?

Couldn't we use the "factors when picking a school thread?" Or no?

It's more like you're trying to find out who's going where, that thread's to warn noobies about pros/cons of schools before they apply

Reactions: 2 users
It's more like you're trying to find out who's going where, that thread's to warn noobies about pros/cons of schools before they apply
It's also used for people trying to decide which school to attend, but yeah the official attendance decisions thread is more like the interview invites/acceptances/rejections/waitlist threads, just a list of who's going where.

Reactions: 4 users