GGoats!! - An aMAAAAAHzing WW thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah who decided those things belong in cookies?? Nothing worse than expecting a chocolate chip and biting into a raisin
Who decided that raisins should exist at all lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Oh really? I've seen them in any place that sells candy. You might just have to order them online though.

Highly recommend. 10/10. Life changing
Between here and dead chat I need to start making a list of the foods I've never tried before lol

Reactions: 2 users
Oh really? I've seen them in any place that sells candy. You might just have to order them online though.

Highly recommend. 10/10. Life changing
Yeah I remember in the mid 90’s I got a bag of each and tried them all side by side. Peanut butter ones were pretty good.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Between here and dead chat I need to start making a list of the foods I've never tried before lol

If you end up at tufts next year, I will personally hand deliver some to your mailbox lol

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah I remember in the mid 90’s I got a bag of each and tried them all side by side. Peanut butter ones were pretty good.
Mid 90s?!
I wasn't even alive then
Why was I thinking you were younger than that

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
For me, the candy epiphany was discovering they have cinnamon chips (like chocolate chips but cinnamon instead). There's a recipe with oatmeal cookies I put them in and I love them. Screw raisins.
For some reason this is the exact kind of cookie I could see you making

• Haha
Who decided that raisins should exist at all lol
Yeah. You notice all the REAL edible fruits retain their name when dehydrated?

Dried pears? Pretty decent.
Dried apples? Sure.
Dried blueberries? Absolutely!
Dried grapes? 404 Error. Have some nasty raisin byproducts instead.

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 8 users
Yeah. You notice all the REAL edible fruits retain their name when dehydrated?

Dried pears? Pretty decent.
Dried apples? Sure.
Dried blueberries? Absolutely!
Dried grapes? 404 Error. Have some nasty raisin byproducts instead.
What are your thoughts on prunes?

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
What? I have no idea how old you are but I would be extremely surprised if you were younger. 1999 kiddo here
What’s it like to have no memory of the Y2K panic?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
What? I have no idea how old you are but I would be extremely surprised if you were younger. 1999 kiddo here

AM is not going to be the baby for much longer

• Sad
Since when is AM the baby
Hasn't AM been playing this game for years
Confusion
She was a child prodigy who escaped the soviet bloc to the US on a WW grant for her playing skills....don’t quote me on that though.

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 11 users
She was a child prodigy who escaped the soviet bloc to the US on a WW grant for her playing skills....don’t quote me on that though.

I'm pretty sure this is 100% accurate

• Haha
Can someone explain why there was a panic
Long story short, computers at the time weren’t programmed to be able to handle the rollover into the year 2000, so most computers would have just crashed and not come back.

They fixed it though.

Long story short, computers at the time weren’t programmed to be able to handle the rollover into the year 2000, so most computers would have just crashed and not come back.

They fixed it though.
But... Why were sleeping bags needed??

• Haha

They fixed it though.

My parents were into conspiracy theories, so my memories are a little more panic-inducing than this explanation :laugh:

• Haha
All I remember is the 2012 end of the world thing

Reactions: 4 users
Y'all stop cares reacting to me and Dina being 90s kids like it makes us geriatrics or something, jaysus

Yeah I was really enjoying this conversation and now I'm not so sure I belong

1613889591664.png

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
But... Why were sleeping bags needed??
Like ALL computers. The ones controlling the power grid, all the banking systems, the nuclear weapons. Everything.

Like, welcome back to the Stone Age humanity, have fun! That was the concern anyway.

Reactions: 6 users
Like ALL computers. The ones controlling the power grid, all the banking systems, the nuclear weapons. Everything.

Like, welcome back to the Stone Age humanity, have fun! That was the concern anyway.
Honestly, looking back, that's kinda hilarious but I'm sure it wasn't for the people involved

Like did no one think they could just maybe re-program the computers?

Like did no one think they could just maybe re-program the computers?
I mean that’s what they did, but there was an enormous amount of work behind the scenes to make it happen, and people were concerned it might not have been enough and there still would be issues.

Mostly passed unnoticed though.

I was born in the early 90s

Y'all stop cares reacting to me and Dina being 90s kids like it makes us geriatrics or something, jaysus

Next year my manatee's finally gonna be younger than me. I feel it...
Omg you are all children...this explains so much...

80s babies shout out

• Love
  • Hmm
Reactions: 9 users
Where do they rank relative to raisins?
Much easier to avoid, so one point for that. Ultimately, just as disappointing to bite into. I don't even like plums though so that may be a stronger factor.

• Hmm
  • Wow
Okay, me not liking plums at all isn't 100% a total truth, I guess. As a kid, I liked throwing fallen rotten plums from the tree to stain the sidewalk.

• Wow
  • Haha