This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If by "abandoned" you mean "asleep like normal humans are at 2-3am" then yes 😛

Some of us work. Shut it.

On the flip side, I was having a gosh golly gee whiz blast trying to reconstruct an abdominal wall out of hamburger after a dude whacked his own dog with his 1/2 ton.

Or maybe that was two nights ago. It's all blending together.
 
The night was bustling with activity while humans and daemons scattered across town into their homes. In the morning the village gathered and found @hazelmoo curled in a ball under her bed.

Dead is @hazelmoo, Lady Salmakia a Gallivespian spy and skilled fighter.

Welcome back @Trilt !

28 Players remain. It is Day 2. Lynch Closes at 9pm EST

Jordan College

1. Trilt - Chevalier Tialys ?
2. LIS
3. dyachei
4. DVMD
5. Em Jay
6. kcough

London Canals

7. aloha
8. DocE
9. Kam
10. Jilary
11. finnick
12. PBC

Svalbard
13. FS
14. Hayley
15. LotF
16. SOV
17. Allie
18. Epivet

Bolvangar
19. FFM
20. Hazel
21. Lupin
22. pp9 - Father Gomez
23. Deva
24. Rojo

Citagazze
25. tp
26. STL
27. STB
28. Zen
29. caiter
30. Rog
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Glad to hear you were healed, Zen... I was injured last night as well. Can whoever helped Zen out fix me up tonight? Can't vote until I'm healed.
 
Someone came to me last night with ill intentions, but I was protected. So thank you to whoever protected me? The write up mentioned it was something "small and fluffy" so I'm thinking it's a daemon. I wonder if we all have daemon pairs in the game?
 
Someone came to me last night with ill intentions, but I was protected. So thank you to whoever protected me? The write up mentioned it was something "small and fluffy" so I'm thinking it's a daemon. I wonder if we all have daemon pairs in the game?
I doubt everyone does, though maybe the main characters do? I say this only because, as someone mentioned earlier, in the series if a human dies so does their daemon.
 
I doubt everyone does, though maybe the main characters do? I say this only because, as someone mentioned earlier, in the series if a human dies so does their daemon.

I was thinking also of what LIS said that his alethiometer told him about "Daemons are very protective of their humans." Maybe if you're a character with a daemon you have protection unless your daemon dies? I could definitely be offbase though.

I doubt anyone wants to reveal, but if anyone's role was a daemon they could possibly confirm my theory here.
 
lynch stb
And here I was about to clear your name. May I ask why?

LIS was telling the truth about the alethiometer. I had it last night but didn't want to say anything until the night was closed. I chose #7 and got a warning message:

"Be careful what you reveal, and what you believe. They are watching. And they are very good at blending in."
 
Do the Gallivespian's have daemons? Quick wiki search says they have dragonflies, but doesn't mention Daemons that I saw.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, everybody has a "daemon" - it's sort of the series equivalent of a soul. However, it is only in one of the many worlds, these daemons have a physical representation that is in the form of an animal. The daemons can change shapes until the person they're associated with hits puberty, where they pick a final animal form. This is usually somewhat representative of the personality of the person - for example, servants generally have dog daemons, one of the very cunning characters has a monkey, etc.

In most instances, the physical daemons cannot physically go very far from their person, and it is a very close bond. One of the major plot details of the first book is an experimental station where they have discovered how to separate the association between daemon/children, and this is considered extremely cruel (the people are sometimes driven mad, and at best dull and mindless following the procedure). The separation also creates a large amount of energy, and this is used in a variety of different ways throughout the series.
 
So, everybody has a "daemon" - it's sort of the series equivalent of a soul. However, it is only in one of the many worlds, these daemons have a physical representation that is in the form of an animal. The daemons can change shapes until the person they're associated with hits puberty, where they pick a final animal form. This is usually somewhat representative of the personality of the person - for example, servants generally have dog daemons, one of the very cunning characters has a monkey, etc.

In most instances, the physical daemons cannot physically go very far from their person, and it is a very close bond. One of the major plot details of the first book is an experimental station where they have discovered how to separate the association between daemon/children, and this is considered extremely cruel (the people are sometimes driven mad, and at best dull and mindless following the procedure). The separation also creates a large amount of energy, and this is used in a variety of different ways throughout the series.
So can they only be separated, not killed?
 
Well I'm pretty sure my daemon was involved in whatever happened to me last night. Because I googled my role and it makes sense...just don't know if it's someone's role or if it's just part of my character. Not mentioned in my character description if it is.
 
I actually can't think of a time in the series when a daemon was killed first, not the human; daemons disappear into the air when their people die. It's actually extremely taboo in this world for another person to touch someone else's daemon, although daemon-daemon fighting, cuddling, etc is common.
 
And here I was about to clear your name. May I ask why?

LIS was telling the truth about the alethiometer. I had it last night but didn't want to say anything until the night was closed. I chose #7 and got a warning message:

"Be careful what you reveal, and what you believe. They are watching. And they are very good at blending in."
I wouldn't say that because you had the same item that LIS had that this is clearing his name. Wolves can have items as well.
 
I actually can't think of a time in the series when a daemon was killed first, not the human; daemons disappear into the air when their people die. It's actually extremely taboo in this world for another person to touch someone else's daemon, although daemon-daemon fighting, cuddling, etc is common.
I feel like this happened - I want to say the bears killing some of the wolf daemons outside Bolvangar? And then the person just slumped over dead? Fuzzy memory... probably not relevant
 
I feel like this happened - I want to say the bears killing some of the wolf daemons outside Bolvangar? And then the person just slumped over dead? Fuzzy memory... probably not relevant

I also had some vague memory of a wolf. daemon dying, but couldn't find evidence from some quick googling - the fact that you do too makes me think I'm not crazy! Or maybe it is from the movie?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"A wolf daemon leaped at him: he slashed at her in midair, and bright fire spilled out of her as she fell to the snow, where she hissed and howled before vanishing. Her human died at once."

Found it - yes, killing the daemon kills the human, too.
 
*****
I'm so sad!! 🙁 good luck villagers.
vma-crying-9.gif

*****
 
Same here. No info but I was wondering if it had anything to do with her character's partner dying (Hazel/Lady Salmakia).
Did it say they were partners, or is that from the book? I feel so blind right now.

So then the mechanism would work like this - if your partner is dead before you, your death brings then back?
 
Did it say they were partners, or is that from the book? I feel so blind right now.

So then the mechanism would work like this - if your partner is dead before you, your death brings then back?
A standard Rez seems more likely than a mechanism like that, to me. Interesting that both spies are the first two wolf kills though, seems like a stretch that that would be random chance.
 
A standard Rez seems more likely than a mechanism like that, to me. Interesting that both spies are the first two wolf kills though, seems like a stretch that that would be random chance.
If it was a standard rez ability, why use it this early though?
 
I was simply told I was resurrected, no explanation. Gallivespians have very short lifespans in the series (~8ish years) and there's no resurrection of them in the books, so that would have to be a game-only mechanic if it's the reason I'm back.

With that said, Hazel *was* my partner, as she is in the series. I don't know how they managed to hit both of us in a row. 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If it was a standard rez ability, why use it this early though?
I actually kind of like the idea of using your one-time ability right out of the gate, if there's a useful opportunity. Mitigates the risk that you get wolf-killed before you get a chance use it. I know a lot of people hang on to them for a while, but I can see arguments why someone might choose to go ahead and use it right away.