This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I actually kind of like the idea of using your one-time ability right out of the gate, if there's a useful opportunity. Mitigates the risk that you get wolf-killed before you get a chance use it. I know a lot of people hang on to them for a while, but I can see arguments why someone might choose to go ahead and use it right away.
I suppose. I am more of a fan of saving it until someone important dies, because if that happens (assuming it was a one time thing) now we are SOL
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have a reason for their vote they'd like to share? (other than aloha not trusting zombies)

Sure. I lynched TP because she is an experienced enough player to know that most of the time (>50%) someone who is resurrected comes back as their original alignment. Yes, there are exceptions and yes we should always consider that. But this is day 2 of the game and the focus should be on finding those who started the game off as a wolf. So to instantly begin suspicion onto the newly resurrected when we are only at Day 2 of lynching, is fishy in my opinion.

I could vote for aloha too for the same reason, but she is more of a noob. I expect TP to know the above already.



Also, please to tell me stories.
 
I was agreeing with TP that I don't fully trust the rezzed person but didn't want to lynch her right away because it's more likely (afaik) that she's still a villager. Just something to keep in mind. I think its a bit off that Aloha wanted to lynch her right away since in the last game when TP brought this up Aloha was more skeptical of it and trusted the rezzed person over TP. (Good too, since TP was a wolf).
 
Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but Aloha was also one of 7 people who joined an opposing bandwagon after PP received her 2nd lynch vote yesterday (switched from FS to Hmoo, bringing Hmoo up to 3). This could, of course, be coincidence, but it could be something to note.
 
Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but Aloha was also one of 7 people who joined an opposing bandwagon after PP received her 2nd lynch vote yesterday (switched from FS to Hmoo, bringing Hmoo up to 3). This could, of course, be coincidence, but it could be something to note.
This is why I just decided to go with Aloha for now. Her only reason was that Hazel was quick to waffle to PP.
 
^ that's a good catch, I totally forgot about that. Interesting...

I brought it up because there are a lot of names I don't recognize here and I wanted to make sure everyone knows that's at least a possibility. I obviously don't think it's something worth lynching over because I didn't vote for her.
 
It's so early in the game I am totally winging it. I don't really understand how to be strategic early. I feel like I'm grasping at straws deciding who to lynch.

Hazel gave me feels, so I lynched her. There were 22 (I think, too lazy to go look at exact numbers) other people who didn't vote for PP. The first noob game where PP was a wolf, she was super talkative and defensive anytime someone got suspicious of her. Since she wasn't defending I assumed she was probably vanilla. Obviously I was wrong. I am fine lynching Trilt because noob game she was too good at tricking everyone so I am predisposed to not trust her. She's good at tricking everyone.
 
Because I assumed that I would get questioned for holding a grudge towards someone from a past game. You have to lynch someone, I figured might as well lynch someone who has a SLIGHT possibility of being sketchy based off 1. Being good at lying 2. Being resurrected, rather than doing a complete shot in the dark when I have NO feels whatsoever toward anyone else. I am totally open to waffling, but it seems to me nobody has a better idea, and throwing a random name out doesn't seem very productive. I'm still learning, I didn't know that 50% of the time people come back as the same role and voting for them the first day they are back is bad... Another unwritten rule of WW to add to the list.
 
Wtf I swear I voted for Diva, but I just went back to look for my vote and can't find it.

My cell service is crap sometimes and I'm on the mobile app, so maybe it didnt go through? I didn't intentionally not vote
 
### lynch kcough ###

Because all I've got is slight feels at this point.
This is cuz I voted for you yesterday isn't it 😛 (I picked you yesterday because you had no votes and hadn't voted yet)

Otherwise I like the reasoning happening above pointing towards aloha... it might be totally off base and my logic-record for picking out wolves is not super great.

Lynch Alohacat

Sorry if you just look a little wolfy cuz noob. I feel like I'm looking wolfy too but there's just so much less discussing happening here than in the noob game! I feel like I need more info... and can't trust anyone...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's so early in the game I am totally winging it. I don't really understand how to be strategic early. I feel like I'm grasping at straws deciding who to lynch.

Hazel gave me feels, so I lynched her. There were 22 (I think, too lazy to go look at exact numbers) other people who didn't vote for PP. The first noob game where PP was a wolf, she was super talkative and defensive anytime someone got suspicious of her. Since she wasn't defending I assumed she was probably vanilla. Obviously I was wrong. I am fine lynching Trilt because noob game she was too good at tricking everyone so I am predisposed to not trust her. She's good at tricking everyone.

See, and this makes me mildly suspicious of you, too. My first thought when I died was that at least one of the current wolves is a villager who was around the last game when I was a smidge of a dick.
 
Haha kcough catching on to how petty I actually am. Probably a good thing lol

But yeah, I like voting with more than just feels and aloha seems like a more logical bet

### unlynch kcough###
### lynch aloha###
 
Everyone is always suspicious of me. [emoji23] Noob game everyone was after me day one and I was a villager, Last game people tried to lynch me like six different times because I was "suspicious". I was 100% vanilla both of those games and I'm vanilla now too. I just suck at not being suspicious.
 
A story for @DVMDream. I hope you like it 🙂

Once upon a time there was a group of WW players. Many of them decided that hopping into the thread, dropping a vote, and offering no insight or explanation was enough to pass for participation. They were wrong. A wildfire started by a particularly fearsome lightning bolt burned them to a crisp. Only those who had posted more than one sentence survived. The end.
 
Everyone is always suspicious of me. [emoji23] Noob game everyone was after me day one and I was a villager, Last game people tried to lynch me like six different times because I was "suspicious". I was 100% vanilla both of those games and I'm vanilla now too. I just suck at not being suspicious.
If you're a villager, stop being suspicious. 😉 You're messing up my spreadsheet!
 
Sure. I lynched TP because she is an experienced enough player to know that most of the time (>50%) someone who is resurrected comes back as their original alignment. Yes, there are exceptions and yes we should always consider that. But this is day 2 of the game and the focus should be on finding those who started the game off as a wolf. So to instantly begin suspicion onto the newly resurrected when we are only at Day 2 of lynching, is fishy in my opinion.

I could vote for aloha too for the same reason, but she is more of a noob. I expect TP to know the above already.

This is the only reasoning for a lynch vote that makes sense to me right now.

I get aloha not trusting tilt (def was a smidge of a dick last game 😛), and waffling when the original vote was totally random isn't that suspicious to me? Especially day one, when we were all voting randomly.

So for now lynch tp

cause I have nothing else to go on
 
I also lynched TP because I felt that questioning the person who got resurrected felt to me like he was trying to raise suspicion on someone else because he's a wolf. But what do I know, it's just all I had to go off.
 
A story for @DVMDream. I hope you like it 🙂

Once upon a time there was a group of WW players. Many of them decided that hopping into the thread, dropping a vote, and offering no insight or explanation was enough to pass for participation. They were wrong. A wildfire started by a particularly fearsome lightning bolt burned them to a crisp. Only those who had posted more than one sentence survived. The end.
Once upon a time there were some mods that continued to make it so players couldn't vote. Those players felt less involved in the game and less likely to post. The end.
 
Once upon a time there were some mods that continued to make it so players couldn't vote. Those players felt less involved in the game and less likely to post. The end.
Once upon a time a mod posted a story that was specifically referring to players who posted votes 😛
 
I'm not sure what the vote count is currently, but I believe aloha is in the lead. In speaking with someone else last night, I'm inclined to believe that aloha was not responsible for the killing last night. Please note I'm not saying she's not a wolf, because I don't know, but I don't believe she was capable of killing last night.
 
lynch finnick

I'd guess that at least one wolf voted for pinkpuppy. Here's finnick's vote from yesterday.

unlynch hayley

lynch pinkpup


No rhyme or reason. There are just two votes on my now and I don't know that I'll be back before deadline so I want to boost the majority vote.

As a villager, I'm against joining bandwagons unless someone brings up evidence that the targeted person is a wolf. Some mods close votes early if one person gets too many votes. I'd rather give the accused a chance to defend themselves.

Finnick's vote was vote 5 of 6 for pinkpuppy. Vote 6 was FFM, but I feel like a wolf bandwagoning on a foregone partner would try to disguise it at least a little bit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A story for @DVMDream. I hope you like it 🙂

Once upon a time there was a group of WW players. Many of them decided that hopping into the thread, dropping a vote, and offering no insight or explanation was enough to pass for participation. They were wrong. A wildfire started by a particularly fearsome lightning bolt burned them to a crisp. Only those who had posted more than one sentence survived. The end.
You intimidated me into a longer explanation :laugh:
 
Hm. I was going to vote for STL (nothing really concrete at this point, just feels) but with only me, that vote wouldn't go anywhere...

Eh, since I'm not sure which bandwagon to join, if anyone has info/feels on STL lemme know, I'll go ahead and leave it at that for now (with a typical willing-to-waffle clause)

lynch STL
 
A story:

There once was a girl who should have written a review paper months ago, but did not. And now the deadline is looming and it must be done over a time when she should be eating good things and getting into the family spirit. A fork in the road is seen however. There are 4 total grades that are available for the final calculations, but only three will count. Should she blow off that paper in the hope that one last exam grade will cover her nicely? Or, should she be the dutiful student and write a paper for the ages and not worry about that one last exam? Oh how she hopes that the right choice is made! I imagine knowing this girl, the decision has already been made.


Lynch Rogert

cuz why not? I do that in many a game.
 
Lynch FS

Because last time I blindly decided to go and kill FS I was pretty glad I did that. And *obviously* that's a sound strategy to repeat over and over.

Also I havent analyzed the last round yet, but I'm sure e eryone else will have a better idea this round.
 
UNOfficial Day 2 Lynch Tally

Stb (1) - LIS
Jilary (1) - STL
TP (3) - DVMD, hayley, Caiter
FFM (1) - Rogert
Trilt (1) - aloha
DVMD (1) - sobsob
Aloha (5) - rojo, stb, kcough, TP, FS
PBC (1) - Jilary
Finnick (1) - Zensing
Rogert (1) - Lupin
STL (1) - Diva
FS (1) - DocE

18/28 votes
Lynch deadline 9pm EST

Missing: Kam, Finnick, PBC, LotF, Allieh, EVL, FFM, Hmoo, Trilt, dy

Cuz I'm trying to keep my stuff straight 😛
 
UNOfficial Day 2 Lynch Tally

Stb (1) - LIS
Jilary (1) - STL
TP (3) - DVMD, hayley, Caiter
FFM (1) - Rogert
Trilt (1) - aloha
DVMD (1) - sobsob
Aloha (5) - rojo, stb, kcough, TP, FS
PBC (1) - Jilary
Finnick (1) - Zensing
Rogert (1) - Lupin
STL (1) - Diva
FS (1) - DocE

18/28 votes
Lynch deadline 9pm EST

Missing: Kam, Finnick, PBC, LotF, Allieh, EVL, FFM, Hmoo, Trilt, dy

Cuz I'm trying to keep my stuff straight 😛
Hmoo isn't among us anymore and day cannot vote I believe.🙂
 
UNOfficial Day 2 Lynch Tally

Stb (1) - LIS
Jilary (1) - STL
TP (3) - DVMD, hayley, Caiter
FFM (1) - Rogert
Trilt (1) - aloha
DVMD (1) - sobsob
Aloha (5) - rojo, stb, kcough, TP, FS
PBC (1) - Jilary
Finnick (1) - Zensing
Rogert (1) - Lupin
STL (1) - Diva
FS (1) - DocE

18/28 votes
Lynch deadline 9pm EST

Missing: Kam, Finnick, PBC, LotF, Allieh, EVL, FFM, Hmoo, Trilt, dy

Cuz I'm trying to keep my stuff straight 😛
Some of those people are injured so they cannot vote. Also Hmoo is dead 🙁.
 
Also the happy face wasn't happy they cannot vote, but attempting to show that I am nicely correcting and not trying to come off as a brat haha
 
Some of those people are injured so they cannot vote. Also Hmoo is dead 🙁.
I knew something was off...

FIXED UNOfficial Day 2 Lynch Tally


Stb (1) - LIS
Jilary (1) - STL
TP (3) - DVMD, hayley, Caiter
FFM (1) - Rogert
Trilt (1) - aloha
DVMD (1) - sobsob
Aloha (5) - rojo, stb, kcough, TP, FS
PBC (1) - Jilary
Finnick (1) - Zensing
Rogert (1) - Lupin
STL (1) - Diva
FS (1) - DocE

18/28 votes
Lynch deadline 9pm EST

Missing: Kam (can't vote), Finnick, PBC, LotF, Allieh, EVL, FFM, Trilt, dy (can't vote), MJ

Cuz I'm trying to keep my stuff straight 😛
 
lynch finnick

I'd guess that at least one wolf voted for pinkpuppy. Here's finnick's vote from yesterday.



As a villager, I'm against joining bandwagons unless someone brings up evidence that the targeted person is a wolf. Some mods close votes early if one person gets too many votes. I'd rather give the accused a chance to defend themselves.

Finnick's vote was vote 5 of 6 for pinkpuppy. Vote 6 was FFM, but I feel like a wolf bandwagoning on a foregone partner would try to disguise it at least a little bit.


I bandwagoned to save myself because more people were starting to cast votes on me. I've also been known to bandwagon in the past so its not unusual for me--though you make a good point for why I shouldn't.


On another note I've had class so will catch up on the latest theories before I cast a vote.
 
Aloha, if the gap doesn't close soon, and you are a vanilla villager, you might want to go ahead and role reveal to save yourself.

One of the benefits (to the villagers) of a game like this is that there's a limited cast of characters to pick from. Makes it harder for the wolves to make up believable covers without chancing overlap with a real villager.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My internet is crap right now so I'm still trying to load previous pages to figure out who to vote for.

But in the meantime, I want to let everyone know that if they want to move groups, let me know. I originally only told my group because I don't want to make myself a target, but I figured getting as many lines of communication open as possible is the way to go while I'm still alive. I already have someone for tonight, but just FYI for the future.
 
Official Day 2 Lynch Tally

Stb (1) - LIS
Jilary (1) - STL
TP (3) - DVMD, hayley, Caiter
FFM (1) - Rogert
Trilt (1) - aloha
DVMD (1) - sobsob
Aloha (5) - rojo, stb, kcough, TP, FS
PBC (1) - Jilary
Finnick (1) - Zen
Rogert (1) - Lupin
STL (1) - Deva
FS (1) - DocE

18/26 votes to be more precise
Lynch deadline 9pm EST
 
Last edited:
UNOfficial Day 2 Lynch Tally

Stb (1) - LIS
Jilary (1) - STL
TP (3) - DVMD, hayley, Caiter
FFM (1) - Rogert
Trilt (1) - aloha
DVMD (1) - sobsob
Aloha (5) - rojo, stb, kcough, TP, FS
PBC (1) - Jilary
Finnick (1) - Zensing
Rogert (1) - Lupin
STL (1) - Diva
FS (1) - DocE

18/28 votes
Lynch deadline 9pm EST

Missing: Kam, Finnick, PBC, LotF, Allieh, EVL, FFM, Hmoo, Trilt, dy

Cuz I'm trying to keep my stuff straight 😛

*****
I is dead 🙁
tumblr_inline_myqjncpxvS1rom0ci.gif

*****
 
Lynch Finnick

Because Zensing's reasoning makes sense, and I'm not sure TP seems all that wolfy. TP was questioning why someone would use a rez power so early in the game, so her comment about zombies seemed like a normal thought process thing to me.