This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SOMEONEMAKEMEFEELBETTER

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was looking through my works and activities section and I realized I said I worked with "mammalian and mouse cell lines"

It makes me seem like I am not aware that a mouse is a MAMMAL!!! I seriously revised my application so many times and I don't know how I didn't catch this!!! Aaaah feeling so horrible right now....like I just want to crawl into a hole and stay there!

Does this totally ruin my chances? Does it make me seem like I know nothing.

Honestly? Anyone? Please.....:'(
Can I fix this....??
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard people say they do research with insects and animals or they are looking at differences between animals and people etc. I think this is a common way to talk about things and not a big deal, however technically incorrect.
 
I was looking through my works and activities section and I realized I said I worked with "mammalian and mouse cell lines"

It makes me seem like I am not aware that a mouse is a MAMMAL!!! I seriously revised my application so many times and I don't know how I didn't catch this!!! Aaaah feeling so horrible right now....like I just want to crawl into a hole and stay there!

Does this totally ruin my chances? Does it make me seem like I know nothing.

Honestly? Anyone? Please.....:'(
Can I fix this....??
On a list of potential mistakes, yours is pretty minor. Don't stress about it.