Horrible-Major-Sad mistake on AMCAS! Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SOMEONEMAKEMEFEELBETTER

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking through my works and activities section and I realized I said I worked with "mammalian and mouse cell lines"

It makes me seem like I am not aware that a mouse is a MAMMAL!!! I seriously revised my application so many times and I don't know how I didn't catch this!!! Aaaah feeling so horrible right now....like I just want to crawl into a hole and stay there!

Does this totally ruin my chances? Does it make me seem like I know nothing.

Honestly? Anyone? Please.....:'(
Can I fix this....??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That's pretty funny, and wouldn't worry about it. I think worst case someone is going to chuckle at your typo/oversight. Would not expect any interview invites to be denied over a silly small error like this!

Hope that makes you feel better.

Reactions: 4 users
Better than “studying mitochondria, the power house of a cell, ...”

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard people say they do research with insects and animals or they are looking at differences between animals and people etc. I think this is a common way to talk about things and not a big deal, however technically incorrect.

I was looking through my works and activities section and I realized I said I worked with "mammalian and mouse cell lines"

It makes me seem like I am not aware that a mouse is a MAMMAL!!! I seriously revised my application so many times and I don't know how I didn't catch this!!! Aaaah feeling so horrible right now....like I just want to crawl into a hole and stay there!

Does this totally ruin my chances? Does it make me seem like I know nothing.

Honestly? Anyone? Please.....:'(
Can I fix this....??
On a list of potential mistakes, yours is pretty minor. Don't stress about it.

Reactions: 1 users