Aug 20, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I was looking through my works and activities section and I realized I said I worked with "mammalian and mouse cell lines"

It makes me seem like I am not aware that a mouse is a MAMMAL!!! I seriously revised my application so many times and I don't know how I didn't catch this!!! Aaaah feeling so horrible right now....like I just want to crawl into a hole and stay there!

Does this totally ruin my chances? Does it make me seem like I know nothing.

Honestly? Anyone? Please.....:'(
Can I fix this....??

Last edited:

efle

not an elf
5+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2014
Status
Medical Student
That's pretty funny, and wouldn't worry about it. I think worst case someone is going to chuckle at your typo/oversight. Would not expect any interview invites to be denied over a silly small error like this!

Hope that makes you feel better.

About the Ads

Inspired Chaos

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I've heard people say they do research with insects and animals or they are looking at differences between animals and people etc. I think this is a common way to talk about things and not a big deal, however technically incorrect.

gonnif

Only 342 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
I am adding this my list of criteria for proposed inclusion of a new disorder in DSM-VI:
PREMED : Psychotic Reactionary Event Manifestation Exclusionary Disorder

A disorder that is a psychotic reaction to the events around applying to medical schools that manifests itself in the exclusion of rational thought. Seemingly highly intelligent, high achieving students are most susceptible to this disorder. Loss of major rational thought and reactions to unsubstantiated beliefs, rumors, innuendos, and other irrational and illogical cognitive processes. A form of collective behavior.

I was looking through my works and activities section and I realized I said I worked with "mammalian and mouse cell lines"
Why would this thought cross your mind to write in the first place? That is just dumb

It makes me seem like I am not aware that a mouse is a MAMMAL!!! I seriously revised my application so many times and I don't know how I didn't catch this!!! Aaaah feeling so horrible right now....like I just want to crawl into a hole and stay there!
Who else proof read your application? If you answer "no one" that goes under my top 10 mistakes of a premed

This doesnt totally ruin your chances. I am sure you know something? maybe?

Honestly, you are over reacting

Can I fix this....??
Nope you cant fix it. Nor do you need to. No one will care as it is just a simple minor error

so CTFO

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal

Can I fix this....??
On a list of potential mistakes, yours is pretty minor. Don't stress about it.

About the Ads