How's everyone's PharmCAS going along? 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do y'all think that pharmcas will mail out applications this Tuesday since Monday is a holiday? I sure hope so! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Do y'all think that pharmcas will mail out applications this Tuesday since Monday is a holiday? I sure hope so! :)

I hope so, because I don't want it delayed for another week. I realized that if you e-submit the app by Wednesday, then they'll mail out the apps on the upcoming Monday. If you e-submit on Thursday or afterwards, then they'll wait until the following Monday. I've been testing that out when I e-submitted my app to many schools since July. I've been adding 1-2 schools each week.

Hi. I'm a little confuse now with the e-submit of Pharmcas. If I decided to submit to one school this week and then to another school the following week, can I go back and make changes on PharmCas between schools? For example, changing some parts of the personal statement. There are some schools that are rolling admissions, so I think my personal statement is good enough to submit. But, I'm still having others edit it for other schools that aren't rolling admission. I hope this makes sense.

Cinnamonroll, you submit about 1-2 schools per week, can you make changes in between those times in pharmcas?

Members don't see this ad :)
If I decided to submit to one school this week and then to another school the following week, can I go back and make changes on PharmCas between schools?
Sorry, no. Once you e-submit, practically everything is finalized. The only thing you can change afterwards is adding more LORs or designating more schools.

Yea, you can't edit or make any changes to the personal statement/coursework/extracurricular/awards. However you can update your current address, email address, phone number, and add more LORs and designated schools.

I just got my calculated GPA back and I am real disappointed. My school has my GPA at 3.22 yet I got a 2.99 with PharmCAS. What the hell is going on?

I just got my calculated GPA back and I am real disappointed. My school has my GPA at 3.22 yet I got a 2.99 with PharmCAS. What the hell is going on?

Did you retake any classes? Some colleges will replace your newer grade and calculate your GPA differently, whereas PharmCAS averages everything out.

I have a bachelor's degree already so do I put my current pre-pharmacy classes in the post bacchelorette category or undergraduate?

I hope so too!

My GPA dropped as well :( But if you feel that an error was made look over everything, they mention that you should do so and if you have any questions or concerns email them.

Ahh.. I have to cut out 57 characters from my PS to have it be finalized

I am very sorry to hear that. Pharmcas calculates GPA differently than schools, so the drastic change in GPA is probably the result of your school's more forgiving policy towards repeat classes. My friend had a completely opposite story - her GPA rose from barely above 3 to 3.3 because her school was so strict at calculating GPA and didn't count a bunch of classes she took.

I'm waiting for a student loan so I can pay for the supplemental apps! I think the original idea of PharmCAS was great, but seeing as you have to write essays and pay more money for every individual school what's the freakin point.

It almost bothers me as much as the textbook buy-back system!! Bloody crooks I tell ya!:laugh::laugh:

Good Luck with your applications everyone!!

Transcripts just mailed yesterday 9-02...

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys!

I finally did it! I e-submitted! It's pretty exciting but it took me forever to click the button because its scary to think I cant really change anything. But wow, I am so excited!! Just thought I'd share with you guys... my friends don't really get it haha.

I wish you all luck and hope you guys have a great rest of the week! :)

does anyone know when the next pharmCAS mailing is?

I thought it was every 2 weeks, but it doesn't seem like it.

thanks.

Would e-submitting next week be absolutely awful?! I'm feeling extremely behind each time i view this site!

thanks.

i think it's every monday. but just to give you and idea how long it takes, i e-submitted on aug 17 and pharmcas mailed out to my schools today.

thanks.

It's every Monday, but it depends on which day you e-submitted yours. If it's later throughout the week (i.e. Friday or Saturday), then they'll wait until the following Monday. If you submitted yours on a Tuesday or Wednesday, then they'll mail out the coming Monday. It's kind of weird, but I think that's how it works based on my experience.

Does anyone know how long it takes a fee waiver to post?

when should we e-submit. for example, pharmcas has not received my transcript or letter of recommendations, or pcat yet but everything else is done (EC, work, current classes, etc.) when should i submit it? thanks

hey guys!

I finally did it! I e-submitted! It's pretty exciting but it took me forever to click the button because its scary to think I cant really change anything. But wow, I am so excited!! Just thought I'd share with you guys... my friends don't really get it haha.

I wish you all luck and hope you guys have a great rest of the week! :)

^ That made me LOL. I felt exactly the same way when submitting it, and my boyfriend and friends don't get it either :p

Good luck to you too :luck:

when should we e-submit. for example, pharmcas has not received my transcript or letter of recommendations, or pcat yet but everything else is done (EC, work, current classes, etc.) when should i submit it? thanks

I honestly don't know about PCAT... but I e-submitted before my LORs were received. So as soon as they received the the last LOR, my application was complete. I'm guessing it's the same for transcripts... but I don't want to say anything about the PCAT because I honestly do not know for sure :confused:

I honestly don't know about PCAT... but I e-submitted before my LORs were received. So as soon as they received the the last LOR, my application was complete. I'm guessing it's the same for transcripts... but I don't want to say anything about the PCAT because I honestly do not know for sure :confused:

thanks, anyone else know??? thanks in advance

thanks, anyone else know??? thanks in advance

I think you should submit now. I took the PCAT in June and August, so only my June score is up, but I still submitted so the only thing for them to do will be receive my PCAT scores. The earlier the better, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for a student loan so I can pay for the supplemental apps! I think the original idea of PharmCAS was great, but seeing as you have to write essays and pay more money for every individual school what's the freakin point.

It almost bothers me as much as the textbook buy-back system!! Bloody crooks I tell ya!:laugh::laugh:

Good Luck with your applications everyone!!

I have to do the same. :( It sucks because I have been ready to submit for about a month now and just haven't had any money. :thumbdown:

I have to do the same. :( It sucks because I have been ready to submit for about a month now and just haven't had any money. :thumbdown:

that's a shame. why don't you put it on a creditcard and pay it off when your loan comes through? worst comes to worse, you'll have to pay some finance charges. saving on interest is not worth being put into more competitive applicant tiers.

Does pharmcas wait for all of your reference letters to come in before they mail off your application? Because I e-submitted last week and they haven't mailed it as yet I am hoping this is due to the holiday on Monday and not because they are waiting on this reference.
Also the reference I am waiting on is taking for ever to write this recommendation . I am thinking of just deleting him and adding another reference (can I even do that?)

Does pharmcas wait for all of your reference letters to come in before they mail off your application? Because I e-submitted last week and they haven't mailed it as yet I am hoping this is due to the holiday on Monday and not because they are waiting on this reference.
Also the reference I am waiting on is taking for ever to write this recommendation . I am thinking of just deleting him and adding another reference (can I even do that?)

PharmCAS does not wait for all references and you can delete him and add another if you so wish. You can't delete him once he completes the eLOR.

Can someone offer an honest opinion...I have taken the pcat 3 times and my highest comp is 64. I should probably have chosen the no score option for the first time as i didn't even prepare for it. Now i plan to fully prepare for the oct 18th pcat but i want to submit my pharmcas application today or tomorrow. Should i have my previous scores sent to pharmcas before taking the october one or should i just wait it out until after they receive the oct result? My fear is that they might make up their mind and reject me before they even receive the oct score. I also don't want to waste time applying this year, i want everything submitted as early as possible so that their can be seats available. What do you all think?

Does anyone have an answer to this?

Can someone offer an honest opinion...I have taken the pcat 3 times and my highest comp is 64. I should probably have chosen the no score option for the first time as i didn't even prepare for it. Now i plan to fully prepare for the oct 18th pcat but i want to submit my pharmcas application today or tomorrow. Should i have my previous scores sent to pharmcas before taking the october one or should i just wait it out until after they receive the oct result? My fear is that they might make up their mind and reject me before they even receive the oct score. I also don't want to waste time applying this year, i want everything submitted as early as possible so that their can be seats available. What do you all think?

If you put on your pharmcas that you plan to take the pcat in october schools will see that and wait until those grades come in to evaluate your application. This was at least true for some schools I applied to last year (LECOM, UB, St. John Fisher, and Temple). Last year I called the schools to make sure they would wait. It didn't work out that well though because I didn't get in anyways. :laugh:
But if I were you I would make sure to call my schools and ask what their policies would be and do spectacular on this upcoming october PCAT.:luck:

Ok, but i did call some schools and they said the decision is up to me. I am applying to (Temple, Lecom Erie-PA, MCPH worcester, Pittsburg, Buffalo and Thomas Jefferson) these schools and i don't want them to get a bad feeling about my PCAT performances so far. I'm very positive that i will nail this oct pcat since i graduated this may and have a lot of time on my hands. I hope to be CPhT certified by next week (sep 8) and i have lots of extracurriculars and two volunteer experience in both hospital pharmacy and community tutoring. I think i'm just going to submit my pharmcas application on sep 8th and also have my previous scores sent to them. I just pray they wait until the oct 18 results comes out before they make their decisions. By the way, my overall gpa is approximately 3.6 i think...what are my chances? please blog your ideas, opinions etc

Now I'm starting to excited. I have 1 transcript and 1 LOR in. Yay. I also finally have come up with a good starting line for my PS so, I'm thinking once I have that finished, reviewed, ect. I will go ahead and e-submit. I have mailed out all 3 transcript requests (but my main one is there, yay!), have to nudge someone on a LOR, and meet with a professor for the last LOR. I'm finally starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere.

So I'm taking from what I've been reading that the general consensus is to go ahead and e-submit as soon as I've done everything on my end. I guess they send out updates as they receive the stragglers? :confused:

Just want to get this part overwith before the mad rush that is starting to come upon us. lol

E-subsmitted today to UF, LECOM and NOVA here in Florida.

Im just lacking a Pharmacist LOR but Ill get to it eventually. Also will be updated once my new PCAT score comes in.

Submitted yesterday. As soon as my last LOR and PCAT score comes in, I'm all complete. But honestly, I'm not even thinking about it anymore. Just going to move on to the supplementals because the rest is out of my hands.

Submitted to ETSU, Cincinnati, Belmont, Iowa, Mercer, Midwestern CCP, and Creighton.

I'm kind of worried about submiting my PharmCAS app right now because one of my schools might be dropping some of my old grades from a while back (thus allowing me a higher culm GPA). They make their decision on Sept 26, but I don't want to wait that long to submit my Pharmcas app....

If I submit now, and then that school changes my transcript, can I send in the new transcript and have PharmCAS update my GPA? Or is eveything really set in stone?

Where would you all suggest putting any Shadowing experience on PharmCAS? I have heard from some people that it doesn't need to go on, but should just be talked about in interviews.

Thanks for any help!!

Where would you all suggest putting any Shadowing experience on PharmCAS? I have heard from some people that it doesn't need to go on, but should just be talked about in interviews.

If you follow the instructions, there really isn't a section for it. I talked about it in my PS.

So once PharmCAS sends out your application, should the status say New?

Submitted, waiting on one more LOR (out of 3) and my PCAT scores. I wonder how long it will take for GPA to be calculated, hopefully before the PCAT scores arrive. The last LOR should complete sometime this week.

UF, LECOM, Maryland, Mercer, Nova, VCU

So once PharmCAS sends out your application, should the status say New?

I e-submitted for my 2nd batch of schools on 9/10 and pharmCAS sent it out 9/14. I was extremely shocked how fast they sent it out! And as for your question, my first batch of schools that I e-submitted late-June that got sent out at the end of July, the status still says "new" to this day. So I don't think that's a big deal. As long as the schools get your stuff. I would say 2-3weeks, the schools should be contacting you to say that they got your pharmCAS

WOOOOOOHHH HOOOO.. finally submitted PharmCas! Now, slowly moving on to suppl.

Last edited:
I got done with my pharmcas tooo...............:)
gotta get to suplli soon!!!!!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Since PharmCAS is taking long with calculating my GPA and mailing my app out, can I just submit my supplementals now even though the pharmacy schools have yet to receive my application? It won't cause confusion, will it?

Woooo gpa calculated today...submitted 9/9.

Since PharmCAS is taking long with calculating my GPA and mailing my app out, can I just submit my supplementals now even though the pharmacy schools have yet to receive my application? It won't cause confusion, will it?

Yep, thats fine. 2 of my schools had already cashed my checks and mine haven't mailed out yet.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Yes go ahead and send it in.

Is the "Official Tests" section one of the sections that I can change after I e-submit?

The reason I ask is because I haven't decided if I'm going to retake the October test (already paid). But I feel as though I REALLY need to e-submit ASAP and hopefully if I send it before midnight tonight they'll send it this Monday.

So I was going to put it as not taking the October test and change it later if I need to. That way, schools won't feel as if they have to wait for those October results.

Thanks!

FINALLY e-submitted to 9 schools. I hope it wasn't a mistake to try and hurry and make it before 12 midnight for a better chance at getting it out this Monday rather than the following one.

I don't even want to look at my application/PS right now, cause my heart would skip a beat if there are mistakes.

I need to cut down my "Maybe List" of schools and then those will be off also!

What a whirlwind!

Once you e-submit, your GPA will need to be calculated before they send out your applications.

My friend submitted in July and got her GPA calculated the next day. I submitted 8/11 and it took 7 days. The time it takes will depend on how many applications are submitted, the busier they are, the longer it will take.

PharmCAS sends out applications once or twice a week depending on how many applications are received. It varies what day they send it out so they can't really tell you when.

Good luck!

I just e-submitted PharmCAS 2 days ago. I'm guessing my GPA will be calculated in 2 weeks.

October marks the beginning of the busy season for PharmCAS.