Illinois c/o 2025 Hopefuls

Started by battie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current students: I had another question for y'all after the info session today!

They mentioned that a new computer that fit certain requirements was essential for the program. Do you use your computer to take notes on or do you use an Ipad to take notes on? Dr.Foreman said that Illinois advised against using Ipads for note-taking, but I've heard that most students from other schools recommend using an Ipad to use apps such as "noteability" or "one note."

I have a Lenovo yoga that I love. It flips between being a laptop and tablet, super light weight. Also use OneNote on it.
 
Hey current students who's kind enough to provide some insight: do UofI provide any recruitment scholarship?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many applicants are usually pulled off the waitlist for the University of Illinois? I recently interviewed there but I am not confident that I will get an offer right off the bat. I was also waitlisted at Iowa State for the second year in a row so I am kind of upset about that.
 
Does anyone know how many applicants are usually pulled off the waitlist for the University of Illinois? I recently interviewed there but I am not confident that I will get an offer right off the bat. I was also waitlisted at Iowa State for the second year in a row so I am kind of upset about that.

I was pulled off the waitlist for the class of 2023 (ultimately ended up deferring to 2024). I had actually done a file review a few weeks after I found out I was waitlisted and was told I had just barely missed the mark. They called me a few days after that with the acceptance offer.
 
Hard to say, tbh. There's a lot of factors influencing things this year. Don't know if there were any technological issues or anything. So I would just hold tight until March 1.
And they still haven’t given third years our clinics schedules 🙃🙃
which I feel like may be slightly more important than admissions decisions since we start clinics in 5 weeks 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬
 
And they still haven’t given third years our clinics schedules 🙃🙃
which I feel like may be slightly more important than admissions decisions since we start clinics in 5 weeks 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬
Oh man!!! So I've been panicking all day for nothing 🤣
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh man!!! So I've been panicking all day for nothing 🤣
Oh don't worry. When I was accepted, I saw people here getting their acceptances left and right, but I didn't have a letter either way. Mail came and went with nothing for me. Didn't realize until later that evening when my younger sister called me to tell me that there was a letter from Illinois for me that they sent my letter to my permanent address and not my mailing address. lol. Was on the verge of tears all day simply cause of an address switch.
 
Oh don't worry. When I was accepted, I saw people here getting their acceptances left and right, but I didn't have a letter either way. Mail came and went with nothing for me. Didn't realize until later that evening when my younger sister called me to tell me that there was a letter from Illinois for me that they sent my letter to my permanent address and not my mailing address. lol. Was on the verge of tears all day simply cause of an address switch.
Oh my goodness, that sounds tortuous. I'm happy that you ended up getting an acceptance!!!!
 
Curious question: They said that they send out both snail mail letters and emails. Is that only for acceptances or for everyone? And which one should we be expecting first?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I’m getting a little ahead of myself and looking at houses lol. For current students at the village, are the 2 bedrooms on the 2nd floor? I was looking at either a 2 or 3 bedroom, but I have a german shepherd coming with me, so I’d ideally rather be on a first floor if possible.
 
Not that I’m aware of. We do have an integrative medicine club, so they might do some sort of certification or a wetlab? Or could potentially be open to hosting that sort of thing if you join the club and ask
Gotcha, That makes sense! Thanks!
 
I meant to ask this during my interview but do you know if there is an acupuncture elective/certification? @SkiOtter @battie

Most people I know that have this certification got it post DVM from the Chi Institute. Although I know there are other ways to get it as well but that may be an option worth looking into!
 
Hey current students who's kind enough to provide some insight: do UofI provide any recruitment scholarship?
They do, but you would hear about it as part of acceptances. The people I know who got them were *exceptional* in their undergrad or they got a scholarship with very specific guidelines on who gets it.
I received recruitment scholarship/s but did not receive them and was not informed of them until the regular scholarship awards ceremony in March.

So I’m getting a little ahead of myself and looking at houses lol. For current students at the village, are the 2 bedrooms on the 2nd floor? I was looking at either a 2 or 3 bedroom, but I have a german shepherd coming with me, so I’d ideally rather be on a first floor if possible.
The two bedrooms are two-story apartments, with the bedrooms on the second floor.
The three bedrooms are one story and are available on ground floor as well as second and third floors of the complex.
 
Last edited:
One of our equine clinicians is certified in acupuncture though. Even if you're not interested in horses, getting in touch with her would be a great way to see it/a good jumping board for more info
Thank you! That is great information.
Most people I know that have this certification got it post DVM from the Chi Institute. Although I know there are other ways to get it as well but that may be an option worth looking into!
Yes! I've worked with a bunch of docs who also did the Chi institute. I work with one doc who went to CSU and got her certification via an elective course. I think hers was cura core. I like her methods the best so I could always take the course after obtaining my DVM. Although it would be awesome if more schools offered it as electives!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF