Illinois CVM c/o 2023 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i would hope that they would be understanding if someone couldn't get there due to weather. there's only so much you can do...my first flight got cancelled, thankfully i could get on another one

Members don't see this ad.

Just got to my hotel...time to set 30 alarms for the morning to make sure I wake up on time:sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
Today is the daaaaaayyyyyy

I wish you all the very best of luck! I'll be back in BSB for a bit around lunchtime, so if you see someone in a bright pink polo and khakis that may or may not smell like cow, that's me. Say hi!

Reactions: 5 users
And now the final wait begins!

Reactions: 3 users
It was so great meeting everyone today!

It was so great meeting everyone today!
Hi! I definitely met you today - you helped me find my interview room! Thank you (and all of the other students who volunteered) for all of your help!! Y'all were very friendly and definitely the highlight of my day :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope everyone had a good day today! I was hoping to see more groups walk by but I was pretty busy doing the anesthesia for the spinal surgery you guys may have caught glimpses of.

Does anyone know how many applicants were interviewed yesterday. It seemed like there had to have been 400-500

Will they send them our March 1st or we should be receiving them by March 1st? In case they get lost in the mail lol
They said they will be sending them out on the 1st.

Reactions: 1 users
Will they send them our March 1st or we should be receiving them by March 1st? In case they get lost in the mail lol
They did say that they wanted to send out letters earlier than that, but due to weather issues they are working on rescheduling multiple people who couldn't make it. Depending on when they're rescheduled, it might delay them sending them out until the 1st, but we could be hopeful that they reschedule fast and send them out sooner!!

Anyone else already struggling to wait lol? Love this school!

Reactions: 2 users
Absolutely loved my time at Illinois! Anxiously awaiting the next few weeks!

My spring break is the week after March 1st so I won't even be home when it gets there. It's going to kill me knowing there's a letter in my box but I'm not there to open it haha

You could always have your family open it for you!
Do you know if it goes to our permanent address or our current address because mine are different places (if it's current address I'm out of luck).

Do you know if it goes to our permanent address or our current address because mine are different places (if it's current address I'm out of luck).

Mine was sent to my permanent address, not my mailing address, oddly enough. So I would email ASA to verify where they are going to send it.

Yeah, the past three cycles it’s been permanent address which is dumb. Why ask for current if that’s not even where it’ll get sent :laugh:
Mine were the same address so it didn’t make a difference for me. But yeah I’d definitely email and ask.

Are they still interviewing those who could not make it to interview day? Or are they not allowing for makeup interviews?

Are they still interviewing those who could not make it to interview day? Or are they not allowing for makeup interviews?
They did say that they wanted to send out letters earlier than that, but due to weather issues they are working on rescheduling multiple people who couldn't make it. Depending on when they're rescheduled, it might delay them sending them out until the 1st, but we could be hopeful that they reschedule fast and send them out sooner!!

For current students, how is public transportation in the area like? Working out some finance stuff and wondering if it would be feasible to have one car to share between my bf and I.

For current students, how is public transportation in the area like? Working out some finance stuff and wondering if it would be feasible to have one car to share between my bf and I.
I know a few people that take strictly the bus or bike to school every day. I've never taken the bus myself, but it's a pretty extensive system and probably doable.

I know a few people that take strictly the bus or bike to school every day. I've never taken the bus myself, but it's a pretty extensive system and probably doable.

Good to know! Thanks!

I know the bus system well cause I got lost on it my first week. I also took the bus to get to my therapist downtown during second quarter this year.

It's extensive for sure. You can get from the Walmart in savoy to the Walmart in champaign to the meijer in Urbana without trouble. The only issue I have is that the raven 21 is the only bus that gets to vet med only goes at the bottom and top of the hour. So you have to cater to that.

also lol i cry at the parking pass price for the year. $660 currently in case anyone is wondering and needs to budget for that. It CAN be charged to your student account to pay using loans vs cash up front.

also lol i cry at the parking pass price for the year. $660 currently in case anyone is wondering and needs to budget for that. It CAN be charged to your student account to pay using loans vs cash up front.

I think if I can get in I’d rather play with the busses

As a note, parking (not vet med) screwed up our passes this year for a large chunk of vet med and didn't submit our passes until October 8. So I still paid for the 660 basically upfront because I thought I had already paid for it, so hadn't budgeted it.

As a note, parking (not vet med) screwed up our passes this year for a large chunk of vet med and didn't submit our passes until October 8. So I still paid for the 660 basically upfront because I thought I had already paid for it, so hadn't budgeted it.
Ah yes I forgot about that. Plus an extra I think 250 at the end of September for the first years too because they didn’t put on the instructional imaging fee before then :lame:

Did anyone send thank you emails? Finding it hard to find my interviewer online

You can also send them to ASA, and they'll get them to your interviewer
Oh awesome, so do you just send them the thank you and ask them to send it to your interviewers? (I can't remember one of their names)

I was wondering if any current U of I students could share what schools they were accepted to and how they made their final decisions? I know a lot comes down to costs, but I would love to hear other factors as well if anyone minds sharing.

Reactions: 3 users
I was wondering if any current U of I students could share what schools they were accepted to and how they made their final decisions? I know a lot comes down to costs, but I would love to hear other factors as well if anyone minds sharing.
I made it off the waitlist at UF pretty much the day after the deposit deadline but elected not to go. After considering the $500 loss after sending a deposit to U of I, the minute difference in tuition, and the increased travel costs over 4 years if I went to UF, I decided to stick with U of I.

Random question...are there any current students on this thread who brought horses to school and can recommend some boarding options nearby? I really liked Illinois at my interview and would seriously consider it if accepted. My horse is a semi-retired pet who I ride 3 times per week at most, so I'd prefer a more laid back place rather than a show barn.

If you had previously spoken with them about not being able to attend for a hard core conflict they have one day they will do phone interviews (usually like the 22nd)
I was in Africa last year so they let me because I was out of the country; but' I know you had to have pretty extenuating circumstances in order to have a phone interview.

If you had previously spoken with them about not being able to attend for a hard core conflict they have one day they will do phone interviews (usually like the 22nd)
I was in Africa last year so they let me because I was out of the country; but' I know you had to have pretty extenuating circumstances in order to have a phone interview.

They're talking about the people who had canceled flights and such because of the weather.

What is the cost of living like in Urbana-Champaign? Also is it usually pretty easy to find housing?