Illinois CVM c/o 2023 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still have not received interview time word.

Members don't see this ad.

I still have not received interview time word.
It is a weekend! I don’t think there’s many schools that send out notifications on Saturday/Sunday because it’s outside the typical work week. I’m still waiting for a time too but I’m just going to call tomorrow because I know someone will be available then

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, ain't no adults here on the weekend. Lol

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m here pretending to adult. :pompous: Are you at work or did you go to rotation?

OTS practice practical for the first years. :) I had every intention of going to work, but I forgot my ID. So no VDL for me lol. I'm now in the library figuring out meal prep for the week.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I'll be driving from Chicago to Urbana on Sunday, February 17th, in the afternoon. If anyone needs a ride to campus, I'd be happy to drive them. Feel free to message me to discuss further. Good luck to all interviewing :).

Last edited:
If you haven’t received a time, you can call the school and they’ll let you know! It sounds like there’s been some issues with the system lol

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! I'll be driving from Chicago to Urbana on Sunday, February 4th, in the afternoon. If anyone needs a ride to campus, I'd be happy to drive them. Feel free to message me to discuss further. Good luck to all interviewing :).
Super nice of you, but Feb 4th is today....?

I live in the Chicago Suburbs. I’ll be driving with another applicant early Monday morning to Urbana. If anyone needs a ride or even a couch to sleep on just let me know! (One bedroom otherwise I’d offer more than a couch lol). Good luck everyone!

So for the day of the interview and the days around it the weather forecast says "snow showers" I am from Florida. What should I expect?

So for the day of the interview and the days around it the weather forecast says "snow showers" I am from Florida. What should I expect?

I hate to be useless, but anything. It snowed the day of my interview. The year after that was gorgeous. Last year it rained.

Bring an umbrella, wear shoes you don't care about and change in the building, heavier coat/hoodie/combo of the two, maybe a brush/hair spray if weather is super bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate to be useless, but anything. It snowed the day of my interview. The year after that was gorgeous. Last year it rained.

Bring an umbrella, wear shoes you don't care about and change in the building, heavier coat/hoodie/combo of the two, maybe a brush/hair spray if weather is super bad.

Oh boy! So get there early in case of the worst for damage control!

Oh boy! So get there early in case of the worst for damage control!
When I interviewed I wore just plainsclothes up until ~45min before the actual interview. I did all of the tours and everything first, and I didn’t want to get my nice formal attire crumpled or wet (the tours go briefly outside at times to get from building to building). Plus, my hoodie is way more comfy than a blazer.

There are multiple bathrooms at vet med with enough space to change, if you want to try my method And if you ask any student I’m 100% sure they’d be willing/able to point you towards the nearest one.

When I interviewed I wore just plainsclothes up until ~45min before the actual interview. I did all of the tours and everything first, and I didn’t want to get my nice formal attire crumpled or wet (the tours go briefly outside at times to get from building to building). Plus, my hoodie is way more comfy than a blazer.

There are multiple bathrooms at vet med with enough space to change, if you want to try my method And if you ask any student I’m 100% sure they’d be willing/able to point you towards the nearest one.

Where did you store your interview attire? Did you bring a backpack or small bag and is there a place where you can keep the bag?

Where did you store your interview attire? Did you bring a backpack or small bag and is there a place where you can keep the bag?
I drove, so I left my blazer and skirt hanging in my car with one of those dry-cleaner type of bags around them. Looking back, I guess it was a bit of a process but basically I left the hoodie in the car (bc it's so bulky), brought the interview clothes inside and I had like a medium-sized purse where I could shove my t-shirt and leggings...I think I intentionally wore thin clothing so it wouldn't make my bag look big?
Having been at this school for months now, I'll tell you there are various unclaimed lockers in a few of the bathrooms and/or in the halls where you could probably leave items. However, there will be a LOT of people in and out of vet med that day and the school isn't responsible for things that get placed in open lockers so that's your call. If you went the bag/backpack route you'd be safer, but would have to figure out how to bring the bag into the interview or get it to your car or leave it with a friend, etc.

Wear waterproof mascara, if you are a person that wears makeup.

I honestly just wore my interview outfit to the school. I didn't bring shoes to change into (regret that part - the tour was not as comfy as it could have been for me).

Does anyone have experience with getting from Chicago to UC by bus/rideshare/etc?
I will likely buy plane tickets that are arriving and departing from Chicago because the ones to Champaign are c r a z y expensive.
My interview is 9:15 am Monday, so planning to get into UC on Sunday.

Does anyone have experience with getting from Chicago to UC by bus/rideshare/etc?
I will likely buy plane tickets that are arriving and departing from Chicago because the ones to Champaign are c r a z y expensive.
My interview is 9:15 am Monday, so planning to get into UC on Sunday.
I think @batsenecal said she usually takes the Peoria Charter buses?

But yeah, flights direct to champaign are v expensive because it’s a teeeeeny airport and only flys American to like 3 airports.

I use Peoria charter from midway because it's $30, give or take. Saves so much money.

Otherwise, depending on the time I can help drive some people! I'm driving from SE Wisconsin sometime on Sunday, so I'll be going through Chicago.

Otherwise, depending on the time I can help drive some people! I'm driving from SE Wisconsin sometime on Sunday, so I'll be going through Chicago.

I’d need a ride from Chi town for interview!

Ok yea O’Hare
Perfect. I'll be picking you and another person up from O'Hare; their flight gets in shortly after yours. Would you be able to message me your phone number? If you're not comfortable with that we can just message over here.

Perfect. I'll be picking you and another person up from O'Hare; their flight gets in shortly after yours. Would you be able to message me your phone number? If you're not comfortable with that we can just message over here.

Yea that’s totally fine! Send me a private message and I’ll post it there.

I got a call from an Urbana number this morning and I panicked thinking that it was U of I telling me they made a mistake and they didn't mean to extend me an interview offer, so I can't come anymore; turns out it was just my hotel confirming that I'm coming tomorrow evening :laugh:

In case I forget to do this closer to interviews... good luck, everyone!! Bats and ski are pretty good about frequenting this thread, but if anyone has any questions about the wildlife ambassador program in particular, or anything else that you just want a second/third opinion on, feel free to ping me or message me I don't always see things in this thread until late, especially while modding the current WW game. :)

So is it true that U of I lets people know via snail mail? Like decisions?

Idk man. That’s just how they do it. Everything is snail mail. I do like that you get a paper copy of an acceptance letter though vs just something emailed or online.
They also have a paper in them you have to send back to accept either your seat (with your deposit) or accept the spot on the waitlist.

Idk man. That’s just how they do it. Everything is snail mail. I do like that you get a paper copy of an acceptance letter though vs just something emailed or online.
They also have a paper in them you have to send back to accept either your seat (with your deposit) or accept the spot on the waitlist.

Do you know if they send it to the permanent address or mailing address on our application cause they are different.

Do you know if they send it to the permanent address or mailing address on our application cause they are different.
In the past it’s been permanent which is dumb. You could try emailing and asking if they can send it to your current address or change permanent to current address. The form you get with it allows you to put down an address that you’ll be available at during the summer if you did change your permanent address.

Does everyone who gets an interview either get accepted or waitlisted?

Also to add to that how much movement is there from waitlist?
Impossible to say (for any school). It all depends on the pool and if people get other offers, have second thoughts, etc.