-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
IMG Internal Medicine Applicants - Match 2019
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 UPMC
Awesome! This is your 3rd iv invitation right? Congratulations!
Awesome! This is your 3rd iv invitation right? Congratulations!
Thank you! I am thrilled about this one! This is my 5th IV so far. I believe GC is helping to secure early IV spots, but I'm sure most IVs for all of us will come after mid-October.
IMG1990IM-CARDIO
Full Member
Bravo. That's awesomeThank you! I am thrilled about this one! This is my 5th IV so far. I believe GC is helping to secure early IV spots, but I'm sure most IVs for all of us will come after mid-October.
9
947849
Thank you! I am thrilled about this one! This is my 5th IV so far. I believe GC is helping to secure early IV spots, but I'm sure most IVs for all of us will come after mid-October.
I have similar scores as you and a GC, some research and YOG 2016. Prolly the date of application? Man, this wait is worse than waiting for scores.
main hospital UPMC?+1 UPMC
that's impressive!
9
947849
I've gotten so impatient lately that I make it a point to religiously check even my SPAM folder every morning!! October, come on already!!
I got an IV at Rochester General Hospital and one at St Barbabas Hospital... both in the spam, i almost missed them XD
PONTIAC FEVER
New Member
Late to the thread
Non US IMG
Step 1: 267
Step 2: 260
CS: PASS
Step 3: 246
4 US LORS
3 Months USCE
1 publication
YOG: 2018
Applied to: 152 programs
4 interviews so far
Non US IMG
Step 1: 267
Step 2: 260
CS: PASS
Step 3: 246
4 US LORS
3 Months USCE
1 publication
YOG: 2018
Applied to: 152 programs
4 interviews so far
PONTIAC FEVER
New Member
ditto!IV from University of Maryland Midtown Campus
PONTIAC FEVER
New Member
I think it's different dates. I don't think they send out all IVs at onceWhen a program send an invitation, do they send it to all the applicants at the same time? I was looking the document/ spreadsheet that some of you uploaded, and noticed that some programs sent IV in different dates
Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using SDN mobile
I think it's different dates. I don't think they send out all IVs at once
Ohh! Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have similar scores as you and a GC, some research and YOG 2016. Prolly the date of application? Man, this wait is worse than waiting for scores.
I did hear that having your applications in as early as possible wss better. Who knows if one day actually is that different or not, especially now that they don’t “download” the application. I do have many publications and an additional graduate degree so that will be playing a major role in my app.
main hospital UPMC?
that's impressive!
Yeah main hospital! Thanks!
ObiWanKanobi
New Member
May I know where?Late to the thread
Non US IMG
Step 1: 267
Step 2: 260
CS: PASS
Step 3: 246
4 US LORS
3 Months USCE
1 publication
YOG: 2018
Applied to: 152 programs
4 interviews so far
ObiWanKanobi
New Member
Visa requiring
Step 1 240s
Step 2 240s
3 USCEs
CS pass
4 publications
2 Strong US letter , 1 US Generic letter
YOG 2018
Applied to 185
1 IV so far!
Step 1 240s
Step 2 240s
3 USCEs
CS pass
4 publications
2 Strong US letter , 1 US Generic letter
YOG 2018
Applied to 185
1 IV so far!
PONTIAC FEVER
New Member
University of Louisville KY, UTMB Galveston, UMMC midtown Baltimore, Stryker hommer MichiganMay I know where?
Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using SDN mobile
ObiWanKanobi
New Member
University of Louisville KY, UTMB Galveston, UMMC midtown Baltimore, Stryker hommer Michigan
That's really great!
PONTIAC FEVER
New Member
Wow you guys are doing great, Congratulations. I know its early but reading about all the interview going out, I'm so scared. I have not received anything in IM, no rejections or interviews 🙁
Major we are in this together. I am beginning to have major anxietyWow you guys are doing great, Congratulations. I know its early but reading about all the interview going out, I'm so scared. I have not received anything in IM, no rejections or interviews 🙁
Guys, I have a quick question! When I track assigned documents, it is telling my MSPE was made available to the program on 9/15. I thought it will be released on 10/1. Is it mistake or they released it earlier this year?
It is made available to programs whenever it’s uploaded but it is encrypted until oct 1 when they will be able to access it.
It is made available to programs whenever it’s uploaded but it is encrypted until oct 1 when they will be able to access it.
Ok! Thank you! )
I see you. Haven't received any IV either.Wow you guys are doing great, Congratulations. I know its early but reading about all the interview going out, I'm so scared. I have not received anything in IM, no rejections or interviews 🙁
Its ready for release but no MSPE goes out til October 1st 2018 12:01 EST.Guys, I have a quick question! When I track assigned documents, it is telling my MSPE was made available to the program on 9/15. I thought it will be released on 10/1. Is it mistake or they released it earlier this year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG!! Do you need a visa or old grad date?I got a rejection from The University of Texas at Austin - Dell Medical School.
Im still waiting to hear from them.
OMG!! Do you need a visa or old grad date?
Im still waiting to hear from them.
Its ready for release but no MSPE goes out til October 1st 2018 12:01 EST.
Thanks for the reply!
I am old! Very old! 😀
I got a rejection from The University of Texas at Austin - Dell Medical School.
I was also rejected (and don't need visa).
I did get +1 at Cook County
They also rejected my application 🙁I got a rejection from The University of Texas at Austin - Dell Medical School.
Since they send rejections, assume your in the game til you recieve somethingHey guys, so I didn’t get the rejection from UT Austin. Is this a good thing or should I assume that they ghosted me?
This is weird. I'm currently beginning to think I am cursed for this ERAS season. I literally have a letter from a dept chair from cook as 1 of my LORs, I thought this would atleast grant me an IV. Granted it's not ideal cause it's not a letter from the IM dept but this makes no sense anymore.
Hey! There's no need to feel discouraged so early in the process, and if it's a good letter and your application is compliant to their requirements, you will very likely receive an invite there. I am having a successful application season for many reasons. I have an MPH from a top-tier US school, have ~40 pubs/abstracts/presentations, post-doc experience, step 3, and don't need a visa. This combination is probably putting my application before others, so I am not your average candidate. I am sure that most of us here will have a successful season, especially starting the next few weeks. If not, look at the forums from previous years, where many applicants received multiple interviews, even in January! If you know people in other programs/hospitals, make sure you give them a call/send an email asking them to put in a good word at their program.
do you need a visa?Major we are in this together. I am beginning to have major anxiety
You have great scores and no flags, Im surprised your not racking up the interviews. Im sure they will flow in soon. Be patient, hard work pays off!
Definitely will have MSPE in my favor, however, theres always that tiny bit of doubt that perhaps now that the entire app is in, despite being a good candidate, they have the freedom to outright reject you 🙂That just comes down to the quality of your evals. If they're mostly positive, they'll tip the scale in your favor. They're just wanting to see if you're a pleasant person to work with lol
yes i do need visado you need a visa?
You have great scores and no flags, Im surprised your not racking up the interviews. Im sure they will flow in soon. Be patient, hard work pays off!
I was once listening to some big doctor and he said MSPE for foreign graduates doesn’t matter as much?
Also, how does one know that a program is mid tier or low tier?
Also, how does one know that a program is mid tier or low tier?
I was once listening to some big doctor and he said MSPE for foreign graduates doesn’t matter as much?
Also, how does one know that a program is mid tier or low tier?
I heard that too.
9
950313
MSPE importance for foreign graduates is subjective. For that doctor it didn't matter, but for others it could be the difference between inviting an FMG for an interview or passing. The PD's I talked to at the ACP conferences said it gives a lot of insight (i.e. consistency throughout rotations, motivation, bedside manner, clinical skills, etc.) into whether any applicant would be a good fit for their program and worth giving an interview spot to.I was once listening to some big doctor and he said MSPE for foreign graduates doesn’t matter as much?
Also, how does one know that a program is mid tier or low tier?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah...it's an uphill battle for IMG anywayOk! Friday didn’t bring any news! It’s going to be a looong weekend! 🙁
IMG1990IM-CARDIO
Full Member
No news here either. Let's wait for the next week being in our favor.Ok! Friday didn’t bring any news! It’s going to be a looong weekend! 🙁
Congrats! I am wodering if I have apply to the same programs as you do, But no rejection, no invite. What does it mean?Ok, guys, probably it was too early to call it a day! 🙂) I’ve just got an email:
+IV Kingsbrook Jewish MC, Brooklyn
Congrats! I am wodering if I have apply to the same programs as you do, But no rejection, no invite. What does it mean?
Thank you! 🙂
Do you need visa? My guess is my green card along with my scores secure early interviews. But I don’t know for sure. I hope you will have a lot of good news next week!)
Thank you! 🙂
Do you need visa? My guess is my green card along with my scores secure early interviews. But I don’t know for sure. I hope you will have a lot of good news next week!)
I am US-IMG.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K