This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an IMG with average scores, do you guys think it’s worth it to apply to UTSW dallas? They mostly have AMGs

As an IMG with average scores, do you guys think it’s worth it to apply to UTSW dallas? They mostly have AMGs
When its @ IMG as they say apply broad or everywhere .( so many post you will see ) , you never know "Luck may Shine"
so if you believe in that and you have money go ahead and apply. (Because in 26$ in places like NYC you will get low mein , dumplings and cheap bottle of wine ) .... if i have scores like you and extra 26$ i will.
For example , i know i have " ZERO" chance in NYU , luck is no where , but i still applied . why? because of hope, that's all i have . Thats beauty of us as humans, that hope can create anything .
So decide if you feel you want to go ahead , or take advice only from physicians or residents or experts first ( be careful @ advice from non medical professionals , believe me it bit me @ wrong place) .
Good Luck

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing yet!

Thank you for the reply!

Buy the way, have you scheduled your interview in Orlando? I am still waiting for the link for scheduling :(

Thank you for the reply!

Buy the way, have you scheduled your interview in Orlando? I am still waiting for the link for scheduling :(
They have not sent a new email either :(

They have not sent a new email either :(

Ok! You’ll be laughing, but I am less anxious now :)) Will keep you posted if I get an email from them!

Reactions: 1 user
Dear all ,
i need suggestion ,
I noticed many of you have research experience and publications .
I tried to email many places like many emails , half didn't even reply or many rejected saying cant offer as no experience .
How do we find these research opportunities ? ( please don't suggest externship companies , i am not gone pay dime anymore to them )
What's online research and online research has any value ?
poster presentation how to find that ?
As you all have done these research , just drop your suggestions how to find them ?

Dear all ,
i need suggestion ,
I tried to email many places like many emails , half didn't even reply or many rejected saying cant offer as no experience .
How do we find these research opportunities ? ( please don't suggest externship companies , i am not gone pay dime anymore to them )
As you all have done these research , just drop your suggestions how to find them ?
I emailed a bunch of research departments in hospitals associated with residency programs. I wrote a short emailing stating my situation and interest in research, attached CV and next day I had an interview. Just keep trying. Make sure you have a well written CV. I'm not sure if you are looking for a paid position but if you are willing to help for free and then possibly turn that into a paying job there should be a lot of of opportunities. The program that offered me an IV told me they don't want to waste my time and they know I want to be published and thats what they said would happen after 3-4 months. They were willing to teach me as well, they said it could turn into a paid position depending on my performance.

Reactions: 4 users
Dear all ,
i need suggestion ,

Please post this in the general IM forum as this should be restricted towards interviews and match.

This is just me thinking out loud, but any idea if choosing the first date from the invite dates offered maximizes your chances of being chosen for the program?

I emailed a bunch of research departments in hospitals associated with residency programs. I wrote a short emailing stating my situation and interest in research, attached CV and next day I had an interview. Just keep trying. Make sure you have a well written CV. I'm not sure if you are looking for a paid position but if you are willing to help for free and then possibly turn that into a paying job there should be a lot of of opportunities. The program that offered me an IV told me they don't want to waste my time and they know I want to be published and thats what they said would happen after 3-4 months. They were willing to teach me as well, they said it could turn into a paid position depending on my performance.

Do you get published by helping out for free?

- sorry I know this is irrelevant to this thread but since you mentioned it here, I thought I’d ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is just me thinking out loud, but any idea if choosing the first date from the invite dates offered maximizes your chances of being chosen for the program?

There have been some studies regarding this and there is no correlation between chances of matching and date of interview. Having said that, it is recommended that you schedule your preferred programs mid- to late-season (if you have more than a couple of IVs) so you have had some experience with interviewing and your anxiety levels have decreased.

Reactions: 2 users
Do you know about his/her stats? I am wondering if you could share it.
Not really :( I just know she is Non-US IMG, 4 LORs, 3 months of USCE and average score on the steps (i think)

If a program acknowledges receipt of your application to their IM program, does it hold any significance? Thanks.

Hello everyone.
Thought i will join this thread.
non us img
step 1 240 +
step 2 250+
step 2 cs pass
3 months usce
step 3 225+
YOG- 2018
applied to 230 programs in IM
no research/publications
as of now, 1 interview at GRAND STRANDS MED CENTRE, MYRTLE BEACH, SC

Last edited:
+1 IV at Florida Hospital Medical Center

Reactions: 6 users
Guys! I have a question that may sound funny. I am somewhat confused about primary care IM tracks. I mean is there any differences between it and categorical in term of future fellowship application? Can primary care IM residents even apply for fellowships?

Guys! I have a question that may sound funny. I am somewhat confused about primary care IM tracks. I mean is there any differences between it and categorical in term of future fellowship application? Can primary care IM residents even apply for fellowships?

From what I know, yes they can. There are no restrictions on what you can and can't apply to. Its just that primary care residency have more outpatient rotations than the categorical im programs to prepare you to go into the primary track.

Reactions: 3 users
From what I know, yes they can. There are no restrictions on what you can and can't apply to. Its just that primary care residency have more outpatient rotations than the categorical im programs to prepare you to go into the primary track.
Thank you so much.

Hope I don't get rejected after the ominous "we reviewed you application..."

Acknowledgements don't mean anything but its good to know someone is actually receiving my app

Hi, Has any IMG applicant gotten any IM interview invites yet?

So DMC just emailed me they are still reviewing applications and will soon start giving out interviews. I thought someone here said they already got an interview from sinai grace? Hope we aren't making up interviews, we need to be fully transparent on here to help each other

Hey guys! Don't trust the spreadsheets at all. It's been known that trolls have been lying on it. I certainly have not been looking at them.

I went to school in AZ, rotated through U of A, have their letter, still heard nothing - I'm DO but U of A takes plenty of DOs...
Really? how's the IMG intake at the main campus in Tucson and Mayo in Scottsdale? Any idea? TIA

Interview at MetroWest medical center

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.