Immunology WW: Keep The Cat Alive Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So very true. Between you and LoTF, I about lost my cool with you both. haha
Yeah, wasn't paying attention much at that point, but when BBC reminded me to perform a night action and I saw that I had one, I was wondering why you knew to expect another action than what I had given you.
 
It blocked certain types of cells.

I believe it was any cell with plasma (STL correct me if I am wrong again lol). Caia was affected by the block, and possibly another wolf as well I can't remember.

It blocked all cells, except cancer. It was a counter to plasma cell. There was a counter to pretty much each of the pathogens in the game (think Dr. Seuss pairing of roles, 1 wolf, 1 villager that can subdue wolf)

Waaaiitttt a minute. I might have to go scroll back in our chat to where I asked you about that.
Was Caia not supposed to be blocked?

Caia was supposed to be blocked. Caia was a cell that wasn't a cancer cell 🙂

Oh got it. Cells as in proper cells (Lyla's body) or did prokaryote cells count? Then viruses not cells so not affected.

I mean Lyla cells lol 🙂. You didn't make a mistake, I double checked when I had rational brain after my sickness was done.

In case anyone was curious what STL and I's conversation looked like every single day...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Once I found out what I'd subbed into, all I really hoped was to at least fool you 😛
Glad to help you reach your goals :laugh:

But like, don't feel too good about it, as dy pointed out, I'm awful at finding wolves. Much better at being one.
 
Glad to help you reach your goals :laugh:

But like, don't feel too good about it, as dy pointed out, I'm awful at finding wolves. Much better at being one.
Dude I've been a wolf for the last 4 games I've played. I'm no good at being a wolf or a villager lol. Though I do appear to have supernatural dumb luck when a wolf.
 
I haven't read through the past few days yet (I think the last I saw was the second time aloha canceled the lynch), but yay village! Also good to know Lupin was indeed a villager when I was PM-ing with her, considering I told her everything I knew (which wasn't much, but still). :laugh:
 
Also MJ's meltdown where he swore up and down he was a villager is super funny in retrospect. Well-played.
Ah recollections of WW 101...

The problem is he goes for that tactic no matter what role he's in, so it's not a reliable indicator of anything
 
Lol remember DRoP

I mean you guys still won but. Heh.
This is actually my first time as a wolf where wolves didn't win or co-win. But yes, I was a flaming mess in DRoP lol. PBC and I didn't know a damned thing about the source material, that was my first time as a wolf ever, and I think it was one of PBC's first few times as an original. Every single thing we did failed in a spectacularly successful way haha
 
This was only my 2nd game so far as an original wolf! sorry I had to go out on a lame and boring note without real fight (the one day I was completely AFK, and right before I was set to become pathogenic too--noooooo! we were so limited on our night-killer options) but at that point in the game I also would've much rather I go than one of the others. I did at least manage to stay villagey in the eyes of PM partners, so that's a small victory 😛
btw, Kara I thought you were pretty awesome in the wolf thread, especially in working to apply actual immuno mechanics to the game! when it came to that stuff I was like :oldman: (so overwhelmed). I also enjoyed reading MVG's constant amazement with their own survival.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Teep, you'll be pleased to know that I have had to stay here at the lab til almost 4 am due to trying to win this game while doing experiments, only to find once again three days of my life have all been for a useless cause. :penguin:
Sorry to hear that 🙁

Thanks for running this game, @SummerTheLynx and @BeautifulBritishColumbia! It was a lot of fun 😀.

Did I ever actually activate anything as a macrophage?
 
Ah recollections of WW 101...

The problem is he goes for that tactic no matter what role he's in, so it's not a reliable indicator of anything
This may be historically true but since I started playing his flair has really only been when sketchy. I was so convinced there was something going on there. Tried to harass Lupes for more detail on her post-vouch and everything.

I grumped pretty hard after I died and STL told me. :laugh:
 
Ah recollections of WW 101...

The problem is he goes for that tactic no matter what role he's in, so it's not a reliable indicator of anything
Is what MJ did in WW101 worse than what he did in Incredibles? I thought that was as high as the bar went.

Edited because I got the game wrong the first time :eggface:
 
Is what MJ did in WW101 worse than what he did in His Dark Materials? I thought that was as high as the bar went.
I don't even remember what he did in HDM. WW 101 sticks with me because of the betrayal, even though I was dead. Also I was playing that game, whereas I modded HDM. Less emotions involved.

If you're thinking of the fake ban, that wasn't HDM, I believe it was Incredibles.
 
Edited because I got the game wrong the first time :eggface:
It's ok, I just realized he's been a wolf a lot when I'm modding. You'd think I would have learned something from the behind the scenes view but...no. HDM was the game he kinda flaked on that I alluded to when he said in this game that he would be paying more attention as a wolf.
 
glad I was wrong but I knew she wasn't a wolf.

Hope you guys enjoy continuing to WW on pre-vet. Was fun playing with many of you, but, true to my word, I'm done.

kam - I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot this game. I really don't have any issue with you outside of WW. If you'd like to talk about whatever you perceived, please PM me.
 
@Animal Midwife you were specific to Deva (or whoever was pneumonia). When LotF became a helper T she was specific for FeLV (or cancer? Think it was FeLV). You had no chance of being activated. 🙁. I felt bad and kinda wanted to tell you you were wasting your time.

I'm pretty sure it was Jil you needed to be activated.
 
Last edited:
This is actually my first time as a wolf where wolves didn't win or co-win. But yes, I was a flaming mess in DRoP lol. PBC and I didn't know a damned thing about the source material, that was my first time as a wolf ever, and I think it was one of PBC's first few times as an original. Every single thing we did failed in a spectacularly successful way haha
I just remember watching you guys wolfing going, they can't pick an inconvertible player to convert every time can they? Only almost. And I swear there weren't that many around!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So glad you guys got Lupin! The switch from HSC to whatever she was claiming without DVMD knowing was just too weird.

I'm also glad the cat lived. I just don't think I could have handled a wolf win and the cat dying.
It would have been a chaos win, so I would have thought considering you almost won my game, you'd have some desire for me to have won that...
 
Thanks, mods! It was just as well I died day 1 - with family and travel, I was hardly ever around to watch lynch close. But it was so much fun to watch! 🙂