Iowa acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jifi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard they sent out a batch of letters on Wed. Any one get something in the mail yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry about the bad news westsidespartan :(

were they all rejections?

Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt it. Since they said they wanted to have all decisions made by March 15, I would assume they sent, well, all of their final decisions.

I hope so...i really liked iowa...plus im still looking for my first acceptance...hows it going for you?

Yeah, Iowa was my first choice. No acceptances here either. At the current count, I've had 6 interviews-- 2 rejections, 1 hold, and 3 I haven't heard from.

i hearya....I will have had 8 interviews....i have 1 hold.....and the other schools are draging asss....no word....good luck though

i got an acceptance in the mail today. it comes in a 8 1/2 x 11 white envelope. good luck to all those that are still waiting.
can anybody confirm that you can't establish in-state status after the first year there? i'm from california.

As with most states, you aren't making money and paying taxes while a student...so you don't get to become a resident. <a href="http://www.uiowa.edu/registrar/Wresreg.htm" target="_blank">http://www.uiowa.edu/registrar/Wresreg.htm</a>

none,
there are several things you can do towards that end: register to vote, register your vehicles, buy property, pay income tax, etc.
i'm a non-trad and married. my wife and i will be paying state taxes and purchasing a home. many states allow you to establish residency even when you aren't paying taxes, if you comply with other rules.
i just thought i remembered iowa as being near impossible.

got an acceptance from iowa on thursday.

Is anyone going to Iowa's second look day?

im planning on going...april 20th or something?

yeah, it's April 20th. I'm looking forward to seeing the campus again and meeting some future classmates.

Any out of state students or instate residents decides to decline Iowa acceptance? Any news about waitlist movement?

thanks

B

Too early to start declining things! Waaaaaay too early. Cripes, they haven't even had their re-visit weekend yet!

I am an in-state resident that just found out that I am will be added to Iowa's alternate list.

Iowa is my first choice. Does anyone have any advice for me?