2023-2024 Iowa (Carver)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 OOS final pool

Members don't see this ad.

+ 1 OOS FP - will 3/15 the first day we’ll hear about decision from FP?
I think their email stated "no later than March 15" so my guess would be the first two weeks of March and based on the previous years likely the first Tuesday or Wednesday of March, someone please correct me if you have more info.

I don't know about these data, but I remember the medical students stating many from their respective classes came from the final applicant pool. Someone correct my thinking if you heard something else.
My guess is that they look at how many people hit “plan to enroll” in February which allows them to estimate how many spots they have left, then the can accept and fill out the class and WL others.
I have also heard about a good portion of the class getting in via final pool so I wouldn’t be discouraged

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea how many people are in the final pool for in state?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else get the FAFSA email with the meme at the end? Lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone else get the FAFSA email with the meme at the end? Lmao
So any idea how can we add them to the FAFSA if it won't be available for schools to see until March? I submitted my FAFSA in early January but it is not processed so I can't seem to edit it until it is processed.

So any idea how can we add them to the FAFSA if it won't be available for schools to see until March? I submitted my FAFSA in early January but it is not processed so I can't seem to edit it until it is processed.
Yea, mine isn't processed either unfortunately. My understanding is that you can't edit it at all until it is processed, but I may be wrong. Hopefully the CTE deadlines are pushed back but who knows.

Please don’t email me about the FAFSA, my anxiety is way too high for this

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Yea, mine isn't processed either unfortunately. My understanding is that you can't edit it at all until it is processed, but I may be wrong. Hopefully the CTE deadlines are pushed back but who knows.
I contacted FAFSA support to see if I could edit my schools to make sure I had Carver listed and they confirmed what you said. You can add as soon as it’s complete, but who knows when that will be lol

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you I just wanted to make sure it is not me not knowing how to add schools lol!!

• Care
Anyone final pooled and waiting for March 15th?

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When is the most likely date and time that they would post results?

I went through some of the previous threads and someone made this timeline:
2015: Tuesday the 3rd
2016: Tuesday the 8th
2017: Wednesday the 8th
2018: Tuesday the 6th
2019: Tuesday the 5th
2020: Wednesday the 11th
2021: Wednesday the 10th
2022: Wednesday the 9th

And then it looks like last year was Wednesday, March 8th. The final pool notification said decisions will be released by the 15th.

Reactions: 7 users
Does CCOM drug test upon admission? Mainly asking for THC. I’m from a legalized state and know it isn’t legal in Iowa. Not really concerned, just curious how it works there if anyone has any insight.

Does CCOM drug test upon admission? Mainly asking for THC. I’m from a legalized state and know it isn’t legal in Iowa. Not really concerned, just curious how it works there if anyone has any insight.
Even if you’re from a legalized state, I encourage you to double check every school! Some hospitals/schools in legalized states still test for it (I do not know about Iowa for sure, though)

How are we feeling as final pool decisions are coming up? Is it just me or is anyone else obsessively checking this thread? They sure know how to build suspense!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Just withdrew my A from here, think this is an amazing school. Good luck guys.

I went through some of the previous threads and someone made this timeline:
2015: Tuesday the 3rd
2016: Tuesday the 8th
2017: Wednesday the 8th
2018: Tuesday the 6th
2019: Tuesday the 5th
2020: Wednesday the 11th
2021: Wednesday the 10th
2022: Wednesday the 9th

And then it looks like last year was Wednesday, March 8th. The final pool notification said decisions will be released by the 15th.
Based on this do we think March 5/6 or 12/13?

Anyone heard anything from the MSTP? Got the check-in email in January and nothing since

So how does Caitlin Clark breaking the scoring record affect things--will they send out acceptances next week to capitalize on the positive news? My money's on a week and a half from now but it seems that first and second week of March are both pretty common final pool release days

Did some digging and found that final pool decisions have been released the week before the residency match for the last 6+ years. Assuming this is because the college and admissions committee wants to spread their work and focus out over these two busy weeks. So, with this in mind, we should be receiving news this Tuesday or Wednesday sometime :)

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Pulled this from last year's thread, credit to hawksfan4, I did not fact check it myself.....
"Some more info for those as neurotic as me: In the last 5ish cycles, if they release the results on a Wednesday, they send the email in the morning, any time from 9 to 12 am. If they release the results on a Tuesday, they've sent the email later in the afternoon, from 2-4PM.

So, based on recent trends, expect to get an email Tuesday afternoon OR Wednesday morning."

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Anyone accepted today from final pool?

So are we thinking today is the day?? Let’s get hyped! Good luck to all in the pool party!

Reactions: 7 users
the suspense goes CRAZY
idk what im hoping for tho this was my worst interview

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Did they send an email to say check the portal? I didn’t get one yet

its out... does anyone know how large the OOS alternate list is. Trying to determine if I have a chance being in the 40s???

+1 OOS AL (low 30s)
Will most likely withdraw soon. Congratulations to everyone else!

Last edited:
OOS alternate list: position 20-25. I will most likely withdraw soon. Goodluck everyone!!

OOS Alternate List. Says “No. 100”—- not sure if this means I’m specifically #100 on the list or if that’s an estimate. Either way… not looking too hot. Congrats to those of you who got great news today!!

OOS final pool R as well :( this is really disappointing I thought I had a chance and did well on my interview

• Care
OOS Alternate List. Says “No. 100”—- not sure if this means I’m specifically #100 on the list or if that’s an estimate. Either way… not looking too hot. Congrats to those of you who got great news today!!
OOS AL, rank #99. I was waitlisted last time and the rank is pretty accurate, not an estimate. It was #70 something last cycle and didn't make it in. It differs year to year but I'm not too optimistic, so will likely withdraw. Congratulations to everyone who got an A!