2023-2024 Iowa (Carver)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received an MD/PhD acceptance,WL, or post-II rejection yet?
First wave of MSTP acceptances went out a bit ago. Will have another wave this month and in February.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why would it be today?
Because it’s Tuesday and we hype on Tuesdays. They usually release decisions that day of the week. They may not meet today, but worth wearing the lucky underwear and socks just in case 🤞

Because it’s Tuesday and we hype on Tuesdays. They usually release decisions that day of the week. They may not meet today, but worth wearing the lucky underwear and socks just in case 🤞
Brb donning the lucky boxers 🤞🏼

When should we start hearing about A’s?

Forgot to post, but interviewed early Dec and got the OOS A call a little after mid-December. Speechless and so grateful, love this school.

Sending y’all every good vibe out there, it’s only a matter of time before you get good news too!

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
No II means a R here at this point right? I am pretty sure the last interview date is 1/12. Can anyone confirm?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any A’s tomorrow? Are they back?

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone knows if we can send an update letter post interview? I interviewed Sep and submitted my secondary end of July so since then I have started a second job and have more experiences. Thank you!

Anyone knows if we can send an update letter post interview? I interviewed Sep and submitted my secondary end of July so since then I have started a second job and have more experiences. Thank you!

I think I remember seeing no updates on their website

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Does the final pool thing apply to applicants too? I thought it was just interviewees
Sorry to say it but their website says interviews end in January. Past years' threads show mass rejections (pre-II) in January, so that lines up.

TUESDAY HYPE

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when adcoms meet again?
I just remember being told they likely wouldn't meet at all during the holidays or on Jan 2 because it was right after the holidays so prob in the next week or so they could

Three more Tuesdays in January until final pool :0

Ik Iowa doesn't accept letters of intent but anyone know if letters of interest are alright? Tried to contact Admissions today but went to voicemail & Ik the deadline for updates is the 18th

OOS A!! Interviewed 12/8. This is my FOURTH time interviewing with Iowa. FINALLY!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 22 users
Pre-II R rn!

• Care
pre-II R, I am glad they didnt pull me along until the end of the cycle lol

Damn, Iowa. Where's the love for November interviewees?

Pre II R. Good luck to those still in the running and congrats to those that were accepted! 🫡

pre-II R! Not surprised one bit, this was a reach for me. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!