2023-2024 Iowa (Carver)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS AL, rank #103

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know what is a "good" waitlist rank, meaning a pretty good chance of getting in? Can't gauge if high 30's is good or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what is a "good" waitlist rank, meaning a pretty good chance of getting in? Can't gauge if high 30's is good or not.
If its OOS you have a very good chance, I think also solid for IS but not so sure about that

Seems IS WL moves 20-30 each year. Can anyone attest to this?

OOS WL position between 40-60. Looks like it's moved down 2 spots. Respect for including a rank tbh.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
IS WL. Does anyone know when we can expect IS waitlist movement?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 OOS waitlist, rank 40-60 range. Y'all think I should hold out hope or just plan to attend the other school I have an A at?

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
IS WL. Does anyone know when we can expect IS waitlist movement?
Depends on the year, but I've gathered that IS moves ~20 spots. I was WL for my first cycle (2022) and it moved 28 spots. I heard one year was less than 20, but that this was unusual.

Reactions: 1 users
Depends on the year, but I've gathered that IS moves ~20 spots. I was WL for my first cycle (2022) and it moved 28 spots. I heard one year was less than 20, but that this was unusual.

That was 2019. I was waitlisted low 20s my first cycle. Thought I had a chance since it moved ~25-30 for several years before me. It moved 12 spots fml lol! It all worked out because I got in my 2nd cycle and I’m about to graduate!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
has anyone gotten off of the OOS waitlist yet (or is the slight drop in number just from ppl withdrawing)? also how many usually get off for OOS?

Is anyone planning on bringing a parent/significant other to the dinners at second look? I know they said guests invited to those events but wasn't sure how much people really bring one...

IS waitlist moved 3 spots today!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Someone claimed to have withdrawn their A for OOS, so I would expect all spots to move up by one, unless I'm misunderstanding how this process works. Stating this because my position hasn't changed.
Depends on how many people they over accept tbh. May be quite a bit before we see something.

Has anyone heard back about when financial aid offers go out?
I've been wondering the same thing. I got an email that they received my fafsa and I completed the parental income form. Haven't heard anything yet.

This one was hard because it was my first A but just withdrew! For transparency, I received the Dean's scholarship which was 30K annually. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
I have withdrawn from my A and $15,000 scholarship (OOS). Good luck to those on the waitlist!!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users