-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Iowa (Carver)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Awesomegamer13
New Member
Anyone know what is a "good" waitlist rank, meaning a pretty good chance of getting in? Can't gauge if high 30's is good or not.
If its OOS you have a very good chance, I think also solid for IS but not so sure about thatAnyone know what is a "good" waitlist rank, meaning a pretty good chance of getting in? Can't gauge if high 30's is good or not.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS WL position between 40-60. Looks like it's moved down 2 spots. Respect for including a rank tbh.
acm_mkm1801
Full Member
IS WL. Does anyone know when we can expect IS waitlist movement?
goodfornothingpremed
Full Member
has anyone gotten an email? or did people just check the portal
Portalhas anyone gotten an email? or did people just check the portal
I got an emailhas anyone gotten an email? or did people just check the portal
D
deleted1150307
I guess the email tells us to check the portal which is more painful way to get rejected!!has anyone gotten an email? or did people just check the portal
Email to check the portal.has anyone gotten an email? or did people just check the portal
norinori88
Full Member
+1 OOS waitlist, rank 40-60 range. Y'all think I should hold out hope or just plan to attend the other school I have an A at?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Depends on the year, but I've gathered that IS moves ~20 spots. I was WL for my first cycle (2022) and it moved 28 spots. I heard one year was less than 20, but that this was unusual.IS WL. Does anyone know when we can expect IS waitlist movement?
Depends on the year, but I've gathered that IS moves ~20 spots. I was WL for my first cycle (2022) and it moved 28 spots. I heard one year was less than 20, but that this was unusual.
That was 2019. I was waitlisted low 20s my first cycle. Thought I had a chance since it moved ~25-30 for several years before me. It moved 12 spots fml lol! It all worked out because I got in my 2nd cycle and I’m about to graduate!!!
goodfornothingpremed
Full Member
has anyone gotten off of the OOS waitlist yet (or is the slight drop in number just from ppl withdrawing)? also how many usually get off for OOS?
Couple commits $3 Million to fund full-ride scholarships for Iowa medical students
The money will fund 27 full-ride scholarships to Iowa medical students during the next ten years, easing the financial burden of becoming a doctor.
Withdrew A today, good luck all
Jartl
New Member
Was this IS or OS?Withdrew A today, good luck all
OOSWas this IS or OS?
oncpreneur
New Member
Is the OOS waitlist going to be updated soon?
goodfornothingpremed
Full Member
pretty sure it updates in real timeIs the OOS waitlist going to be updated soon?
oncpreneur
New Member
Someone claimed to have withdrawn their A for OOS, so I would expect all spots to move up by one, unless I'm misunderstanding how this process works. Stating this because my position hasn't changed.pretty sure it updates in real time
Depends on how many people they over accept tbh. May be quite a bit before we see something.Someone claimed to have withdrawn their A for OOS, so I would expect all spots to move up by one, unless I'm misunderstanding how this process works. Stating this because my position hasn't changed.
Has anyone heard back about when financial aid offers go out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called the office a week ago and they said 2-3 weeks. So soon?Has anyone heard back about when financial aid offers go out?
I've been wondering the same thing. I got an email that they received my fafsa and I completed the parental income form. Haven't heard anything yet.Has anyone heard back about when financial aid offers go out?
I just got mine yesterday! $15,000 per year (OOS)Has anyone heard back about when financial aid offers go out?
+1 I just got mine today lol a few hours after my post. I'm IS tho.I just got mine yesterday! $15,000 per year (OOS)
Withdrew my A and a 30k annual Dean's Scholarship (OOS). It was a very difficult decision.
Has the OOS list moved at all today? IS has only moved one today
I moved 2 spots today.Has the OOS list moved at all today? IS has only moved one today
I moved 3 spotsHas the OOS list moved at all today? IS has only moved one today
cmtbniwsm17
New Member
So it looks like IS movement is very slow right now, considering it only moved one spot yesterday and usually moves much more on CTE day. Do you guys think this is because of the delay of FAFSA, or are we just in for a tough year of IS WL movement?
IUSAMD
Full Member
It took a couple of days to start moving last year. Slowly over these first couple weeks of MaySo it looks like IS movement is very slow right now, considering it only moved one spot yesterday and usually moves much more on CTE day. Do you guys think this is because of the delay of FAFSA, or are we just in for a tough year of IS WL movement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am wondering if the movement from yesterday was people withdrawing from their WL position. IS did not move for me yesterday and I am <10 on the WL currently. I’m hoping we see some movement tomorrow!So it looks like IS movement is very slow right now, considering it only moved one spot yesterday and usually moves much more on CTE day. Do you guys think this is because of the delay of FAFSA, or are we just in for a tough year of IS WL movement?
IUSAMD
Full Member
SameI am wondering if the movement from yesterday was people withdrawing from their WL position. IS did not move for me yesterday and I am <10 on the WL currently. I’m hoping we see some movement tomorrow!
oncpreneur
New Member
Pretty stagnant right now...
Yep same rank as yesterday :/Pretty stagnant right now...