You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Iowa (Carver)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
applied2toomanyschoolsxd
Full Member
Pre-II R, significant ties to Iowa, complete 7/28
Caveat mTOR
Full Member
Do you mind sharing stats or LM?
~3.2 cGPA
~3.65 sGPA
~3.95 Postbacc over a ton of units
511 MCAT
4/4 Casper
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it’s safe to assume we will be in the final pool, which from what I’ve read means we will be accepted/rejected/waitlisted in mid March. I did some digging on past years threads and didn’t see anyone post II rejected instead of being put in the final pool but that could be wrong!!For those of us who interviewed but have not heard back: do you think it's safe to assume that we will be rejected or added to the alternate pool/ waitlist?
KirbySmartVisor
New Member
I'm in the same boat as you and curious as well!Anyone not heard back from Carver? I have neither an R nor an II. I'm assuming you can't be in final pool without an II but can anyone confirm if that's true?
boringhuman
Full Member
Final pool is only for people that interviewed. Interviews end in January (at least that’s what their website says). What I’ve seen on previous years’ threads is rejections of everyone else at the end of the month. You’ll likely hear from them soon.Anyone not heard back from Carver? I have neither an R nor an II. I'm assuming you can't be in final pool without an II but can anyone confirm if that's true?
IUSAMD
Full Member
I am 90% sure the latter is trueDoes anyone know: In years past, has there been a wave of post interview rejections around the time that other people are receiving notice that they were added to the final pool? Or, do post interview rejections not typically occur until March 15?
+1 Pre-II OOS R
Not sure if I posted yet, but yeah.
Pre II R, midwestern ties, 1/19.
Pre II R, midwestern ties, 1/19.
bananabread224
Full Member
Do we think there will be any decisions today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
orthodontisto
Full Member
The MSTP committee sent out a check-in email today that mentioned they had their "final MD admissions meeting" today. Idk if "final" is in relation to the MSTP meeting with the MD committee or what, but I do think it means that the MD admission committee met today and hopefully will be sending some decisions!Do we think there will be any decisions today?
Best of luck to y'all MD only applicants 🙂
boringhuman
Full Member
Fingers and toes crossed. It's been such a long wait!Do we think there will be any decisions today?
Waitingwaiting123
New Member
+1 post-interview R for MD, IS
+1 post-interview R for MD, IS
When was your interview?
Waitingwaiting123
New Member
9/8When was your interview?
pool party
goodfornothingpremed
Full Member
Pool Party babes! interviewed early jan so was expecting this lol
App will be reviewed again in final pool
Just got notice that I'm in the final pool -- 10/4 interview, OOS
one_masterpiece
Full Member
OOS pool party time
+1 Pool party OOS, anyone got sunscreen?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
irishdoc28
Full Member
+1 OOS Post-II Final Pool 🏊♂️
+1 OOS final pool
acm_mkm1801
Full Member
IS final pool 10/9 interview
OOS interviewed 9/13, final pool
D
deleted1150307
OOS final pool as well interviewed on 9/22!
sunshinedoc77
New Member
Diving into the pool, OOS interviewed 10/27.
Dalladalla
Full Member
OOS final pool- interviewed 11/6
bananabread224
Full Member
+1 IS pool party. Interviewed late Sept.
Dr. Ruby 2023
Full Member
+1 OOS pool party. interviewed 11/15/23.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know about these data, but I remember the medical students stating many from their respective classes came from the final applicant pool. Someone correct my thinking if you heard something else.Does anyone know if there’s data on percentage accepted out of the final pool?
Based on last year's thread, it looks like they start sending out stuff during the second week of March.+ 1 OOS FP [emoji305] - will 3/15 the first day we’ll hear about decision from FP?