Ireland and UK Vet School c/o 2024 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have received an offer 3 hours ago!!!! I still can NOT believe this is real... (crying and laughing so hard at the same time)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I had my interview today! Thank you, Aripal9 and Halez_96 for the advice. Skype interview was okay - wasn't super smooth because of the wifi but people who interviewed me were very nice. I was able to explain my background and also talked a bit about my experiences. Hope I can join you guys after the summer!

Yay congrats!! And good luck keep us posted!!

I have received an offer 3 hours ago!!!! I still can NOT believe this is real... (crying and laughing so hard at the same time)
Omg yay!!! Congrats girl!!!❤️

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Omg yay!!! Congrats girl!!!❤

Thank you!!

Is there a FB group or any gathering for incoming students? I just started looking into dorm and cost of living... with COVID19 going on right now, I feel like it's hard to plan "ahead".

Thank you!!

Is there a FB group or any gathering for incoming students? I just started looking into dorm and cost of living... with the COVID19 going on right now, many things become less certain.

They will make a FB page for the new class, I don't remember when they usually do it though. And yes, COVID is making everything a bit chaotic at the moment.

Reactions: 1 user
They will make a FB page for the new class, I don't remember when they usually do it though. And yes, COVID is making everything a bit chaotic at the moment.

Thanks for replying me!

Does anyone know if any international student bring their family with them in the past? I have been looking into accommodation. School obviously doesn't accommodate small family. Most of houses off campus come with furnitures, which is surprising, but we have 3 cats. I am wondering if anyone has/had the same issues... one option is that my family stays here and I go alone. Right now (especially with COVID), it seems like a safer plan.

Thank you!!

Is there a FB group or any gathering for incoming students? I just started looking into dorm and cost of living... with COVID19 going on right now, I feel like it's hard to plan "ahead".

There is a Facebook group created for vet med class of 2024 however I still haven't been accepted into it by the admin and I requested to join almost three weeks ago now!

How are you all navigating scheduling flights, finding private housing? I'm a little at a loss for when to try to sign a lease, and if I need a UK bank account or anything to do so. A bit nervous to schedule a flight with the pandemic restrictions and with not knowing when a lease would start.

How are you all navigating scheduling flights, finding private housing? I'm a little at a loss for when to try to sign a lease, and if I need a UK bank account or anything to do so. A bit nervous to schedule a flight with the pandemic restrictions and with not knowing when a lease would start.

Personally, I am going to wait till at least June or at least the boarders are reopen. It is difficult to predict when will the pandemic end and what all these will lead to at this point. I wouldn't want to sign the lease or pay anything big right now... :(

Reactions: 2 users
I've heard from previous years the Dublin sometimes contacts people in mid Jan with acceptances without interviews so don't let yourself feel down just yet! I also know someone who got an acceptance close to Christmas day! Dublin is just very random I guess.
Can you tell me about the interview? I have interview on jan 4 and I have no idea if the interview is with a panel or MMI

Can you tell me about the interview? I have interview on jan 4 and I have no idea if the interview is with a panel or MMI
Apologize for being super late with this response! I hope your interview went well and that you hear some good news soon!

Good luck to everyone applying! I’m a final year at Dublin- let me know if you have any questions about the program / Dublin in general :):luck:
I just submitted my application today. When should I expect to hear about an interview?