IRL WW game thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StartingoverVet

Flight Instructor for hire
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the REAL WORLD, where there are no exams, no rotations, and no summer long breaks. It is a dirty, cruel, mean world out there, and everyone has to scrape to make ends meet, unless you have a cushy job that is. We all want the economy to do well, and make money, but not everyone is really out for your interest. Let's try to remove those who are getting in the way shall we?

IMPORTANT RULES:
1) Editing IS allowed (not of votes though).
2) Only PM within your group unless told otherwise.
3) THIS GAME THREAD SHOULD ONLY CONTAIN STRATEGY RELATED POSTS. Please do not make fun, cutesy, or other comments here. That is what the conversation is for. This game thread should be an easy read for those who seem to have real lives.

It is Day 1. TIME TO VOTE for a CEO.

PLEASE NOTE:
1) THE CEO will not be able to be investigated. Let's face it, CEOs have too much power to let anyone know the truth about them.
2) THE CEO will LOSE all their powers once elected, because running a company is a full time job.
3) The CEO will have some PM privileges.
4) The CEO may or may not have other abilities.

Please note item 1 and 2 about the CEO. They are obviously important to game strategy.

There are 21 players (a couple counts as one player) in the game:

Polluting Chemical Company Inc.
1- Gwenevre + Ashgirl
2-VetAsh2117
3- ResoluteMike

B- Act Like you care about the planet but don't really Co.
1-hedgie
2- HTML
3- Cyndia

C- Food Supplements for Suckers Ltd.
1- MJ
2- WZ
3-swings
4- STL

D- The Soul Sucking Hedge Fund Investors LLC.
1-DVMD
2- devyn
3-rojo
4- DocE & Chillbo <3

E - The Claim Denying Insurance Company Plc
1- Lupin21
2- FFM
3- allie

F - The Megalomaniac Monopolist Tech Assoc.
1- dyachei
2- LIS
3-SnS
4-lissarae06 bishes

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Um.

It seems to me that we want to be careful how we go about this. We don't want to put someone in the position of having to say "Uhhhh.... my role ability is major, please don't make me CEO so we lose it."

So we need at least a few peeps to step up and say "I'm electable because picking me won't (for instance), take away a seer from the villagers" (per Note 2 about the CEO).

I don't want to vote for someone until I'm comfortable losing their ability isn't a big loss to the villagers.

Losing my role would not likely be a big deal to the villagers ... but I don't want CEO because of time issues.

Reactions: 2 users
I agree with LIS. I know you don't want CEO because of time issues, but for now I'm going to just ****elect LIS**** since you're the only one who has admitted a minor role so far. I'll switch if someone else thinks they're a better candidate with more time on their hands.

Members don't see this ad :)
Elect LIS

I was totally trying to avoid downloading this app on my phone...we shall see how that goes.

If anyone has to leave during the game I'd like to put myself on the waitlist ;)

I and my better half will vote to elect MJ

Sorry guys, I have been having migraines and I am currently at the neurologist. Will get back on when I can

I would rather be the ceo than mad jack(and I really doubt I have time), no offense, but has he ever even played a sov game?
He would have if you guys hasn't immediately killed him in the Noobies vs Boobies game :p assuming you're not counting the 101 game, I think he might have played in one other that I missed. @Mad Jack

Ok was able to get caught up while hanging out in the waiting room. Elect Lissa. I don't have an important role as far as I can tell so I would be a good choice.

Final CEO Search Committee Tally:

Dbag 0 ()
Lissa 7 (Lupin, , , dyachei, DVMD, lissarae, devyn,jojo, LIS)
LIS 4 (hedgie, , FFM, Mike, SnS)
STL 1 (, , allie)
MJ 6 (MJ, WZ, cyndia, vetash, gwen, MJ)

waffles: 5

Deadline: 7pm EST, night deadline will be Tuesday 6am EST

After an exhaustive search of many extremely qualified candidates, and unqualified candidates as well, the Search Committee has voted to make Lissarae06 the CEO of SDN Inc. You have to wonder just a bit about this committee though, I mean, Lissarae went from hawking Hot Dogs one day to running a multinational corporation the next day. Gotta love the American Dream. Hopefully she is up for the challenge.

Night closes at 6am EST. No extensions, no excuses. This is the real world.

ps- if anyone knows of someone who might like to be added to play this WW game, let me know, there is a unique opportunity to join in at the ground floor of this juggernaut.

There are 21 players (a couple counts as one player) in the game:
(please note that BI and Dyachei have coupled up).

1- Gwenevre + Ashgirl
2- VetAsh2117
3- ResoluteMike

1-hedgie
2- HTML
3- Cyndia

1- MJ
2- WZ
3-swings
4- STL

1-DVMD
2- devyn
3-rojo
4- DocE & Chillbo <3

1- Lupin21
2- FFM
3- allie

1- dyachei/Bright Impressio
2- LIS
3-SnS
4-lissarae06 CEO

Ooh... BIyachei. I like that one.

Reactions: 7 users
The running of a large corporation is a complex activity with many people doing many things, but also a lot of it involves waiting around for people to actually do/finish the things they are supposed to do. That requires patience. Basically what I am trying to say is that nothing important enough to announce has happened.

<crickets>

Day 2 closes at 7pm EST. Votes posted/received after 7pm will be ignored. No hanging chads, no voter fraud is tolerated.

There are still 21 players (a couple counts as one player) in the game:
(please note that BI and Dyachei have coupled up).

Please note there has been movement. Please remove moved players from your group conversation.

1- Gwenevre + Ashgirl
2- VetAsh2117
3- ResoluteMike

1-hedgie
3- Cyndia

1- MJ
2- WZ
3- swings
4- STL

1-DVMD
2- devyn
3- rojo
4- DocE & Chillbo <3

1- Lupin21
2- FFM
3- allie
4 - HTML

1- BIyachei
2- LIS
3- SnS
4- lissarae06 CEO

ICU
<
empty>

Jail/Dog Pound
<empty>

Last edited:
lynch cyndia I think she has been a wolf for like 5 bagillion straight games now, so meh, why not again (aka don't know so rando)

*****lynch cyndia*****

She can be a sneaky sneaky wolf.

lynch cyndia I think she has been a wolf for like 5 bagillion straight games now, so meh, why not again (aka don't know so rando)

Lol, it's true that I started a wolf for about the last 5 games straight, but thankfully the pattern has broken.

Going with a random *****lynch lupin**** for now.

Lynch dbag.

Mostly just because I wanted to say dbag and I have nothing yet.

Reactions: 1 user