Kansas State University c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! for the laptop/tablet that we have to purchase when you do we need to pay for that? will it be far enough out that it can be covered in my student loans?
You are billed each semester for a Technology Fee that covers the tech support here and the computer charge so it is not an all at once price

Members don't see this ad.

Declining my OOS seat, good luck to everyone!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I just got my tax return in so I was able to pay the deposit! Officially in as C/O 2024 :love:

• Love
OOS admitted, will be declining! Such a hard decision, it is such a great school. Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hi y’all! Excited to say that I’m joining the K-State fam next year!! Was wondering if anybody had any info about declaring residency in Kansas? I am an oos applicant but I’m hoping there’s a way to pay is tuition for at least part of my time at vet school!

Hi y’all! Excited to say that I’m joining the K-State fam next year!! Was wondering if anybody had any info about declaring residency in Kansas? I am an oos applicant but I’m hoping there’s a way to pay is tuition for at least part of my time at vet school!

You sign a contract saying that you are paying OSS tuition for your entire education. Kansas does not allow people to declare residency if you are here for educational reasons.

Reactions: 1 users
Just declined my OOS spot! Hoping they let whoever is getting my spot know soon! :) Good luck guys!

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know how much the IS waitlist typically moves?

Just accepted my seat!!! Cannot wait!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I am on the waitlist. Wondering if I can be taking my classes pass/fail this semester or if Kansas wants grades?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there upperclassman included in the c/o 2024 Facebook page right now?

Hey guys! I am on the waitlist. Wondering if I can be taking my classes pass/fail this semester or if Kansas wants grades?
Considering K-State is letting us opt for A/P/F for our vet school classes I’d imaging you can but call/ email and ask.

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know how much the IS waitlist typically moves?
I have a friend who was 1st on the IS waitlist for class of 2023 and she got a seat but from what I hear it doesn’t move very much because most people accept their IS seat.

Watching the number of people get added to the KSU facebook group rise:(

Email just sent to OOS Alternates that the class is full

Email just sent to OOS Alternates that the class is full

Anyone else thinking that they’ll call more people once other schools start calling off their waitlists? I mean there must be some people who accepted their spot but are hoping to be pulled off their IS waitlist or top choice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really just don’t understand... historically people always get called off the waitlist.

Anyone else thinking that they’ll call more people once other schools start calling off their waitlists? I mean there must be some people who accepted their spot but are hoping to be pulled off their IS waitlist or top choice...

Probably! But that might not be until the middle of the summer

Man I’m at work currently and I am super bummed out. I hope things change as the other schools start calling as well!

I applied this year, but sadly was not accepted. But, I received an e-mail last week that Kansas is launching a one year master's degree. Anyone with my same fate thinking of applying?
Or-anyone else: what do you think about the new program offered?
I was but I am out of state already so what I think I'll do is reapply to a ton of vet schools this Summer and the one year master program. See where that takes me. Good luck :)

I really just don’t understand... historically people always get called off the waitlist.

Same... rough man. Better luck next cycle </3
That or get pulled off this Summer and have to abruptly move to Kansas. I'd do it though. K state is a dream

Kansas state is accepting pass fail for classes and prereqs! They said so. And VMCAS also sent out an email just today saying that all schools will accept pass/fail in some form or fashion.

Just heard from admissions that I am in the top 1/3 of OOS alternates. Any idea how many people are on the waitlist/ how much mobility the list typically has once the class is full?

Is anyone here that is a second year student? I'm trying to find a time in october to do my wedding next year and wanted to know if there is a break or best time to do it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Is anyone here that is a second year student? I'm trying to find a time in october to do my wedding next year and wanted to know if there is a break or best time to do it!

Here is the 2nd year and 1st year Fall exam schedule looked like last semester. Things might change but at least this gives you an idea of what it was like.

Attachments

• 2nd_year_exam_schedule_Fall.pdf
    226.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 1st_year_exam_schedule_fall.pdf
    67.8 KB · Views: 69
Thanks so much! I've been trying to look online for 3 days and havent found anything

Thanks so much! I've been trying to look online for 3 days and havent found anything

If you google in KSU CVM Student faculty Handbook, then you will find just about anything you need in there. Class Schedules, exams, possible electives, upperclassmen, clubs, etc.

Just heard from admissions that I am in the top 1/3 of OOS alternates. Any idea how many people are on the waitlist/ how much mobility the list typically has once the class is full?
I also was told that I am, and so did two other people I know. So I really have no idea

Me and my fiance turned down spots so good luck!

Me and my fiance turned down spots so good luck!

Did you turn down spots after the deadline or before?

has anyone on the OOS waitlist heard anything?

No but last I checked the fb page there were only 116 people in it. The class is supposed to be 115ish, so I think they must be under... anyone else have thoughts?

No but last I checked the fb page there were only 116 people in it. The class is supposed to be 115ish, so I think they must be under... anyone else have thoughts?

I just noticed that two people (stated above) declined seats so I was hoping someone would hear something today.. but yeah good point!

To the current students: is it possible to get a student assisting job in the teaching hospital, particularly with 2 years of technician experience?

To the current students: is it possible to get a student assisting job in the teaching hospital, particularly with 2 years of technician experience?
Yes! Currently the entire school is under a hiring freeze, but under normal circumstances there are positions available in the ICU, on call surgery techs, on call radiology, etc. They can be competitive, but it's definitely possible even as a first year.

How many students usually drop in the spring? Would like to know transfer options :)

How many students usually drop in the spring? Would like to know transfer options :)

It really varies from year to year, my class lost 6 people fall of first year (half of those due to personal reasons, half due to grades) but none in the spring. I'm not sure of numbers for the classes after mine. Most people consider spring of first year to be easier than the fall, but it just depends on the individuals in each class.

ETA: Keep in mind some people may transfer in at the beginning of the spring semester, we had two transfers from SGU spring of first year. Fall of second year we also gained several people from the c/o 2019, so then we were back up to the number we started with. Unfortunately it's difficult to predict if there will be space open for transfer students.

It really depends on the semester and the class. For my class we did not lose any due to academics the first year (lost 3 to personal reasons). This year so far we have lost 5 or 6 in the Fall semester, gained a few from the year before and gained a transfer from SGU this semester.

I think the year below me lost a few first semester but I am not completely sure on that

Does anyone know who I can contact for an OOS folder review? I know it’s a little later but I have been focusing on finals and time has gotten away from me! Kstate is my dream school so I really wanna make sure I improve my application for this upcoming cycle! I’m currently an alternate but who knows what’ll happen with that!

Does anyone know who I can contact for an OOS folder review? I know it’s a little later but I have been focusing on finals and time has gotten away from me! Kstate is my dream school so I really wanna make sure I improve my application for this upcoming cycle! I’m currently an alternate but who knows what’ll happen with that!

I emailed dee roblyer and she put me in contact with Callie Rost. I’m sure you could just email Dr. Rost directly!

Hi everyone! I haven’t been super active on SDN for a while, but I wanted to chime in here and say congrats to everyone! I am an early admit student at KSU and will be in the class of 2025, so I am just a year behind y’all. Since I’m currently an undergraduate at KSU, feel free to send me any questions about K-State or Manhattan and I’ll answer them to the best of my ability!