Kansas State University c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS alternate

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS Acceptance!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate list. Anyone know how many people usually get put on the alternate list??

Reactions: 2 users
OOS acceptance!!! OMG my heart is racing this is the first US vet school I've been accepted to. I'm so happy rn...

• Love
OOS rejection, but it’s ok because I got an acceptance to Missouri so it’s not the end of the world!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 4 users
OOS acceptance!!!

• Love
OOS acceptance! Congrats everyone !!!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
OOS acceptance!!! Literally walked out of my interview at Minnesota this morning and got the email, I'm so happy :)

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS alternate! I’m a little disappointed but still very happy I’m considered competitive enough to be on the waitlist! It’s my dream school so I’m really hoping I’ll have the opportunity to fill a position!

Reactions: 8 users
OOS alternate. And I felt really good about my interview... Hoping to fill a seat and join you all!

Reactions: 8 users
OOS acceptance!!!! :love:

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Congrats to all those accepted or on the alternate list!!! I’m a current first year (I’m from OOS) and was pulled off the waitlist last year in mid May. Kansas State is a great school. They wouldn’t tell me my rank or how long the waitlist was in total but don’t give up hope. Historically the waitlist seem to move a good bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to all those accepted or on the alternate list!!! I’m a current first year (I’m from OOS) and was pulled off the waitlist last year in mid May. KS dad State is a great school. They wouldn’t tell me my rank or how long the waitlist was in total but don’t give up hope. Historically the waitlist seem to move a good bit.

Do you know of any appropriate actions that can be taken to improve the chance of getting off the alternate list?

Do you know of any appropriate actions that can be taken to improve the chance of getting off the alternate list?
There’s nothing you really can do, it really is just a waiting game. I’d go ahead and get a file review once they are offered just so you can start preparing to reapply. When I got called off the waitlist I had already gotten my file review and began working on my application to reapply. Hope for the best and plan for the worst.

OOS acceptance!!!! So happy I’ve been crying since I received the email!!! Congratulations everyone!!

• Love
I’ve been rereading the email all morning. OOS ACCEPTANCE!!!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
First Post Ever:

OOS accepted!! Second time is the charm!!

• Love
OOS acceptance!! I started crying in a Canadian car rental parking lot on my way to my OVC interview! I guess I should still go, but I will most likely see my fellow Kansas vet students soon <3 I can't wait to meet you all!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
OOS acceptance! 4th application cycle & 3rd interview with KState. Yesterday was such a good day

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Peeps that live in the area, how difficult is it to find housing with multiple pets?

Peeps that live in the area, how difficult is it to find housing with multiple pets?
Anyone remember the name of the apartments that were directly across from the vet school?

It's not too bad, most landlords are happy to work with you especially when you tell them you're a vet student. I got my apartment with the intention of bringing my three cats and was able to look at a lot of properties that were willing to work with me. I ended up leaving my cats at home with my parents but I have 2 bunnies that live with me.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree with @Sylvy05, I just have one pet myself but by classmates with multiple haven't had too much trouble. It might be a little trickier if you have large or "aggressive" breed dogs, but still doable.

Anyone remember the name of the apartments that were directly across from the vet school?
FYI Jardine does not allow pets, unfortunately.

Is there a Facebook page we will be added to for housing once we confirm our spot? Also, anyone else in here still waiting to hear from other schools as well? Are you just going to confirm the spot anyway, or are you waiting? I'm irrationally nervous about the overbooking thing

Is there a Facebook page we will be added to for housing once we confirm our spot? Also, anyone else in here still waiting to hear from other schools as well? Are you just going to confirm the spot anyway, or are you waiting? I'm irrationally nervous about the overbooking thing
I’m waiting to hear back from Iowa State on Feb.15 as that’s my in-state so I won’t put my deposit in until after that.

Also waiting to hear back from additional schools before I make my decision. I hope to confirm my spot somewhere in mid-late March.

there will be a Facebook page but don’t know when they start it or how fast you will be added.

PM me if you find a property management place you like! I've also been researching a place for multiple pets w/ a fenced yard (my 3 yo is convinced she needs to potty every time we make eye contact, yet throws a fit when I put her on a leash :bang: )

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Just throwing it out there now even though it’s super early- me and my fiancé are planning on renting a house and will be looking for a roommate, either 1 person, either sex, or another couple. We have 2 cats and might possibly get a dog.

• Love
OOS accepted!!! So excited!!! Was just curious— does KSU offer an anatomy boot camp before classes officially start ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OOS accepted!!! So excited!!! Was just curious— does KSU offer an anatomy boot camp before classes officially start ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our anatomy professors were working on a pre-anatomy course. I do not know exactly what is becoming of it. They had the current 2nd years volunteer to take the course and see if it helped but I have not heard anything back from it yet and what they are doing with it

does anyone know how many people are on the OOS alternate list?? or how likely it is to still get in?? i just hate waiting and don’t know my chances

does anyone know how many people are on the OOS alternate list?? or how likely it is to still get in?? i just hate waiting and don’t know my chances

I know the year before last they took almost everyone off the alternate list in order to fill the class last year rumor is they only took three. I think it just depends on how many students don’t take the seats they are offered.

I was an alternate last year (c/o 2023) and I got pulled off mid-May. I think the OOS waitlist moved a good bit last year based on talking to people in my class. It's impossible to know how much movement the alternate list will have because it really just depends on the year. K-state doesn't share ranking or even total number of alternates. Good luck to you!

Reactions: 3 users
Damn it, I got placed on the alternate list again. I interviewed once last cycle at KSU, was hoping to get accepted this year but unfortunately it didn't work out. Being selected for alternate is just as bad as being flat out rejected in my opinion. I wonder how they differentiate between those students who get rejected post-interview vs. those who are placed on the alternate list.

I have fall transcripts and will have spring transcripts to send. Does anyone know if I should send the fall ones now, or if I can wait and just send them in spring?

Has anyone received their welcome packet in the mail? Mine hasn’t arrived yet and the email said we should’ve gotten it by the 5th

I haven’t gotten mine yet either.