Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

KCOM or UNE???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by kumar28, Nov 27, 2002.

1. kumar28

kumar28 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Are you all getting sick of these types of questions yet? sorry, but I have to ask another one. Which one of these schools is better in terms of overall education and residency placements? I believe KCOM has a higher pass rate on the COMLEX but what about the USMLE and residency placements?
    :p

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ItNeverEnds

ItNeverEnds Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

We cannot decide which school is best for you. Most osteopathic medical schools have similar board pass rates. Go to the school that fits you best in terms of curriculum, location, and any other factors important to you.

I'd go to UNECOM, as I'm a New Englander and would ultimately like to practice in New England.

4. UNECOM is my favorite...for believe me, residency is great and it fits me more for many other reasons. However, you can't go wrong with KCOM for its strength in OMM and its reputation for producing wonderful DOs.

Just my 1 lucky penny,

:cool:

Good luck.