2022-2023 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am a sophomore who is applying to Still Scholars program at ATSU-KCOM. Any advice or information that you have heard about it? How many people usually apply to the program? or if most people come from affiliate schools/ instate? What average GPA and extracurriculars to be a part of?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 1/6. Received email today saying accepted pending seat with guaranteed seat in 2024. I really liked this school after touring it, but I need to be able to plan for moving and finances by May. Fingers crossed I hear from them before then. Congrats to everyone else who heard back today! Hopefully they start pulling us fast 😊

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I have posted this on the X v Y forum but it didn’t get much traction. I know this isn’t really the place to post this but I’ve been having a lot of trouble deciding whether to attend atsu kcom or Marian. If you chose kcom over marian or really other school I’d love to hear the reasons for why you chose to do so :)

Hey guys, does ATSU KCOM not do Zoom interview option?
Nope, unfortunately it's one of those institutions that demands that everyone show up in person regardless of any personal circumstances or distance needed to travel or money needing to be paid lol

Nope, unfortunately it's one of those institutions that demands that everyone show up in person regardless of any personal circumstances or distance needed to travel or money needing to be paid lol
that tiramisu in your pfp looks glorious. and looks like ill be withdrawing my interview invite lol.

that tiramisu in your pfp looks glorious. and looks like ill be withdrawing my interview invite lol.
hahahahah thanku it is my FAVORITE thing ever. thankfully i live in driving distance from KCOM, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford it either.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody knows how many of these seat pending will be converting to full A this year? And how long we have to wait, will it go all the way to May/June?

Received an interview and will be going in person. Is anyone else here interviewing soon? Are we interviewing for waitlist spots or pending A's?

Received an interview and will be going in person. Is anyone else here interviewing soon? Are we interviewing for waitlist spots or pending A's?
you could get accepted if a spot opens this year or be granted a spot in next years class

I know some schools like MSU have a tiered waitlist. It feels like all the APS people are in a tier 1 waitlist and everyone else is tier 2 waitlist, myself included. From what I've seen everyone in the first-tier waitlist is usually really happy because there's a HUGE chance they will be accepted.

I recently received an interview here but I have been accepted to KCUCOM. What school is better? I don't know if it is worth the travel for interview after I already paid deposit for KCUCOM

I recently received an interview here but I have been accepted to KCUCOM. What school is better? I don't know if it is worth the travel for interview after I already paid deposit for KCUCOM
would choose KCU IMO

Kcu

Waitlisted today . . .

Anyone know if they're close to filling their seats?

Waitlisted today . . .

Anyone know if they're close to filling their seats?
Yes they are full, I was accepted pending seat availability, is that what you got or did you get a true waitlist? Since some spots arent secured with a deposit yet, they will pull from the APS list first, from what others said above.

I got a true waitlist, unfortunately. Not sure if I should keep up any hope of getting here this year. Did not realize there was an APS tier between Accept and Waitlisted.

Still, thanks for the update.

Got the call yesterday that a seat opened up, and have been offered admission to start in July 😊 I couldn’t be happier to have moved from APS status so quickly. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 2 users
Got the call yesterday that a seat opened up, and have been offered admission to start in July 😊 I couldn’t be happier to have moved from APS status so quickly. Best of luck to you all!
Congrats future doc! What due date did they give you to turn in your deposit by?

Reactions: 1 users
That’s awesome, congratulations! Maybe I should cross my fingers like you did!

Congrats!! This school is on of my top choices! When did you interview? Do we think APS movement will happen by interview date or by spot on their list?

Congrats!! This school is on of my top choices! When did you interview? Do we think APS movement will happen by interview date or by spot on their list?
I interviewed 01/06. I loved this school after touring it, and the town is not as small as I had originally feared. They did not tell me anything about why I was pulled from the list, but I think the first round of APS emails went to the people who interviewed 01/06. So it might just be by interview date? Don't quote me on it though :)

That’s awesome, congratulations! Maybe I should cross my fingers like you did!
Thanks! I'm sure they'll be pulling you off real soon. The deposit deadline is February 15th, so probably will be more phone calls after that. You got this!

I interviewed 01/06. I loved this school after touring it, and the town is not as small as I had originally feared. They did not tell me anything about why I was pulled from the list, but I think the first round of APS emails went to the people who interviewed 01/06. So it might just be by interview date? Don't quote me on it though :)
I interviewed in December, so they must have an internal list not based on interview day. But I completely agree about the small town, but not too small. And the tour and everyone on campus was so welcoming! Hoping I hear soon! Congrats again!

Got a pre-II R today, not sure if anyone else is waiting since it seems like their seats are mostly full now but just in case!

Withdrew my APS today as I got an A somewhere else. Hope it goes to one of you!!

Did you submit a letter of intent?

It this your guys’ first choice? If so, why?

Withdrew my application/APS status. Good luck to all you future docs!