2022-2023 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks everyone! After evaluating some factors, I decided to go with LECOM. I withdrew my other acceptances and hope it goes out to you amazing people!! Good luck!
Can I ask what made you give up KCOM?

Members don't see this ad.

Can I ask what made you give up KCOM?
Yes! The location and price were the biggest factors. I’ve lived in a city my whole life and I could not imagine living in such a remote location. Otherwise I think KCOM is a great option!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Off APS today as well! Interviewed 2/6/2023, accepted 4/17/2023

Last edited:
You're invited to my new group 'ATSU-KCOM class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Just putting the accepted students GroupMe on here again in case someone missed it :)

• Care
You're invited to my new group 'ATSU-KCOM class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Just putting the accepted students GroupMe on here again in case someone missed it :)
Do you also wanna post it in the FB group since there are a lot of people there now too

Anyone got off APS recently?? I’m worried about may 15th deadline coming up to pick one school. Idk if I can take the risk of giving up other schools seats if I don’t get off APS by then. :((

Anyone got off APS recently?? I’m worried about may 15th deadline coming up to pick one school. Idk if I can take the risk of giving up other schools seats if I don’t get off APS by then. :((
I thought that after the deadline, you have to commit to one acceptance, but can stay on other waitlists. Is that not the case?

I thought that after the deadline, you have to commit to one acceptance, but can stay on other waitlists. Is that not the case?
If I keep one acceptance and then get off the waitlist from here after the deadline. Can I still choose this school or how would that work? I’m so confused.

If I keep one acceptance and then get off the waitlist from here after the deadline. Can I still choose this school or how would that work? I’m so confused.
If you like that other school so much better and you get a later offer, you can accept it and then withdraw from the school you hold now. You will lose the deposit $$ from school #1

If you like that other school so much better and you get a later offer, you can accept it and then withdraw from the school you hold now. You will lose the deposit $$ from school #1
So I can still withdraw from a school after the deadline??

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes. I was accepted off APS here earlier this month and I’m on a waitlist somewhere else, so if I accept that waitlist offer, I just lose out on the deposit money I put towards ATSU

I mean, they can't force you to attend. You'd just lose the deposit money, I think? The reason schools have such high deposits is to try and deter people from doing this, but if you can afford multiple deposits, then go for it.

According to the calendar on their website, the program start date for class of 2027 is July 17, 2023

Also, just a quick note, I see you have posted the same question on multiple pages. Sometimes admin will remove repetitive posts like this, I've had that happen when I asked the same question on several pages too. Also, this is information you can very easily and very quickly find online without having to wait on a response from someone else on SDN: a simple google search of "[institution name] academic calendar" will do it :)))

I just got an email “checking in” to see where I am at with my applications / if I had selected a school yet because they have interview spots open in “late May”. Didn’t know schools were even still interviewing

I just got an email “checking in” to see where I am at with my applications / if I had selected a school yet because they have interview spots open in “late May”. Didn’t know schools were even still interviewing
Did you ever get the email saying the application cycle was closed? Wondering if they sent the rejection email to everyone or if certain people didn't get it because they are going to offer an interview.

They literally have been sending people APS decisions for months, meaning Accepted Pending Open Seat, meaning they overfilled their class. AND they have people on their waitlist/alternate list. What are they interviewing more people for lol

Did you ever get the email saying the application cycle was closed? Wondering if they sent the rejection email to everyone or if certain people didn't get it because they are going to offer an interview.

Upon first glance at my email it doesn’t look like i got any email about the application cycle being closed? If someone has an exact date this email was sent out i can look closer

Upon first glance at my email it doesn’t look like i got any email about the application cycle being closed? If someone has an exact date this email was sent out i can look closer
I got this email on 4/18 at approximately 11:30am :

"Thank you for submitting an application to A.T. Still University - Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine for the entering Summer 2023 class. At this time, we have concluded interviews and want to let you know your application is being closed.

If you are considering reapplying for the ATSU-KCOM entering Summer 2024 class and would like feedback on how to improve your competitiveness, please reply to this email. AACOMAS will open in May 2023. We encourage you to complete your application far in advance of our February 1 deadline."

I got this email on 4/18 at approximately 11:30am :

"Thank you for submitting an application to A.T. Still University - Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine for the entering Summer 2023 class. At this time, we have concluded interviews and want to let you know your application is being closed.

If you are considering reapplying for the ATSU-KCOM entering Summer 2024 class and would like feedback on how to improve your competitiveness, please reply to this email. AACOMAS will open in May 2023. We encourage you to complete your application far in advance of our February 1 deadline."

Yeah, I don’t think I got that email. So weird that they are doing it this way especially with all the folks on the APS and WL folks?

I will not be going forward with the interview process at this school and I really hope you all hear good news soon!

just got this email:

"Just checking in to see if you have already committed to medical school next year or whether you would be interested in an interview with KCOM?

We have opened a couple of extra interview dates. There are a couple of slots still available on June 2nd. The interviews are in person so you would need to travel to Kirksville, Missouri. If you interview and are accepted by the Admissions Committee, you would be placed on a waitlist. We are anticipating some seats may open up in June so would be filling any open seats with those who interview on June 2nd. If we would not have a seat become available to start in July 2023, you would be offered a seat to start in July 2024 without reapplying.

Let me know if you are interested in receiving an interview invitation!"

Anyone else get this email? are you going to take the opportunity?

just got this email:

"Just checking in to see if you have already committed to medical school next year or whether you would be interested in an interview with KCOM?

We have opened a couple of extra interview dates. There are a couple of slots still available on June 2nd. The interviews are in person so you would need to travel to Kirksville, Missouri. If you interview and are accepted by the Admissions Committee, you would be placed on a waitlist. We are anticipating some seats may open up in June so would be filling any open seats with those who interview on June 2nd. If we would not have a seat become available to start in July 2023, you would be offered a seat to start in July 2024 without reapplying.

My immediate first though is it's probably not worth it. They have been giving people APS decisions for several months now, and also waitlisting people throughout the interview cycle. It's hard to think anyone else would have enough of a fighting chance to warrant travelling there and spending the time and money on it, unless you live nearby and just have the time.

just got this email:

Got this email today except only the very first paragraph

• Haha
LOL BUMP! just got the MOST CASUAL email ever right now:
"Just checking if you have already committed to a medical school for next year or whether you would be interested in interviewing with KCOM?
Donna"

PLSSS what

"Just checking if you have already committed to a medical school for next year or whether you would be interested in interviewing with KCOM?
Donna"

PLSSS what
“Yo you in or nah?”

• Haha
just got this email:

i got this email and went

if they say theres a chance.. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Donna"

PLSSS what
JUST GOT THIS EMAIL TODAY LMAO

Same. I was really surprised. Haven't had luck anywhere else so I accepted and was told I'll hear back soon. Hoping these aren't just waitlist interviews.
I think if you look up in the thread, it says that it's interview for the waitlist.

are there any current students here who I can message? I am still waiting to send my deposit and have some last minute questions. This is my only acceptance but I'm concerned about going somewhere where I've heard not so great things from (heard these things after I sent my app).

are there any current students here who I can message? I am still waiting to send my deposit and have some last minute questions. This is my only acceptance but I'm concerned about going somewhere where I've heard not so great things from (heard these things after I sent my app).
Hi there, I’m a current student here. Happy to answer questions via DM :)