KCUMB vs MSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

backsideattack1

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just want to go to the school that will be better at setting me up for a good career in medicine. Is there really a better school when comparing the two?
 
Last edited:
I don't know if you realized this, but all of these "school x vs school y" threads have been getting moved by the mods to the school specific forum where they belong. Also, most of these threads ultimately end up with a take home message that goes something like this:

-Make a pros and cons list
-It's a personal decision based on so many different factors that are specific to the individual
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know if you realized this, but all of these "school x vs school y" threads have been getting moved by the mods to the school specific forum where they belong. Also, most of these threads ultimately end up with a take home message that goes something like this:

-Make a pros and cons list
-It's a personal decision based on so many different factors that are specific to the individual

👍

Seriously people are really so unobservant?

And what Frky said... KCUMB unless you are from Michigan.
 
I don't know if you realized this, but all of these "school x vs school y" threads have been getting moved by the mods to the school specific forum where they belong. Also, most of these threads ultimately end up with a take home message that goes something like this:

-Make a pros and cons list
-It's a personal decision based on so many different factors that are specific to the individual

Oh my bad, I saw that they were there, but didn't see that they were moved. I guess, mods, please move this to that section. Why choose MSU solely because I am a resident? I just want to know which is the better school and that is how I will choose. Price of tuition is secondary to me.
 
MSUCOMs oos tuition+col is like 80k a year.
KCUMBs is like 55k a year.

If tuition is a secondary concern in this case, there is an issue. Both are fine schools. MSU has a ton of residencies affiliated in MI but you don't want to be in MI so no matter.

Go to the cheaper school.
 
both are equal when it comes to quality and there are a ton of residency programs affiliated with MSU not to@ mention that a ton of the residencies are in michigan in general. plus as you said yourself, KCUMB is $30k more. go MSU.
 
MSUCOMs oos tuition+col is like 80k a year.
KCUMBs is like 55k a year.

If tuition is a secondary concern in this case, there is an issue. Both are fine schools. MSU has a ton of residencies affiliated in MI but you don't want to be in MI so no matter.

Go to the cheaper school.

I am from Michigan. KC would cost about 7-8k per year more and therefore about 30k more after 4 years. I do not mind going away from my home state. I think it would be a nice change of pace and hopefully weather since it sucks here. I just wanted to know which school is better in what areas and for what reasons.

both are equal when it comes to quality and there are a ton of residency programs affiliated with MSU not to@ mention that a ton of the residencies are in michigan in general. plus as you said yourself, KCUMB is $30k more. go MSU.

👍