2023-2024 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, does anyone know what to do in terms of living? I went apartment touring and it seems that every apartment complex I toured starts leasing in August and msucom starts in July. I just want to make sure we’re all on the same page, but msucom has mandatory in person lectures and attendance right? I’d be looking to commute from about an hour and 10 mins away so I wanna make sure ik how many days or so I’d have to drive to EL.

Not sure if lectures are mandatory. OMM and other labs are I think but not sure about lectures

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, does anyone know what to do in terms of living? I went apartment touring and it seems that every apartment complex I toured starts leasing in August and msucom starts in July. I just want to make sure we’re all on the same page, but msucom has mandatory in person lectures and attendance right? I’d be looking to commute from about an hour and 10 mins away so I wanna make sure ik how many days or so I’d have to drive to EL.
There are "subleasing" or "lease takeover" options you have to specifically ask for to be able to move in earlier. Are you on the group me? There a few upperclassmen offering their place to sublease also.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Most OST lectures are recorded and not mandatory. However, you will mostly be taking Anatomy in the summer of your first year, which involves mandatory, in person labs. You will most likely have to attend the open labs too which is obviously in person. I would recommed staying close to campus in the summer as you should expect to spend a lot of time on campus.

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten a post-II R or WL? Based on what I'm seeing it's mostly been pre-II R or post-II A

Members don't see this ad :)
They called me 2 hours ago phone starts with 586 I’m oos

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlist email. Interviewed 2/7. Canadian LM 71.

Anyone know when the waitlist starts to move?

Last edited:
Waitlist email. Interviewed 2/7. Canadian LM 71.

Anyone know when the waitlist starts to move?
I spoke with someone when I was put on the WL back in January, I was told once interviews conclude they'll start going through the WL (like after March). I'm assuming we'll see the most movement when the pick your med school date comes and a lot of people drop for their M.D. acceptances.

Rejected post-interview IS. Interviewed 2/16 and just received an email.

I am genuinely shocked as I thought my interview went extremely well and my interviewer had never interviewed anyone before (which did make it awkward and hard). Was at least expecting WL.

• Sad
  • Care
Rejected post-interview IS. Interviewed 2/16 and just received an email.

I am genuinely shocked as I thought my interview went extremely well and my interviewer had never interviewed anyone before (which did make it awkward and hard). Was at least expecting WL.
Same situation here. Interviewed 2/15 - thought it went well, and just got an R this morning and no WL. Put a huge effort into this school and I am finishing my second degree here this semester.

Rejected post interview Feb 15th. Shocked too since the interviewer told me I did well but its okay! everything works out and im tryna stay positive lol

Got the WL email this morning, interviewed 2/19 IS. Does anyone know how many acceptances come off the WL?

I have an interview coming up, could anybody tell me how long the interview usually lasts? They didn't say anything in the email.

Hi everyone! I wasn't able to attend the admissions overview zoom meeting. Could someone give me a breakdown, or summary on what was discussed? Have my interview on Friday.

Hi everyone! I wasn't able to attend the admissions overview zoom meeting. Could someone give me a breakdown, or summary on what was discussed? Have my interview on Friday.

Wow they still interviewing?

If you are seeing this right now you are lurking on SDN during holiday when you shouldn’t be, I’m guilty of the same thing lol. Everyone please enjoy holiday, we deserve it!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
just got the A, OOS interviewed 3/18

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
For those getting A calls, could you post stats? And what time they called if you remember

People who interviewed 3/11 are waiting like 🤨😩🙃 jkjkjk congratulations to everyone. Has anyone who interviewed 3/11 hear back?

Got in!Called at 4pm. Non Canadian international. LM:69

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Recently I feel like I have only seen OOS acceptances? Do people think they have hit the max for IS? I've seen only IS WL or R recently.

Recently I feel like I have only seen OOS acceptances? Do people think they have hit the max for IS? I've seen only IS WL or R recently.
I swear so many schools are filling their OOS quota first and WL IS people. maybe bc its more likely IS will go there?

IS R, Interviewed 2/26 LM 69.4

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users