2022-2023 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How does Wayne state MD have more movement than MSUCOM?

Reactions: 1 user
How does Wayne state MD have more movement than MSUCOM?

When were you waitlisted?. Based on the GroupMe, it seems like there’s still a lot more people to join. I know not everyone is on SDN so we might not know the real number of people off the waitlist but the cycle is for sure not over yet. There has to be a lot more movement in the next couple weeks since orientation is in about a month

Members don't see this ad :)
When were you waitlisted?. Based on the GroupMe, it seems like there’s still a lot more people to join. I know not everyone is on SDN so we might not know the real number of people off the waitlist but the cycle is for sure not over yet. There has to be a lot more movement in the next couple weeks since orientation is in about a month
Gotcha. Waitlisted in January. How many ppl are there in the GroupMe?

Just got the call right now, In state, they said they have spots open on East Lansing and Macomb

Members don't see this ad :)
I missed their call yesterday- received a voicemail to call back. However- an acceptance email was sent this morning. I am in state- interviewed 3/17 and waitlisted 4/10! I accepted! Good luck luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Got the acceptance email this morning! first choice was macomb campus and got placed there

Any WL movement expected for this week? Or is it too late into the application cycle already?

Any WL movement expected for this week? Or is it too late into the application cycle already?
I was hoping there would still be movement throughout the next couple weeks considering what others have said in this forum.

Awesome! Can you let me know when you get the email?
Thank you! Just got the email. Good luck to everyone, there is still likely to be movement bc they’re making calls later due to the later start date

Dang MSU is my only WL and I have also kind of lost hope but am still wishing for a miracle this week 😭 I haven’t even started on my reapplication and don’t want to think about it till it’s all official

Dang MSU is my only WL and I have also kind of lost hope but am still wishing for a miracle this week 😭 I haven’t even started on my reapplication and don’t want to think about it till it’s all official
Yeah this is my last week of holding on to hope

I GOT MY CALL!!!!!! I GOT MY A!!!!! Ann Snyder called at about 10:30 AM EST. Email came in a few hours after.

For anyone wondering: IS (alum of MSU), 505 MCAT, 3.85 gpa, ORM (MENA).

To everyone: Do not give up hope! It all works out :). And to those reapplying/ applying for the first time: good luck!!! You will all be phenomenal physicians.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
I GOT MY CALL!!!!!! I GOT MY A!!!!! Ann Snyder called at about 10:30 AM EST. Email came in a few hours after.

For anyone wondering: IS (alum of MSU), 505 MCAT, 3.85 gpa, ORM (MENA).

To everyone: Do not give up hope! It all works out :). And to those reapplying/ applying for the first time: good luck!!! You will all be phenomenal physicians.
Were you on 1st tier WL?

Withdrawing my A for a closer program! Hope it goes to one of you wonderful future doctors!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just got a call from Anne! A after being on 2nd tier WL since November!
Truly honored but had to decline the offer, BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE!!

Just got a call from Anne! A after being on 2nd tier WL since November!
Truly honored but had to decline the offer, BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE!!
Congrats and good luck wherever you go!..... but wtf... how did they move to 2nd tier without accepting all of 1st tier?

Congrats and good luck wherever you go!..... but wtf... how did they move to 2nd tier without accepting all of 1st tier?
That's what I'm wondering. What's the point for different tiers then?

Was also accepted off the 2nd tier waitlist 2 days ago, and have just declined the offer. Hope it goes to someone here!

• Care
From the people on the 1st tier WL that are yet to hear back from them, is there anyone IS? It seems that since it is this late, it looks like they are prioritizing IS…

From the people on the 1st tier WL that are yet to hear back from them, is there anyone IS? It seems that since it is this late, it looks like they are prioritizing IS…
IS first tier and yet to hear back

accepted off 2nd tier waitlist td! soooo incredibly happy 😆