2023-2024 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully today will be the day! But probably not

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I know. Has there actually been no openings or have they just not called yet? Anyone have any info? It’s killing me

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know. Has there actually been no openings or have they just not called yet? Anyone have any info? It’s killing me
I'm just holding on to the fact that last year the big movement started at the end of May (according to last years SDN that is). There was a few here and there earlier but not much. idk it helps keep my sanity if I keep telling myself that lol

Reactions: 1 users
Hang in there, folks! We've waited a year we can wait another few days/weeks 💪💪💪💪

Reactions: 2 users
ok I called admissions and they said the WL closes June 24th, that's the last day students could find out if they got in.

Does MSU COM have an official groupme or facebook page created yet? Im an incoming student at CHM but have been having trouble finding another girl in my class to room with since I got off the waitlist a bit later — im hoping i can connect with COM students

Does MSU COM have an official groupme or facebook page created yet? Im an incoming student at CHM but have been having trouble finding another girl in my class to room with since I got off the waitlist a bit later — im hoping i can connect with COM students
check your dms!
If anyone hasn't heard from me, has been accepted, and would like the gm and facebook links, please reach out to me. Also COM is on break this week so keep your eyes out after break for more decisions. Good luck everyone!!
There's both!

Maybe I’m going crazy but I really thought we would see a sign of life by now. Tuesday is going to be May 28th and no movement.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alright let’s hope for some sign of movement this week for anyone!!🤞🏻🤞🏻

Withdrew from the WL this morning. Hoping for movement for y’all!

Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone heard anything or spoke to them regarding the delay this year? It just seems so odd to be so late with nothing?

Has anyone heard anything or spoke to them regarding the delay this year? It just seems so odd to be so late with nothing?
They said June 24th is the last day students will hear if they are accepted but someone else said they called recently and they claim they've been moving the WL daily (which seems odd that no one has reported on here so take that as you will)

what sucks is we don’t know if we need to reapply or not

stupid Q but do we have to withdraw the previous cycle app in order to submit a new application for DO?

I sound like a broken record but maybe tomo/friday! Seems like in the past they let people know on Thursdays or Fridays and if the lady on the phone was right, the committee meets on Thursdays

how many people got off the waitlist from that groupme?
It seems like people are joining daily, but it’s hard to say whether those are WL acceptances or people just finding the link. I know people are leaving the GC at a similar rate though.

Is there still hope for this cycle or are you guys preparing a reapp?

I know someone from undergrad who was accepted off waitlist last year a week before orientation (July), so if you’re waiting on your first acceptance from msucom I wouldn’t give up hope yet!

I am preparing my reapp just in case and submitting it this week hopefully. But I think since we have not heard big waitlist movement as we expected there might be hope the closer we get to the commit deadline for MD and DO schools, so hopefully in July we will see more waitlist movement. I'd recommend you start your reapp though.

I am preparing my reapp just in case and submitting it this week hopefully. But I think since we have not heard big waitlist movement as we expected there might be hope the closer we get to the commit deadline for MD and DO schools, so hopefully in July we will see more waitlist movement. I'd recommend you start your reapp though.
When are the commit deadlines do you know?

Friend just got accepted off the waitlist but he’s not on SDN but just to let you guys know. He is In State.

Reactions: 5 users
Is there that many people getting off the waitlist that aren’t on sdn or are they just behind? I wish I knew that at least.

Is there a group me link that someone can send me? I got the acceptance back in February.

Got off wait list at another school. Willing to make a deal with my studio at Hannah loft- from July through next year. Furnished with washer/ dryer. 10 minutes to walk to class. Covered parking. Rent 1200 but willing to make a deal.

I sent a letter of intent that included updates about 2 months ago. Do people send multiple letters of interest?
I think it's advised not to bombard them and only send a letter if you have a significant update to provide. I sent one about a month ago that included updates and I just reiterated my desire to go here at the end

I think it's advised not to bombard them and only send a letter if you have a significant update to provide. I sent one about a month ago that included updates and I just reiterated my desire to go here at the end
This is what i did too! Thank you guys

Got off wait list at another school. Willing to make a deal with my studio at Hannah loft- from July through next year. Furnished with washer/ dryer. 10 minutes to walk to class. Covered parking. Rent 1200 but willing to make a deal.
DM’d you

Accepted into MSUCOM, Looking for male roommates in the East Lansing campus. Currently have two open bedrooms in my 3 bedroom lease.
DM me if interested.

Accepted into MSUCOM, Looking for male roommates in the East Lansing campus. Currently have two open bedrooms in my 3 bedroom lease.
DM me if interested.
Were you accepted off the waitlist? Or did you mean you were accepted before and now looking for a roommate?