You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
KSU 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This was what I got last year- did not personally hear of anyone getting off of the list but I’m sure it happens! Not going to give you false hope tho I haven’t seen anyone get pulledOOS alternate- what is the likelihood of an interview?
Futureveterinarian29
Full Member
OOS Interview!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If they send out rejections they send out very few. Most applicants are interview waitlistedSo then did they also send out rejections?
OOS interview!
cattybear27
Full Member
they do send out flat rejections at the same time, 2 of my friends last year were rejected without interview alternateSo then did they also send out rejections?
i’ve seen you around, wishing you the best 🖤OOS interview waitlist. I think that's it for me this year. Good luck everyone!
clementine21
Full Member
OOS alternate :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futurevetgirl03
Full Member
OOS alternate 🙁
OOS interview waitlist :/ At least it’s not a rejection lol
OOS alternate interview 😓 welp, 7 more vet schools to go...
All I need is one yes 😔
All I need is one yes 😔
hazysea
Full Member
Does your link work to RSVP?OOS interview!
Mine doesn't, it says survey expired...?Does your link work to RSVP?
hazysea
Full Member
Mine too! I emailed and she said she was going to look into it this weekend 🫡Mine doesn't, it says survey expired...?
artemia
Full Member
Mine's not working either, I'm sure they'll send an updated one soon! Thanks for emailing and asking!!Mine too! I emailed and she said she was going to look into it this weekend 🫡
cattybear27
Full Member
They didn’t do individual file reviews last year for non-interviewers, but they did a group zoom meeting where they talked about what they are looking for as a whole and stats of the class they admitteddoes KSU do file reviews? i already know what they’re going to say is wrong with my app, because i met with the dean this past summer but still, i’d like confirmation on what they think i can improve on
Futuredmvdvm
Full Member
OOS alternate interview :’) it’s all good tho ,I never even thought I’d make it this far. Best of luck to those who got an interview!! 🫶[emoji2534]
smallclawedotter
KSU CVM c/o 2029, hopeful future DACVSMR
IS interview! Good luck to everyone, for K-state and elsewhere!!!
jreissatia
Full Member
For those that received an interview invite, what are your stats? I got waitlisted for an interview 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cumulative GPA: 3.86For those that received an interview invite, what are your stats? I got waitlisted for an interview 🙁
Science GPA: 3.93
Last 45: 3.90
Vet hours: ~1,500
research: ~600
animal: ~2,000
volunteer: ~200
sorry i originally responded to this but i read it wrong so i deleted my reply, i apologize!For those that received an interview invite, what are your stats? I got waitlisted for an interview 🙁
For those that received an interview invite, what are your stats? I got waitlisted for an interview 🙁
Overall 3.75
Science 3.83
Last 45 3.94
Suppeerrrr equine based experience. Like 10k+ in equine animal exp and 1000 equine therio vet hours and 250 equine surgical/regular med hours
100 hours as a spay neuter tech doing surgical prep (intubating, running anesthesia, etc)
100 research hours
1500+ leadership hours (managed a petco)
10000+ work hours unrelated
Most of my experience is super hands on like physically palpating and lavaging mares, collecting stallions, assisting doc with xyz. Im not sure if that matters much but it definitely was an area of emphasis for me in my essays.
I emailed Dr. Rost about that. I asked how long the list is and if there is internal ranking or if it is randomized.Does anyone know if there is a ranking system for the alternative interview?
futurevetgirl03
Full Member
That would be nice to know.I emailed Dr. Rost about that. I asked how long the list is and if there is internal ranking or if it is randomized.
catlover1029
MS student, 2nd time applicant
OOS waitlist. Honestly just glad it’s not a straight rejection!! I’ll take anything and just say it’s not over until it’s over! Good luck everyone [emoji3526]
dogtorelgan
Full Member
OOS alternative [emoji29]
shadysadie
Full Member
OOS alternate 🙁
hockeytaxi
Full Member
OOS alternate
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RSVP link is working now!
shadysadie
Full Member
Im an alternatewould anyone who was also interview alternate be willing to share stats with me? you can dm them too and i’ll share mine 🖤
Overall GPA: ~3.6
Science GPA: ~3.4
Last 45: ~3.7
Vet hours: ~2000 (mostly small GP but some equine and shelter med speciality)
Animal hours: ~3000
Research hours: ~500 (did my own project and I’m an author on another and worked in the lab)
Only a handful of scattered non animal volunteer hours
Those are some good stats, I hope you get an interview! 🥹Im an alternate
Overall GPA: ~3.6
Science GPA: ~3.4
Last 45: ~3.7
Vet hours: ~2000 (mostly small GP but some equine and shelter med speciality)
Animal hours: ~3000
Research hours: ~500 (did my own project and I’m an author on another and worked in the lab)
Only a handful of scattered non animal volunteer hours
shadysadie
Full Member
Thanks 🥹 if not there are still other schools to hear back from!Those are some good stats, I hope you get an interview! 🥹
Similar threads
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K