LECOM - Bradenton Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm currently a LECOM Erie postbac student and we have a new wellness center opening up (late Feb) which is medically integrated as well. I was just curious to see if Bradenton had the same facility or was going to open one up soon. If not, it is good to know that there are plenty of courts available for us to play on, especially since the weather is nice year round. I should find out the official word of me getting in by Thursday or Friday so I can't wait for that. Hopefully there is enough interested bradenton students to run regular pick up games for basketball!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I can't to wait to apply to Lecom-B DO program. Another year for me. Just decided to finish all pre-reqs and study hard for MCAT 'til Fall this year. I am a computer sciences major and have most of pre-reqs done except organic chems and Psycology(I only have one social sciences class(Sociology) not sure if humanities classes count). I am also going to take genetics, biochem and probably another higher level course. I also have Anatomy & Physiology(combined class with labs) done with a "C" though :(

Any suggestions? :)

I'm currently a LECOM Erie postbac student and we have a new wellness center opening up (late Feb) which is medically integrated as well. I was just curious to see if Bradenton had the same facility or was going to open one up soon. If not, it is good to know that there are plenty of courts available for us to play on, especially since the weather is nice year round. I should find out the official word of me getting in by Thursday or Friday so I can't wait for that. Hopefully there is enough interested bradenton students to run regular pick up games for basketball!!!

Nothing in the works as far as I know. YMCA is next door, and there's a good sized gym about 5-10min away that a lot of students go to.

But there are a couple "organized" groups who go and play basketball and soccer each week so plenty of opportunity to stay active.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't to wait to apply to Lecom-B DO program. Another year for me. Just decided to finish all pre-reqs and study hard for MCAT 'til Fall this year. I am a computer sciences major and have most of pre-reqs done except organic chems and Psycology(I only have one social sciences class(Sociology) not sure if humanities classes count). I am also going to take genetics, biochem and probably another higher level course. I also have Anatomy & Physiology(combined class with labs) done with a "C" though :(

Suggestions of things to take?

Embryo would help. Histology, if it's a good class. Some type of pharm class would be good...just to get exposure to it. My school had a throwaway class called "Medicine Chemistry and Drug Design" that was pretty good and not even remotely hard, but still gave exposure to things like Clearance, Kd, and other pharm stuff.

A Physiology class will work wonders for you. Especially if it's a good, HARD one. Learn as much of this stuff as you can. It'll help for the MCAT too.

Hey it did help. I'm going to do some more searching however I am pleased to say I was just accepted to the 2013 Class of LECOM-Bradenton!!

Suggestions of things to take?

Embryo would help. Histology, if it's a good class. Some type of pharm class would be good...just to get exposure to it. My school had a throwaway class called "Medicine Chemistry and Drug Design" that was pretty good and not even remotely hard, but still gave exposure to things like Clearance, Kd, and other pharm stuff.

A Physiology class will work wonders for you. Especially if it's a good, HARD one. Learn as much of this stuff as you can. It'll help for the MCAT too.

Thanks! Do you know any IT-undergrad majors that are currently attending LECOM-B? What are my chances of getting in DO program with BS in computer science? I'm hoping to score high 20/low 30 on MCAT and will probbaly get As in all pre req courses I'll be taking starting this summer? No healthcare/patientcare experience though.

I am trying to get some volunteer jobs at a local hospital. Let's see how it goes. I an easily arrange MS/D.O. shadowing though.

You should look into whether your humanities classes count. I wasn't sure and I sent some course descriptions to heather and I ended up having everything covered. With all the other classes you seem to have to take next year you may as well see if you can avoid taking extra ones.

Thanks! Do you know any IT-undergrad majors that are currently attending LECOM-B? What are my chances of getting in DO program with BS in computer science? I'm hoping to score high 20/low 30 on MCAT and will probbaly get As in all pre req courses I'll be taking starting this summer? No healthcare/patientcare experience though.

I am trying to get some volunteer jobs at a local hospital. Let's see how it goes. I an easily arrange MS/D.O. shadowing though.

I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are some. We get people from all walks of life. LECOM-B is very open minded in that regard, and that shouldn't hurt your chances at all.

The main criteria here (I think) is to be a good candidate for PBL. That means interested in that type of curriculum, self-motivated, good in groups, good on your own, all around nice person, etc.

A good MCAT score is important. Our stats go up every year and it shows no signs of stopping. With the reputation this place has been getting, competition has gotten pretty fierce.

Definitely scour for some type of health care experience. You don't need much, but most people that I know here have some. I was an ER scribe and it was awesome. There's a couple other scribes here. Paramedics/EMT's, Office people, Med Tech, Phlebotomy, all kinds of stuff. Some of it requires training...some doesn't. Definitely do a crapload of shadowing if you can't do anything else.

Good luck!

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I was invited to interview at LECOM-B on March 9th. Does anyone with a recent interview know how many spots are left and/or have some idea of how long they will be offering spots? thanks!

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I was invited to interview at LECOM-B on March 9th. Does anyone with a recent interview know how many spots are left and/or have some idea of how long they will be offering spots? thanks!

Someone on the last page of this thread said that they were told that 2/3 of the class had been filled...so...

We take ~160/year I think, so there should be about 50 spots left, if that number is accurate...

You're certainly going to be in the running for an actual spot, I would think...

Thanks, digitlnoize! I appreciate it. That is very good to hear.

Yes, I got the official word of acceptance today! Looking forward to seeing you guys there!
:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey francheezy, you're on a roll. Nice job!!

I have a few more questions about the postbacc program.

1. The classes run from 2:30-6:00. Is that continuous or are there breaks and are the classes all lecture based?

2. I understand that you are guaranteed an interview provided you achieve a certain level of performance on the MCAT and during the first semester of courses. Have you seen the school particularly receptive to the students who have shown an interest in the school, achieved the requirements noted, and interviewed? Or is interviewing the qualified students seen by some (faculty, staff, and students) as merely a formality? (this question comes from a presentation done by LECOM in the past where I noted that the unplaced students steadily rose over the years noted while the other placement rates fluctuated and in some cases, decreased. You can see this here: http://www.aacom.org/events/annualmtg/past/2007aacom/AACOM07Poster/15-Nassiri-Global.pdf

3. Is an interview required to get accepted to the postbacc program?

4. Does the school offer any type of financial aid other than the stafford loans? Are there work-study programs, grants, or scholarships available?

5. Finally, would you recommend this program to someone who has a biomedical science degree and has a competitive gpa, but not the greatest MCAT score (22O) and may need to brush up on some upper level science courses, since its been about 9 years since graduation? Or would you recommend taking some upper level courses at a local college or university?

I am attracted to the program, but I am hesitant because I don't want drag my family to Erie and invest the time and money into it only to find out that it doesn't get me any closer to my goal than doing something else. I'm 38 years old and I'm not getting any younger. Therefore, I can't afford to waste any time. You've been a big help so far. Thanks again.

Unfortunately, this thread is for LECOM-B, and we don't have a post-bacc program. I don't know much at all about Erie, except that it's really fraking cold.

There is a LECOM-Erie thread you can try.

Unfortunately, this thread is for LECOM-B, and we don't have a post-bacc program. I don't know much at all about Erie, except that it's really fraking cold.

There is a LECOM-Erie thread you can try.

OOPS!!I had two browsers open and I posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry.

Hey everyone... I have an interview on Monday (16th) and was just wondering if anyone had any last minute suggestions? What should I expect? Also, did people bring notebooks of any kind to the interviews? Thanks.

Hey everyone... I have an interview on Monday (16th) and was just wondering if anyone had any last minute suggestions? What should I expect? Also, did people bring notebooks of any kind to the interviews? Thanks.

If you haven't already, go through some of the interview feedback reviews for an idea of what sort of questions they ask. If they haven't changed it much, then they usually ask most of the same questions. For me (2 years ago) they pretty much went down a list of questions, so it was pretty relaxed and not too stressful, but definitely wasn't conversational. That may depend on who you have and ya'll get off on a tangent or something.

I think a lot of people bring some sort of professional type meeting folder/planner type of thing. I'd say go for it if you just want it for any notes you want to take.

Good luck, it's fairly straight forward. Just look around on this site for the sort of questions they ask.

I'm guessing you'll probably be sitting in on a 1st year pbl session as we have a test next week and no pbl. That said, all the 2nd years have a huge test next friday so we may seem a little more stressed out than normal. :D

So my husband and I are flying out the last weekend of Feb to house hunt. I'm not familiar with the area at all. I know Lakewood Ranch looks like a really nice area, but odds are my husband will need to work in Tampa or St Pete, so someplace between the two might be a good choice (Parish?Ellenton?).

Any suggestions on good cities/areas would be appreciated. I have kids in elementary school, so school system, family friendliness, and safety are all high priorities for us. Thanks for any input!

So my husband and I are flying out the last weekend of Feb to house hunt. I'm not familiar with the area at all. I know Lakewood Ranch looks like a really nice area, but odds are my husband will need to work in Tampa or St Pete, so someplace between the two might be a good choice (Parish?Ellenton?).

Any suggestions on good cities/areas would be appreciated. I have kids in elementary school, so school system, family friendliness, and safety are all high priorities for us. Thanks for any input!

Whether it's Tampa or St Pete could make a big difference. Just thinking solely about schools and safety aspects Lakewood Ranch area, pretty much east of I-75 will probably be one of your better bets. I'd stay away from Palmetto. I'd say Ellenton is little better than Palmetto area but it's only like 10 min distance between living there and Lakewood Ranch area. Not familiar with Parrish area.

There's really not a whole lot between this area and St Pete or Tampa. If he works in Tampa there's always Brandon, then you'll have a fairly long drive, but if he switches to St. Pete then he has to fight getting through Tampa.

If he works in St. Pete then you could somewhere in St. Pete right near the interstate so then you're drive maybe like 30 min or so. If do that you should look carefully as that area can be hit or miss.

My wife worked in Tampa and now works in Clearwater area and her commute is just over 50 min (up to 1hr) and pretty much all interstate so it's not horrible.

But without knowing whether he'll be in Tampa or St Pete I can't think of any real decent areas between there and here. When you leave Bradenton and head north it only takes maybe 10-15min until you come to point where you either head west on 275 towards St Pete or continue north on 75 to go on to Tampa, so they're kind of in different directions. And even if you lived in Tampa and he worked in St Pete he may STILL have a 50min commute just because of the traffic.

Hey everyone... I have an interview on Monday (16th) and was just wondering if anyone had any last minute suggestions?

From someone who interviewed just a few months ago:

1) Get there early. I was exactly on time and everyone was there already.

2) The entrance is on the left hand (and slightly to the back) of the school building when you come off Lakewood Ranch Blvd.

3) You will wait for a minute for some admissions person to meet you in the security office. Not that security is a problem, its just how they do things.

4) I did bring a portfolio. I used it to write down 5 words total. They will give you a folder with all the info in it. They do give you an article to read and ask you about it in the interview ("Tell us about the article"). No big deal. Mine was about vitamins.

5) The interview is really just to get to know you. They only interview people who meet the academic criteria.

6) Pay attention in the PLB session! It is the main method of teaching at Bradenton. You have to picture yourself in a group like that 3 times a week.

7) Beware of the clowns! Lots of clown art all over the place!

8) Go to the beach! It's a short drive away and is a great way to end your interview day. The sunset on the gulf is amazing!
DSC02046.JPG

Hope that helps! Feel free to PM me/ post here with any other questions. I am in the business of helping others ;) :claps:

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed response Howard, as well as nlax30... I'll definitely get an early start! I can just imagine my stress of rushing to be on time carrying with me to my interview... Another quick question. When do the actual interviews take place? I heard that they split half the students up to go in the morning and half in the afternoon, is that how it worked for you? Thanks again. God I'm nervous! first ever interview...

Order of Interview day (for me at least): 8AM> Welcome Talk >PBL Overview > Interviews > Financial Aid talk> Lunch w. Students > tour> Closing presentations (housing, community, Q&A, etc) >2PM. Most interviews were over by 10am.

There are several interview teams (two professors) who interview students, so people in your group will be interviewing at the same time, but with different profs. It's a solo interview. Really, don't freak out about the interview. I guarantee it will be one of those things you look back on and think "why did I get so worked up about that?" Do pay attention to the PBL and make sure you want to spend 2 years learning like that. If not, then the interview won't really matter. Also, be objective. The interview is just as much about the school evaluating you as it is about you evaluating the school. O, last thing - make an effort to talk to the other interviewees. It's a good way to pass time and also get to know who you will potentially be going to school with next year.

I live about 65 miles south of Lakewood ranch. I am hoping to go to school at LECOM in about 3 years. But when you come house hunt you may be able to find something in Sarasota. Wonderful school system to my knowledge and I would think with traffic same distant south than north to tampa.

Look at www.greatschools.net, and then find houses in neighborhoods in school districts you like. Parrish and Ellenton both have some halfway decent schools, but Lakewood Ranch rocks. What's another 10 minutes, right?

Hello. I am new here.. I have a question for those who apply both LECOM in Lake Erie and Bradenton...
Are the supplemental application questions for both school the same?
Thank you..please reply back soon:)

Hello. I am new here.. I have a question for those who apply both LECOM in Lake Erie and Bradenton...
Are the supplemental application questions for both school the same?
Thank you..please reply back soon:)

Yes they are.

Thanks for the input guys. I loved what I say of Lakewood Ranch, it was an awesome place for sure. My only concern about that was 3rd and 4th year. I figured the likelihood was that I would be doing rotations in the Tampa area, so that combined with my husband's job prospects made Tampa seem like a wise choice. Anyway, I'm just excited to come out to FL in Feb!! It's still COLD here!

You shouldn't have a problem in staying around here for 3rd/4th years. Come June we'll move up to St Pete area as we'll be closer to her work and with the exception of 3 rotations back down in Bradenton and 1 in Tampa all mine are in St Pete/Clearwater area.

Electives of course may be anywhere as you'll want to do rotate at possible residency locations so we've already come to conclusion that for those I'll just have to spend that month away when I need to.

Hi everyone,

I have my first interview with LECOM-B on Feb. 23, and I'm a little nervous.
In regards to the SDN interview feedback, should I go thru every single post, or just the one from this current cycle? Also, should I prepare answers in a categorial way? I was reading one of the Interview articles, and it said that you can't prepare for all the questions, so you should categorize your answers into different topic questions. How long should it take to prepare?

Thanks

http://www.studentdoctor.net/2007/0...nterview-preparation-interview-advice-column/

Gathering Information
One of the most important initial preparations is discovering what you bring to the table. What qualities will carry you through medical school and contribute to your becoming an excellent physician? In essence, this is the material you will convey during the interview. It is the information you are using to substantiate your candidacy. I view each relevant experience or characteristic as a piece of gold. Gathering usable information is like mining. It requires spending time to take an inventory of who you are and what you’ve done in life. Once you’ve collected this information, sift through it and single out the most relevant and important facts. These will best demonstrate how and why you will make an amazing medical student and future physician.
Unfortunately, there is far more detail on the subject of gathering your personal information than this forum allows. Nevertheless, here are a few categories to help you get started in your quest for gold:
* List your strengths and weaknesses
* List the reasons why you want to be a doctor
* List your travels and the important things you learned from them
* List the challenging times in your life, how you dealt with them and what you learned
* List your hobbies or extracurricular activities
* List the positive things that make you unique

I forgot to ask if someone knows where the commonly asked interview questions for LECOM-B is located? A friend told me that it was a 7 question sheet.

Thanks.

Hi Maria,

It sounds like you are really preparing hard for this interview. I interviewed back in October and my advice to you is the same as it has been to everyone - relax!! It really isn't that bad.

They will give you an article to read, if you had decent enough grades to earn an interview believe me, you will have no trouble understanding the article. During the interview they will ask you about the article briefly and then a few questions. Mine were focused on personality/communication skills.

They are looking to see how you handle conflict since you will be in a group learning environment. They want to see if you can be an independent learner. These, in my opinion, are the key issues at Lecom-B. They asked if I like to read, they asked how one can effectively communicate. That was it, no curve balls. Just straight forward. I didn't walk out of there thinking I had made two new best friends, one was very hard to read. But in the end, they must have liked my answers. Bottom line - don't freak out too much.

You know yourself, you know what you have accomplished. There is no need to prepare a heavy list of what you have done. Just be natural. Best of luck!!!

You should look into whether your humanities classes count. I wasn't sure and I sent some course descriptions to heather and I ended up having everything covered. With all the other classes you seem to have to take next year you may as well see if you can avoid taking extra ones.

definitely avoid classes you don't need....unless you're sure you can pull an A out of them. if you're taking them just for your knowledge for med school....stop! except for biochem, I wouldn't take any upper level stuff. they'll tell you everything you need to learn. but if you're really a gunner and must start....PM me and I'll send you a topic list but honestly, just enjoy your time off until school starts. for now, concentrate on the mcat, that'll be your biggest hurdle! good luck

I'm looking to apply to LECOM-B here within the next two years as I work on my pre-reqs. Does anybody know how they are on accepting nurses in their program? And is there any previous nurses out there that are going to LECOM right now that have any suggestions? Does LECOM look down upon nurses wanting to go to DO school?
jen- LECOM is nurse friendly! :thumbup: there are 2 RN's in my class (I am one), 3 EMT's, a handful of techs/clerks, 1 chiropractor, 1 massage therapist. I'd say 10% had a professional career before school. the nurse angle gives you a major adv in PBL b/c you've already seen these cases in the ER/ICU but there are some faults of being a health care provider before starting. I had a few other RN's ask me the same question with long discussions. feel free to PM me and I'll cut/paste what I told them

I found out yesterday I was put on the waitlist. Anyone have any suggestions for what I could do that might help me get off the waitlist?

I found out yesterday I was put on the waitlist. Anyone have any suggestions for what I could do that might help me get off the waitlist?

The typical advice is to ace all your remaining classes (if you have them), stay in touch with the school, appear interested without appearing annoying, write a letter of intent (I will go to school x if accepted, you're awesome, blah blah blah), do more volunteering, invent an artificial organ or two, cure aids, cure cancer, and most importantly, be patient.

You could also contact admissions (they're really nice) and ask them what you can do to improve your chances. Also ask your position on the waitlist. It might just take time.

Does anyone know how full the class is? My status on the portals is that my application will be rereviewed end of february? I have not been called for an interview yet. What are my chances for an interview invite? honestly

See above in the thread. Best guess is ~50 spots left.

I was hoping if some current med students could shine in. I interviewed last Friday, but we didn’t get to see a PBL session because there was some sort of seminar. I get the gist of PBL, but how do you guys know you aren’t going TOO off track? I mean in college, we have lecture notes, practice tests and suggested readings, but how do you know what you’re supposed to be looking more into with PBL? And wouldn't every group come up with several different "learning issues?"

I was hoping if some current med students could shine in. I interviewed last Friday, but we didn't get to see a PBL session because there was some sort of seminar. I get the gist of PBL, but how do you guys know you aren't going TOO off track? I mean in college, we have lecture notes, practice tests and suggested readings, but how do you know what you're supposed to be looking more into with PBL? And wouldn't every group come up with several different "learning issues?"

What follows is from a post at the top of the last page (p 19) of this thread. It should address your questions about PBL.

Not really. Here's what happens:

At the end of each case, each group selects "Learning Issues". Some groups will pick more than others, but for the most part, it seems the average is around 5-ish.

Let's say our patient had a heart problem. So, ALL groups will definitely pick:

1. Heart Anatomy
2. Heart Phys Ch. 9, 10, 11
3. Heart Path

From there, there can be a little variation, but we've all pretty much read the same things, we just might pick different things to be tested on...

So, one group might pick, say, Cholesterol biochem. Or, Beta blocker pharm. Or, histology of the heart. Or...you get the idea.

The cases do a REMARKABLE job of steering you toward the correct learning issues. It's really kind of a "duh" process.

For example: Today, I got a Lab Result for Thyroid Hormones. I know ZERO about the thyroid. Now, guess what I'm gonna do. Read about the Thyroid. The cases almost wind up acting like a syllabus, in a way...

It's really hard to "miss" something, unless you're just sitting at home all day playing Guitar Hero, in which case, you'll probably fail.

IF you do miss something: about 1 week before the test, we get sent a spreadsheet of what chapters each group picked. For the most part, all the groups are in agreement with each other. Again, there might be one random group that picked Immune Chapter 1 or something weird, but mostly, we agree.

If you're the only group that didn't pick a certain topic, you can expect it to be on your test anyways. For example, my group didn't pick Blood Histo for our last case. We just got a friendly email asking why we didn't when everyone else did (i.e. it'll be on your test whether you pick it or not).

Our answer: "Because we picked Pharm instead"...which no one else did. So now we wind up with Histo and Pharm...no biggie.

Anyways...bottom line, is that it's really, really hard to "miss" something.

There's also alot of discussion amongst your classmates: "what'd you pick?", "what should I read?" "Check out Ch. X, it's awesome!" -type things...

Last edited:
I was hoping if some current med students could shine in. I interviewed last Friday, but we didn't get to see a PBL session because there was some sort of seminar. I get the gist of PBL, but how do you guys know you aren't going TOO off track? I mean in college, we have lecture notes, practice tests and suggested readings, but how do you know what you're supposed to be looking more into with PBL? And wouldn't every group come up with several different "learning issues?"

I had the same concern. Check out this thread MSmentor018, a really cool person I might add, provided me a few pages back.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=410585

I am currently a post-bacc. student at LECOM-E and PBL is my first choice. I hope to do it in Bradenton, but wanted to know how current LECOM-B students felt about their anatomy instruction. It is rumored that anatomy is going to be completely virtual for all of LECOM's PBL programs. I was wondering how anatomy was taught this past year, and if cadavers will truly be available for students at the Florida campus?

Hey DocShow, I am considering doing the postbacc program at LECOM. What are your views of it? Do you like the program and would you recommend it? How would you rate the quality of education in the program? Did you get an interview yet? If so, were you accepted?

I am currently a post-bacc. student at LECOM-E and PBL is my first choice. I hope to do it in Bradenton, but wanted to know how current LECOM-B students felt about their anatomy instruction. It is rumored that anatomy is going to be completely virtual for all of LECOM's PBL programs. I was wondering how anatomy was taught this past year, and if cadavers will truly be available for students at the Florida campus?

As far as I know anatomy here in Bradenton is still going to be a 10 week course using prosected cadavers. And I even think they'll be getting a couple more bodies to use starting next year.

I've heard that at the new Seton campus that it'll be some virtual anatomy curriculum but nothing is changing here.

I was very happy with our anatomy class. I felt that the lecturers were very, very good. There's been alot of studies done on prosections vs. disections, but no clear advantage has been found for either style.

I certainly didn't feel like I was "missing" something by doing the prosections. If anything, it gave me more time to study!

I'm not a huge fan of our "Lab" time, but only because there's so many people for so few bodies. I much preferred coming in later or earlier in the day when no one was there and poking around in the bodies then.

Regarding the number of cadavers. We had 4. This is because the State of Florida considers us a Penn. school, and won't give us any more than that. I honestly don't feel like it was a problem...lab time was a little crowded...here's how it works.

They give us a bunch of lab exercises (powerpoints). Lots of slides asking "What's this structure" (arrow). So, during lab, ~60-70% of the people in lab (~75) work on their labs. The other 30-40% go look at bodies while the professors are there to answer questions.

I did both. Sometimes I'd do labs...other times go watch the professors explain something, or dig around myself and ask questions. I usually preferred looking at cadavers after hours (you have access to them from open to close 6:30am-11pm) because it was much less crowded.

It's not uncommon to find the lab completely empty when lab isn't going on, so it's not a problem at all seeing everything on every cadaver. Just don't wait until the night before the test. It'll be crowded then.

But again, our faculty are awesome, lectures were 95% awesome, cadavers were expertly dissected by our russian KGB super-doc, and I learned alot. We also revisit anatomy ALOT during PBL. I've been retested on the heart (3x), lungs (2x), kidney (2x), and abdomen (2x) so far.

I got a call last week and I'm interviewing March 16th. Anybody else?

I keep checking in on this thread (hoping for that eureka moment) trying to make up my mind on where to go to school. You Bradenton students do such a good job at describing the program, better than most threads for other schools. So thanks for your time. It says much about a school when the students are willing to take time and share about the program.

I keep checking in on this thread (hoping for that eureka moment) trying to make up my mind on where to go to school. You Bradenton students do such a good job at describing the program, better than most threads for other schools. So thanks for your time. It says much about a school when the students are willing to take time and share about the program.

Thanks! No problem. I thought the exact same thing when I was applying last year about nlax, scpod, etc. Guess I'm just trying to "give something back"...