LECOM Dental Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I just got an acceptance email. I interviewed early but then never heard anything on Dec 1. I am declining the offer because I am attending school somewhere else.
Congrats anyways! Guess I’ll be waiting around till the next round :/

Members don't see this ad.

I also was accepted today. Interviewed in August and will be declining. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What is the interview day schedule look like? How much of that time is actually interviewing vs. presentations?

Congrats, when did you apply, and what is your stats, please?
Interview #1
School:
LECOM
Notification date: 2/3
Method of notification: email
Residency:
OOS (Ohio)
Application complete date: 1/25
GPA (science, overall):
3.56, 3.52
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/23/19/ No (all 19 and above)
Dates available OR your interview date: 3/10 (3/10 is the earliest date)
Method of interview: Virtual
I applied on 1/25 bc all the other schools I applied to either haven't heard back from or got rejected. My application was completed on 2/2.

Is it weird that we only receive two weeks to accept the offer for wave 2 and 3? Aren't we supposed to have 30 days for any acceptances offered in January according to ADEA guidelines? I'm so confused and wonder why I can't find anyone else talking about this

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it weird that we only receive two weeks to accept the offer for wave 2 and 3? Aren't we supposed to have 30 days for any acceptances offered in January according to ADEA guidelines? I'm so confused and wonder why I can't find anyone else talking about this

You received an acceptance today? Do you mind if I asked when you interviewed?

Interview #1
School:
LECOM
Notification date: 2/3
Method of notification: email
Residency:
OOS (Ohio)
Application complete date: 1/25
GPA (science, overall):
3.56, 3.52
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/23/19/ No (all 19 and above)
Dates available OR your interview date: 3/10 (3/10 is the earliest date)
Method of interview: Virtual
I applied on 1/25 bc all the other schools I applied to either haven't heard back from or got rejected. My application was completed on 2/2.
Thanks

Rutgers did the same to me.

Anyone else’s status still say this in their LECOM portal? Do they have a waitlist yet?

Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made

Reactions: 1 users
Received an interview invite this morning. Going to decline. Good luck

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else’s status still say this in their LECOM portal? Do they have a waitlist yet?

Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made
Mine is: Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made.

Can you share your stats, please? And when did you apply?
Engineering major (career switch)

Gpa:3.3
Dat TS: 18
Dat orgo: 20
Dat bio:20
Dat gen chem:15
Dat AA: 18
Applied: early August

Just so you know, stats aren’t the only thing that determines if you get an interview or acceptance. Your application is important. I had a great application, but my stats aren’t all that great relative to science majors… Also, my transcript shows that I can take a full course load between 18-20 credits

Just so you know, stats aren’t the only thing that determines if you get an interview or acceptance. Your application is important. I had a great application, but my stats aren’t all that great relative to science majors… Also, my transcript shows that I can take a full course load between 18-20 credits
Thanks for your response. For sure your application is great and your stats is good.

I don't know how you got an interview with a score of 15 in gen chem, they have a minimum requirements of 16 for every section.

Plus, it different thread you said that ur scores are: So.....I have doubts haha
1644458035562.png

Last edited:
I don't know how you got an interview with a score of 15 in gen chem, they have a minimum requirements of 16 for every section.

Plus, it different thread you said that ur scores are: So.....I have doubts haha
View attachment 349894
That was a typo. I got a 15 on gen chem…
some schools have a minimum 16 for each individual section. LECOM did not have that requirement. I called them before I paid money to apply… Schools tend to look at AA & TS, not individual

I applied to 8 schools and 4 interview invites… only interviewed at 3 and got into 2…

Last edited:
Mine is: Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made.
Hello all

I am still waiting for a positive LECOM dental admission. Status still show "Your file is under review...."

got an invite to an interview, but denied. Forgot to withdraw my app. Good luck to whoever gets mine!

Hello all

I am still waiting for a positive LECOM dental admission. Status still show "Your file is under review...."
My status still says “none” and I interviewed in August of 2021. Does that mean anything?

I applied with a 3.75 gpa and a 22 dat back in august and still haven’t received any interview or update whatsoever.

Any news with acceptances recently? Nobody is talking about them on the Facebook interview group nor on this SDN page. The only indicator is the Lecom facebook group which gained like 20 members in the course of last month lol

Any news with acceptances recently? Nobody is talking about them on the Facebook interview group nor on this SDN page. The only indicator is the Lecom facebook group which gained like 20 members in the course of last month lol
Where is the Facebook page?

I interviewed in January so hopefully I hear back soon, holding out for them.

I applied with a 3.75 gpa and a 22 dat back in august and still haven’t received any interview or update whatsoever.
I have very similar stats as you along with HUNDREDS of volunteering and shadowing hours. I interviewed with lecom in august and have yet to receive any update whatsoever even though I watch them accept people with much lower stats and less experiences. I cannot for the life of me understand what they’re looking for. I got accepted to Pitt Dental lol you’d think I’d be accepted to lecom

Reactions: 2 users
I have very similar stats as you along with HUNDREDS of volunteering and shadowing hours. I interviewed with lecom in august and have yet to receive any update whatsoever even though I watch them accept people with much lower stats and less experiences. I cannot for the life of me understand what they’re looking for. I got accepted to Pitt Dental lol you’d think I’d be accepted to lecom
At least you got an interview. I didn’t even get one lol. I had hundreds of volunteering hours and shadowed two dentists as well. You’d think with a 3.75 gpa and 22 dat I’d get an interview at the very least since I applied in august. I got accepted to a dental school too so it’s fine.

At least you got an interview. I didn’t even get one lol. I had hundreds of volunteering hours and shadowed two dentists as well. You’d think with a 3.75 gpa and 22 dat I’d get an interview at the very least since I applied in august. I got accepted to a dental school too so it’s fine.
Did you ever reach out to them? I sent them letters of interest/intent but clearly that didn’t help

Did you ever reach out to them? I sent them letters of interest/intent but clearly that didn’t help
i don’t know if that does much. I did and again still waiting. I wrote thank you and letter of intent.