Letter of support post waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefullyWaiting29

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN,

I am currently on the waitlist at my number one school where I am a current full time research employee. My PI, a full professor at the medical school who wrote one of my LoRs, has asked me if there is anything he can do to help my candidacy. I was wondering if a letter of support from him would be helpful in getting me selected of the waitlist. I was thinking a short letter that would inform the school that I have ongoing projects and research opportunities at his lab that I could continue to work on while attending school. I have already sent a letter of intent to this school. Do you think such a letter of support would be helpful?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello SDN,

I am currently on the waitlist at my number one school where I am a current full time research employee. My PI, a full professor at the medical school who wrote one of my LoRs, has asked me if there is anything he can do to help my candidacy. I was wondering if a letter of support from him would be helpful in getting me selected of the waitlist. I was thinking a short letter that would inform the school that I have ongoing projects and research opportunities at his lab that I could continue to work on while attending school. I have already sent a letter of intent to this school. Do you think such a letter of support would be helpful?

If they already wrote you a LOR and you wrote a LOI there's absolutely no point and may actually be negatively viewed if the adcom finds it annoying or something etc. I don't think anything relevant can be added especially if the WL rank is already established