LiterWWary Fiction WW Game Thread

Started by Zenge142
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I guess wolves also had to plan out their kills 2 nights in advance. That’s an interesting dynamic. If the thread shifted you’d have to make codewords and **** to change a kill target on thread.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
InB4 I get angry messages from people about holding up dinner
Well, Mother was going to spank you anyway, maybe she'll just add a few extra whacks for starving me.

I could always go get food for myself, I'm not incapable. I'm just comfortable on the couch and since I ate an egg earlier, I'm not particularly hungry. #crohnsappetite
 
Just gotta say too, I guess it’s not a given lovers are the same affiliation? I know CYO had shorty and a wolf, but that was a player’s role to make 2 people lovers, not start of game.

But me and Cyndia just assumed we had to be village and it became a mason chat. Worked out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also to answer the question as to why we rezzed True instead of a villager like we were supposed to.

We thought it would be funny to rez him and have him come back in character.

We knew it was a bad strategy, but we also knew it would be lulzy.
Was dubz in chat this night? Lol
 
Just gotta say too, I guess it’s not a given lovers are the same affiliation? I know CYO had shorty and a wolf, but that was a player’s role to make 2 people lovers, not start of game.

But me and Cyndia just assumed we had to be village and it became a mason chat. Worked out.
It's somewhat bastard to have lovers be different affs, IMO. At least, I wouldn't in my games.
 
Just gotta say too, I guess it’s not a given lovers are the same affiliation? I know CYO had shorty and a wolf, but that was a player’s role to make 2 people lovers, not start of game.

But me and Cyndia just assumed we had to be village and it became a mason chat. Worked out.
Nope. They're just deadlier neighbors.
 
FWIW: I was really genuinely upset by the claim that I'm intentionally mean to people, and that I'm only like that as scum. I'm not interested into getting into yet another fight over it, and I've asked not to go to dead chat because of this, but that really bothered me. I know that I'm too intense sometimes pushing people, and it's totally reasonable to tell me to back off and let it go - but to tell a bunch of people who haven't played with me that I'm mean and make things personal - especially to use a game where nothing like that happened as an example - in HZD I snapped at April to stop answering questions I was asking other people about her - that felt really unfair and like it was taking things way beyond what I would consider normal and reasonable gameplay. I felt like I was being smeared to a bunch of noobs who don't know me and wouldn't know that that's not at all the case.

I'm sorry if anyone felt like I was pushing them too hard this game. But I wanted people to understand what it felt like from my perspective. Because I was really hurt by that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was dubz in chat this night? Lol
:heckyeah:

But actually I have no idea how to best strategically use a rez when we have no idea what the rezzed player will return as. It actually did seem safest to rez a wolf and at the time we thought True might be able to get away with claiming he was Ahab and couldn't die permanently until he found the white whale.

The writeup and the fact that he came back neutral thwarted that, but the lulz we're still good :heckyeah:
 
Killing me N0. 😡

How am I ever supposed to push you at this rate???
It was really hard to pick someone this game once we ruled out people who had been on hiatus or died early the last time they played. I had killed samac n1 the last time I wolfed and didn't want to do it again. As far as I could remember you hadn't died n1 in a while.

I think it was down to you or please, I'd have to go back and check. And then please died anyway...
 
It was really hard to pick someone this game once we ruled out people who had been on hiatus or died early the last time they played. I had killed samac n1 the last time I wolfed and didn't want to do it again. As far as I could remember you hadn't died n1 in a while.

I think it was down to you or please, I'd have to go back and check. And then please died anyway...
Dubz plz

I died N1 in the previous game. 😢
 
FWIW: I was really genuinely upset by the claim that I'm intentionally mean to people, and that I'm only like that as scum. I'm not interested into getting into yet another fight over it, and I've asked not to go to dead chat because of this, but that really bothered me. I know that I'm too intense sometimes pushing people, and it's totally reasonable to tell me to back off and let it go - but to tell a bunch of people who haven't played with me that I'm mean and make things personal - especially to use a game where nothing like that happened as an example - in HZD I snapped at April to stop answering questions I was asking other people about her - that felt really unfair and like it was taking things way beyond what I would consider normal and reasonable gameplay. I felt like I was being smeared to a bunch of noobs who don't know me and wouldn't know that that's not at all the case.

I'm sorry if anyone felt like I was pushing them too hard this game. But I wanted people to understand what it felt like from my perspective. Because I was really hurt by that.
I don't think I explained myself very well which contributed to poor interpretation and more hurt feelings. On reflection, the minor difference I was perceiving between typical rage!shorty and here was about your strong reactions to small things. In my opinion, when you snapped at me in HZD, it was over something relatively insignificant. Here, you pressed Pippy because of semantics, which again felt like an insignificant reason to react strongly. If you disagree, that's fine, everyone knows my memory is a sieve and I'm probably wrong. I just didn't word it well the next morning because I was also upset about how that conversation went the night before.

Personally, I don't have fun playing WW when wincons matter more than everyone else's enjoyment of the game. It really makes or breaks my experience which is why, personally, it upsets me when I see other players visibly upset by someone's language, even when it's not technically a personal attack.

I'm sorry if I stepped on toes. I wasn't doing it because I was a wolf. I want people (and myself) to enjoy the game, and I pushed it so hard because that matters a lot to me.
 
Noting that the longest-lived players in the last game who are playing this game were:
AM
please
PSV...but we won't be killing her 😛

So probably one of them would be my n1 kill choice barring some strategic reason to kill someone else.

I would absolutely veto N1 kills of:
alley - dies early too much
samac - died n1 the last time I was wolfing, and died pretty early last game
shorty - hasn't played in months
Cam - noob

And would feel bad about cray, pippy, or cyndia since they haven't played in a bit. Also would feel bad about violet or puppy because noobs.

So my N1 kill shortlist would be:
AM
please
sporty
genny

Though I guess I'd also feel a little bad about killing genny since she died d1 the last time she played too. Very short shortlist :laugh:
There ya go AM. Who would you have killed?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ZENGE I GOING TO SPANK YOU
spank sony pictures GIF by Angry Birds
 
It was really hard to pick someone this game once we ruled out people who had been on hiatus or died early the last time they played. I had killed samac n1 the last time I wolfed and didn't want to do it again. As far as I could remember you hadn't died n1 in a while.

I think it was down to you or please, I'd have to go back and check. And then please died anyway...
Damn. PSV, Pleasy, and AM were the three I narrowed it down to on N0 too :laugh:
 
Our vig did not end up being unlimited and our seer was only odd nights.
yeah I’m still bummed that I had PSV as one of my potential targets on N0 AND N1 and didn’t shoot her 🙃

Listen... I know this game has apparently been really frustrating for multiple people, but I'd like village to consider how demoralizing it is when village manages to pick out the entire pack in the first couple of days of the game.
I haven’t made it very far as a wolf yet, trust me, you’re already doing tons and tons better :biglove:


OMFG YOU MADE A PHASING WOLF A THING
I’m still so confused why this role exists but I think it’s hilarious.

We honey-boarded winnie???? Wowzers.
I predicted that in dead chat!!

Lawpy you subbed in to a role that was originally for someone who had never played the game before, I didn't want to overwhelm them. I did have something for Aslan originally, but I can't remember what it was. Thunder dome maybe?
I asked Cam at dinner what role he was since I was already dead. He told me he was Aslan and didn’t know if he had a power 😂