LMU c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In the words of the momentous lyricist, Steve Perry, " Don't stop believin!"
You applied your first cycle and nothing...
You applied again, and BAM! Interviewed and wait listed!
Look how far you've come in just one cycle! There's something about you that's standing out to someone on this committee for you to still be here! And then there's something that's not standing out. If we receive bad news before August, we just have to locate that portion of our application and spit shine it for the next cycle! Whether it's GPA, GRE, or lack of unique experiences... Look into a masters program! Retake that monsterous, 5 hr long, life sucking beast of an exam! Spend the summer studying the left incisor of the mysterious narwhal!! But for the love of Dog, DON'T GIVE UP!!!

Sent from my SM-S906L using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Today I finally accepted the fact that I'm probably not going to get into vet school again this year. Also, I euthanized two foals today which didn't help matters. I cried the whole way home. I just feel so defeated about vet school, I don't even know where to go from here or how to improve enough to even bother applying a third time. My parents keep trying to talk me into giving up and just being the poor vet assistant that I currently am forever.

Don't Give Up! The first veterinarian I worked with told me when he graduated a bunch of kids in his class were third time and fourth time applicants. He told me apply about 4 or 5 times and if you can't get in then try vet tech. Believe me I was totally in your position and still am. I went for my Masters and finally got an interview at LMU! I did apply to the Caribbean schools and out of three they have, I so far got into two. With St. Matthews you pretty much have to pay out of pocket but St. George's has loans and so does Ross. I would prefer to go to LMU because it is about 5 hours from home and with my mom about to get back surgery I would like to be able to keep in touch. Plus the school is amazing! But since I haven't head anything yet I still have a back up. I have wanted to be a veterinarian since I was a little girl so if the Caribbean school is where I have to go to start this journey, that is where I will go. They also have rolling admissions, so if this is you passion, apply there.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an acceptance email!! :)
Everyone who hasn't heard anything hang in there!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, Did they say if the class was full at this point? or how many were on the waitlist?

Congrats, Did they say if the class was full at this point? or how many were on the waitlist?

No, sorry the email didn't state any of that. It did say you have 24 hours to accept!
I wouldn't assume the class is full until they send out an email to the remaining people on the waitlist confirming they have no more spots!

So I'm sad to say I received an email with a no status update. It basically said the class was "Mostly filled", but I think that's a nice way of saying I will be on the waitlist in case someone decides they can't go. :( I will be in the next cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else just receive an email? Update... no status change... class filling up fast...

Reactions: 1 users
That's funny she literally just sent an e-mail saying the class is mostly full but that there was some movement. I am sure they read this forum. I really hope to get in!I only applied to LMU! My site manager keeps asking me at work if I know and I am afraid to tell him there may be only a week's notice. Our shelter vet knows. Does anyone else have advice for what they have told their place of employment?

I know people who got into vet school a few days before class started!

Well looks like I'm looking into plan B unless I get off the daunting wait list. Is anyone else interested in the veterinary biomedical science master's that they offer? I was thinking of applying to it since the deadline is June 15. They said I could use my VMCAS application and wouldn't have to pay another application fee since I already did to the CVM. Anyone know anything about this program?

I got an acceptance email this morning! I can't wait!
My GPA was a 3.2 with 2000+ hours of veterinary experience and this was my second time applying

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish they could tell us what mostly filled means :(

Well looks like I'm looking into plan B unless I get off the daunting wait list. Is anyone else interested in the veterinary biomedical science master's that they offer? I was thinking of applying to it since the deadline is June 15. They said I could use my VMCAS application and wouldn't have to pay another application fee since I already did to the CVM. Anyone know anything about this program?
I actually got into this program 2 years ago but I was looking for an online masters so I didn't have to move. I ended up getting my masters from UF. The program looks interesting though.

I heard they take 75% of their dvm class directly from the masters program

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was accepted off the waiting list on Monday! I paid my deposit to save my seat, but I am still seeing what happens with another school that I am also on the waiting list for. If that one doesn't work out, I will be attending LMU. If it does, I hope one of you gets my seat!! I have a 3.3 GPA, average GRE, and 2.5 years working part-time in a clinic.

Reactions: 4 users
I heard they take 75% of their dvm class directly from the masters program

I can say that this is wrong for both this class and my class. There are 105 students in my class and only 15-20 of them were Master's students last year. This year I think there are 15(?) Master's students. I can't really say anything else about the program because I have never experienced it but you get to take anatomy with 1st years so that's cool.

Once again, my apologies. That's what I get for repeating hear/say..

I can say that this is wrong for both this class and my class. There are 105 students in my class and only 15-20 of them were Master's students last year. This year I think there are 15(?) Master's students. I can't really say anything else about the program because I have never experienced it but you get to take anatomy with 1st years so that's cool.
Hi K Jaq94, In your class last year how many got accepted off the waitlist after April? I am just trying to get an idea of what I can plan this summer. Also for those that were not accepted off the waitlist did they get offered a seat the following year? This is my 2nd time applying to LMU.

Hi K Jaq94, In your class last year how many got accepted off the waitlist after April? I am just trying to get an idea of what I can plan this summer. Also for those that were not accepted off the waitlist did they get offered a seat the following year? This is my 2nd time applying to LMU.
I feel like the list moved a decent amount last year. I know it moved a lot right before the deadline and that they were accepting people right until the 2nd week of class. I don't know the answer to your other question but I know that if they went through the master's program here, they seem like they were more likely to get in* (like I think out of the 15 in that program, all 15 were accepted to LMU). *The program has it's own rules and criteria and it doesn't mean that you'll be automatically accepted to LMU CVM after one year*

How is it even doable to move from another state with your pets the second week of class? I would have to make it work but I have to arrange for my horse to move too I already have my masters so I am not sure I want to invest in the masters there. I don't really want to move until I officially accepted.

How is it even doable to move from another state with your pets the second week of class? I would have to make it work but I have to arrange for my horse to move too I already have my masters so I am not sure I want to invest in the masters there. I don't really want to move until I officially accepted.

I think there was a person who got accepted of their in-state waitlist right before their classes started (a week or so after ours) so she left us and went to her in-state and they pulled someone off the waitlist. There's housing available-it may not be your perfect choice, but you can make it through the semester. Also, the pet-friendly dorms help as well.

I think there was a person who got accepted of their in-state waitlist right before their classes started (a week or so after ours) so she left us and went to her in-state and they pulled someone off the waitlist. There's housing available-it may not be your perfect choice, but you can make it through the semester. Also, the pet-friendly dorms help as well.
Yeah, I agree! I just have three pets (2 dogs and a parrot). I could always stay in a hotel for a few days. I will move for sure if a spot opens. This is the only college I applied to! I have a car so if I need to drive a little that is fine. Did they go through the entire waitlist last admissions cycle? What towns are in close proximity?

I got accepted elsewhere and will be declining my seat at LMU!! Good luck, and I hope one of you gets it! :)

Today I finally accepted the fact that I'm probably not going to get into vet school again this year. Also, I euthanized two foals today which didn't help matters. I cried the whole way home. I just feel so defeated about vet school, I don't even know where to go from here or how to improve enough to even bother applying a third time. My parents keep trying to talk me into giving up and just being the poor vet assistant that I currently am forever.

DO NOT give up.....This year was my 4th time applying over the course of 6 years. Not only did I get into my In-state, but I was accepted to 3 Out of state schools. KEEP PUSHING!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Reactions: 6 users
DO NOT give up.....This year was my 4th time applying over the course of 6 years. Not only did I get into my In-state, but I was accepted to 3 Out of state schools. KEEP PUSHING!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!
Thank-You so much! Congrats!

This is to the current students...Were there any older students in your class?

Has anybody looked into off campus housing? Trying to figure out where to look and if anyone is looking for a roommate...

Email Holly Napier about this program. I did and she walked me through getting VMCAS information transferred over. Got a phone interview then accaptance papers within a week!

Yeah, I agree! I just have three pets (2 dogs and a parrot). I could always stay in a hotel for a few days. I will move for sure if a spot opens. This is the only college I applied to! I have a car so if I need to drive a little that is fine. Did they go through the entire waitlist last admissions cycle? What towns are in close proximity?

I have no clue about the waitlist. The nearest towns are Middlesboro, KY, and Tazewell/New Tazewell, TN

Been away for a few days .. and I am ecstatic to say that my son was offered a seat in the class of 2021 last Wednesday and immediately accepted. Statistically, he will graduate from Berry College a week from Saturday and his GPA is approximately 3.5, GRE if I remember correctly around 310/320 and he wants to be a small animal (dog/cat) practitioner. Best of luck to those that are still waiting.

Reactions: 2 users
How is everyone handling the rabies vaccine? Is your insurance paying? How much are the shots in your area?

How is everyone handling the rabies vaccine? Is your insurance paying? How much are the shots in your area?
I work for a wildlife rehabilitation, so I have mine already, but they do the shots for $250 for the series. Otherwise I would have had to pay $800 I think cause my insurance does not cover it.

Hey guys, is anyone working on their Castle Branch profile? I'm stumped on where to start, if anyone has any advice they'd like to share I'll be all ears. Thanks!

Hey guys, is anyone working on their Castle Branch profile? I'm stumped on where to start, if anyone has any advice they'd like to share I'll be all ears. Thanks!
I am trying to figure it out but I am not sure how to work it either.

It's not super intuitive...I think I have it started correctly, but nothing done yet because I'm still confused on the whole insurance thing haha (and the site is kind of a pain- several major design flaws have made this slower than it needs to be even if you know what you're doing).
I remember being confused by having to pay first since that's not listed in the document.

I just wanted to remind you that getting an interview and even getting on to the waitlist are HUGE accomplishments. You probably don't feel like that now, but it's true, plenty of people don't even make it that far. I met a fourth year student at A&M who didn't get in on his first try and was about to graduate with a 4.0. So going through rejection doesn't mean that you aren't smart enough or aren't suited to become a vet.
It sounds like you have a good job now where you can keep getting shadow and animal hours. Maybe re-take the GRE and practice your interview skills some over the next app cycle.
Also, a professor at A&M on the admissions board likes to tell the story of the applicant who applied the most times before getting in. She finally got it in her EIGHTH try! Honestly, everyone admired her commitment. I'm sure it won't take you eight years, but it just goes to show you that anything is possible.
It's okay to decide you don't want to become a vet, but it sounds like you've got a good fighting chance.

Is there anyone who went through the veterinary biomed grad program at LMU? I have some questions. I am waiting to e-mail Holly because I don't want it to ruin my chances of being pulled off the waitlist. You can pm me. Otherwise, if you know of a feed specific to that program let me know!
Thanks!

Does anyone know when orientation is? I would like a rough idea of when I should make sure I'm settled by and I can't find it anywhere on the website.

Does anyone know when orientation is? I would like a rough idea of when I should make sure I'm settled by and I can't find it anywhere on the website.

Last year it was the whole week prior to the start of classes. I'm not sure if it will be exactly the same this year, but that gives you some idea at least.

Last year it was the whole week prior to the start of classes. I'm not sure if it will be exactly the same this year, but that gives you some idea at least.
aaaannnddd when where the start of classes haha? I'm really un-aware.

If you go to LMU-CVM homepage and click on 'academics' at the top a menu will drop down and you can click on academic calendar which should show some dates for the future. I know they are working on schedules now for this fall so you should hear something before to long.

We were sent out an email with dates for this upcoming year. The first day of class is listed as August 7th. Last year c/o 2020 had orientation the week before so unless it has changed, I would plan on being ready to go and be mostly settled in by July 31/Aug. 1st. Genell should be sending information out soon about orientation and what not.

I've been hesitant to post this knowing how I died a little inside every time one of these notifications arose from this thread....
I received the email yesterday...I was pulled from the waitlist!!! I'm going to be a veterinarian!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

My fellow waitlist-ians... DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE!! It is only May and there is no telling what could happen in the next 2 months! Keep yourselves and your minds busy. Do what ever you can to keep your sanity! (lol) I've been working on plan B for the past month preparing for unfortunate news. Hell, I've been working on improving next year's application since the day I turned in this year's application! Each and every one of you is deserving of a seat and it is going to happen! DO NOT GIVE UP!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
I've been hesitant to post this knowing how I died a little inside every time one of these notifications arose from this thread....
I received the email yesterday...I was pulled from the waitlist!!! I'm going to be a veterinarian!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

My fellow waitlist-ians... DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE!! It is only May and there is no telling what could happen in the next 2 months! Keep yourselves and your minds busy. Do what ever you can to keep your sanity! (lol) I've been working on plan B for the past month preparing for unfortunate news. Hell, I've been working on improving next year's application since the day I turned in this year's application! Each and every one of you is deserving of a seat and it is going to happen! DO NOT GIVE UP!!!
Congratulations I'm so happy for you!!!!