You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LMU C/O 2028
Started by vetcat2
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is it weird that I haven’t heard anything from them at all? I applied for Fall only
haileylee7
Full Member
I also applied for Fall only, but was accepted into the Spring cohort. I emailed Holly last week regarding Fall admissions and she said they were reviewing applicants still for Fall and will be sending offers on a rolling basis.Is it weird that I haven’t heard anything from them at all? I applied for Fall only
I certainly hope we hear something soon 🙂
Good luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know when I applied the first time around I didn’t get an interview until right before thanksgiving!Is it weird that I haven’t heard anything from them at all? I applied for Fall only
Gangar#094
Full Member
Have you had any contact from them?Is it weird that I haven’t heard anything from them at all? I applied for Fall only
fromfairystories
Full Member
I was accepted for the spring cohort today but don’t worry, I’m going to decline my seat to be placed back into fall pool!! I interviewed on 10/11 incase that helps anyone.
I have seen a lot of people accepted for spring and deferring to spring 2025. I know it will be a long time before we actually start school but I'm excited and want to start getting to know my classmates! I started a facebook page for the 2025 spring cohort. I will be moving my entire family from CT to TN in August so my kids can start their new school year at their new school.
Log into Facebook
Log into Facebook
Congrats!!I was accepted into the spring cohort today and will be accepting my offer!
haileylee7
Full Member
Hey there! I am in the same situation as you are. I emailed her to request to be Fall only and never got a reply :/About a month ago I was accepted into the spring 2024 cohort but emailed Holly declining and requesting to be considered for the fall 2024 cohort instead. I haven't gotten an email back from her, should I be worried?
Gangar#094
Full Member
About a month ago I was accepted into the spring 2024 cohort but emailed Holly declining and requesting to be considered for the fall 2024 cohort instead. I haven't gotten an email back from her, should I be worried?
Hey there! I am in the same situation as you are. I emailed her to request to be Fall only and never got a reply :/
have you checked with anyone else in admissions? If you’re worried, you might do that and see. More likely than not it was noted but a response wasn’t sent.
I never got a reply but I emailed the secondary email that she says to contact if it’s important and she said it was noted and I was in the pool again!Hey there! I am in the same situation as you are. I emailed her to request to be Fall only and never got a reply :/
haileylee7
Full Member
What is the secondary email? 🙂I never got a reply but I emailed the secondary email that she says to contact if it’s important and she said it was noted and I was in the pool again!
Did you or anyone else who has done this for this application cycle / last application cycle asked what the chances are of being accepted for Fall if you were accepted for Spring? I'd hate to take that chance and not get accepted, however, Spring seems too close around the corner to figure out school / moving / housing logistics.Hey there! I am in the same situation as you are. I emailed her to request to be Fall only and never got a reply :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haileylee7
Full Member
I emailed Holly today actually asking if my chances to be accepted in the Fall cohort are almost guaranteed if I was admitted for the spring (or if I have an increased chance). I am still waiting for a reply 🙂Did you or anyone else who has done this for this application cycle / last application cycle asked what the chances are of being accepted for Fall if you were accepted for Spring? I'd hate to take that chance and not get accepted, however, Spring seems too close around the corner to figure out school / moving / housing logistics.
I saw last cycle people were admitted for spring and declined back into the fall pool and ultimately were not accepted for the fall. You have no guarantee over other applicants for fall you are put back into the pool and looked at with the same degree as everyone elseI emailed Holly today actually asking if my chances to be accepted in the Fall cohort are almost guaranteed if I was admitted for the spring (or if I have an increased chance). I am still waiting for a reply 🙂
Apparently I am not allowed to start this Facebook group. I am not well versed enough on social media rules on who can create groups. Please don’t join this Facebook group. I have archived it and will delete it once I figure out how lol. I guess I got too excited about my move and I’m too old to properly use social media 🤣I have seen a lot of people accepted for spring and deferring to spring 2025. I know it will be a long time before we actually start school but I'm excited and want to start getting to know my classmates! I started a facebook page for the 2025 spring cohort. I will be moving my entire family from CT to TN in August so my kids can start their new school year at their new school.
Log into Facebook
Typically with “spring” it’s referring to the spring semester that typically starts in January , I believe it is referring to January because that is part of the reason I didn’t apply since I am a non-trad student who is finishing their masters/working so January would’ve been way to quick of a turn around. Looks like last years silver (spring) started 1-17I’m confused on the official spring (silver cohort) start date. I tried googling it- is it in January or actually in the spring time?
How are people able to defer to Fall 2024 or Spring 2025 when the email I got (even though I ONLY applied for Fall 2024 but was accepted for Spring 2024) says:
"Note that we are not granting deferred acceptance offers to the fall 2024 or spring 2025 semesters. You can opt to decline your seat and then be placed back into the applicant pool for fall 2024 cohort or submit your matriculation fee to join our January 2024 class".
I feel like if I answered on my application Fall 2024 I should be able to defer? Since I did not say I was interested in the Spring 2024 semester and it doesn't seem "fair" to have to only pick Spring 2024 or risk not getting accepted when I did not say I wanted to be considered for that.
Anyone else in the same boat? Or can tell me how they got to defer?
I got my acceptance Thursday, 11/9 and have to pay my fee or forfeit my seat by 11/16. I emailed and called 2 people in admissions on Friday morning, but I didn't hear back. I plan on calling them again first thing Monday morning.
"Note that we are not granting deferred acceptance offers to the fall 2024 or spring 2025 semesters. You can opt to decline your seat and then be placed back into the applicant pool for fall 2024 cohort or submit your matriculation fee to join our January 2024 class".
I feel like if I answered on my application Fall 2024 I should be able to defer? Since I did not say I was interested in the Spring 2024 semester and it doesn't seem "fair" to have to only pick Spring 2024 or risk not getting accepted when I did not say I wanted to be considered for that.
Anyone else in the same boat? Or can tell me how they got to defer?
I got my acceptance Thursday, 11/9 and have to pay my fee or forfeit my seat by 11/16. I emailed and called 2 people in admissions on Friday morning, but I didn't hear back. I plan on calling them again first thing Monday morning.
Did you apply for both Spring 2024 AND Fall 2024?Okay yeah that confused me too but when I messaged Holly this is what she told me. I just didn't know if something had changed.
"This acceptance offer is for the spring 2024 semester only. The matriculation fee is due by the timeframe specified in your email. You can opt to decline this offer and be placed back into the applicant pool for the fall 2024 semester if you prefer that option. Please note that no acceptance is guaranteed for that start date.
Did you apply for both Spring and Fall 2024 or just Fall 2024? Just trying to figure out who they are giving option to defer to. Thanks!Here's a quote from the email I got from Holly.
So was the deferral full, and she just didn't realize you asked for that option before it got "full" so she accepted it? Thanks! Really trying not to stress.yes she approved my deferral fortunately. She probably didn’t know I emailed her before to request deferral when I was calling her last Friday. She responded my email yesterday morning approving my deferral
Did you original email say that they were not offering deferment but you were still able to after talking with them? Thanks!Also I was able to still defer as of yesterday to spring 2025 after getting a spring 2024 acceptance! Just fyi to anyone else.
My guess is that they have met their limit of allowed deferrals. You can decline and return to the fall 2024 pool. They are simply trying to fill the last few seats for the spring cohort. You made the cut, even though you didn't specifically ask for that start.How are people able to defer to Fall 2024 or Spring 2025 when the email I got (even though I ONLY applied for Fall 2024 but was accepted for Spring 2024) says:
"Note that we are not granting deferred acceptance offers to the fall 2024 or spring 2025 semesters. You can opt to decline your seat and then be placed back into the applicant pool for fall 2024 cohort or submit your matriculation fee to join our January 2024 class".
I feel like if I answered on my application Fall 2024 I should be able to defer? Since I did not say I was interested in the Spring 2024 semester and it doesn't seem "fair" to have to only pick Spring 2024 or risk not getting accepted when I did not say I wanted to be considered for that.
Anyone else in the same boat? Or can tell me how they got to defer?
I got my acceptance Thursday, 11/9 and have to pay my fee or forfeit my seat by 11/16. I emailed and called 2 people in admissions on Friday morning, but I didn't hear back. I plan on calling them again first thing Monday morning.
Does this mean you could still go for Fall if they are still reviewing? Or you'd have to give up your seat and be considered for Fall again? I'm really struggling since I applied for Fall only, and accepted to Spring, and my email said no deferrals, which seems odd.I also applied for Fall only, but was accepted into the Spring cohort. I emailed Holly last week regarding Fall admissions and she said they were reviewing applicants still for Fall and will be sending offers on a rolling basis.
I certainly hope we hear something soon 🙂
Good luck to everyone!
Thanks!My guess is that they have met their limit of allowed deferrals. You can decline and return to the fall 2024 pool. They are simply trying to fill the last few seats for the spring cohort. You made the cut, even though you didn't specifically ask for that start.
I’ve seen several people like myself who only expressed interest in Fall admission be offered Spring seats. If declined, you’ll be put back into the pool for Fall which is said to be bigger. My question is how are the two pools differentiated if people who did not want to be in the Spring pool are being accepted for Spring? I think I was under the impression that to be considered for Spring you had to express interest and only those who did are considered, but that’s not the case so what does separate them?
Pre reqs?? being already completed?I’ve seen several people like myself who only expressed interest in Fall admission be offered Spring seats. If declined, you’ll be put back into the pool for Fall which is said to be bigger. My question is how are the two pools differentiated if people who did not want to be in the Spring pool are being accepted for Spring? I think I was under the impression that to be considered for Spring you had to express interest and only those who did are considered, but that’s not the case so what does separate them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If being eligible re: pre-reqs is the only criteria differentiating the pools and the Fall is more competitive then I wish they’d send me a denial sooner rather than later so I don’t hold out false hope, mine have all been done since 2020 and I haven’t heard a peep since my interview 😬
I think they ask but disregard fall preference if it is clear that you are done with school. I think it is because they are hoping people will see the acceptance and change plans to accept and start classes earlier than the next fall. I agree it kind of makes no sense but they must be going off of people who are not still in school or still doing prerequisites.I’ve seen several people like myself who only expressed interest in Fall admission be offered Spring seats. If declined, you’ll be put back into the pool for Fall which is said to be bigger. My question is how are the two pools differentiated if people who did not want to be in the Spring pool are being accepted for Spring? I think I was under the impression that to be considered for Spring you had to express interest and only those who did are considered, but that’s not the case so what does separate them?
cmwakefield20
Full Member
Yes and I got accepted for the Spring and instead of going back into the Fall pool I deferred a year.Did you apply for both Spring 2024 AND Fall 2024?
When do they start sending out rejections or waitlists? Because my pre reqs are done and I selected fall only. So if I’m not getting a spring acceptance then I feel like the odds of being rejected are higher. Does anyone know the statistics of who gets accepted from those that are invited to interview?
I applied for Spring/Fall 2024 and got an interview for Spring. After a week I received my acceptance, and I deferred shortly after. I think I scheduled my interview earlier than most, so I was able to get a deferred seat. Holly mentioned that if I declined, I would be put back into the fall applicant pool, which doesn't guarantee I'll be accepted again, so here I am deferred and waiting for responses from my other schools.Did you apply for both Spring and Fall 2024 or just Fall 2024? Just trying to figure out who they are giving option to defer to. Thanks!
I also emailed [email protected]. I got two automated email replies, one from Holly's email and one from the vet admissions email saying my email was received and someone would reply soon. I think I will email Holly again to make sure she got it. Thanks!have you checked with anyone else in admissions? If you’re worried, you might do that and see. More likely than not it was noted but a response wasn’t sent.
haileylee7
Full Member
Good morning all, in case anyone would like an update from admissions, I received this reply this morning about decisions:
"Acceptance offers for the LMU-CVM Class of 2028 Spring and Fall have begun to be extended and will continue to be extended in the days and weeks to come. These offers are disseminated by the Dean based on recommendations made by the Admissions Committee.
Please note that any updates to your application status will be conveyed to you electronically via the email account listed on your VMCAS data. I encourage you to carefully monitor your standard inbox as well as your spam folder."
Good luck everyone!
"Acceptance offers for the LMU-CVM Class of 2028 Spring and Fall have begun to be extended and will continue to be extended in the days and weeks to come. These offers are disseminated by the Dean based on recommendations made by the Admissions Committee.
Please note that any updates to your application status will be conveyed to you electronically via the email account listed on your VMCAS data. I encourage you to carefully monitor your standard inbox as well as your spam folder."
Good luck everyone!
hopefullpetvet735
Full Member
So looking at the comments I haven't seen anyone else with my same interview date so I just wanted to see if there is anyone else who interviewed 10/16 for fall? 🥺
So looking at the comments I haven't seen anyone else with my same interview date so I just wanted to see if there is anyone else who interviewed 10/16 for fall? [emoji3064]
I interviewed 10/18
hopefullpetvet735
Full Member
Okay cool I'm gonna keep an eye out to see if you hear anything sooner as time goes on! HahaI interviewed 10/18
tj143
Full Member
So did II interviewed 10/18
Me too!I interviewed 10/18
My LMU portal shows "Due on Friday, December 1, 2023" in Red letters....Does Anyone else show the same? Any idea what it means?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine says this too.My LMU portal shows "Due on Friday, December 1, 2023" in Red letters....Does Anyone else show the same? Any idea what it means?
I think that they are trying to begin sending more decisions in December. When I had inquired about this date earlier in the process, December was the target month for decisions starting to be rolled out.
Maybe it’s a soft target for them.
I applied and interviewed in August, only applied for Fall 2024.
How do I access the portal?My LMU portal shows "Due on Friday, December 1, 2023" in Red letters....Does Anyone else show the same? Any idea what it means?
Khali Robinson
New Member
How do I access the portal?
Lincoln Memorial University
hopefullpetvet735
Full Member
My heart stopped for a couple beats and then resumed once I read the email fully... HahaThese Q&A emails are stressing me out 🫠