Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey guys, since the search is down, I thought I would start a thread about Loma Linda. Anyone interview there this year? Any acceptances? I had heard they were slow, so I wasn't expecting to hear back from them yet about an interview, but they sent me a letter yesterday. :thumbup:

So, does anyone know how many students they interview each year and the % of interviewees they accept? I can't find my MSAR... and since you guys are all so amazingly smart... ;) I thought I would ask. LOL, okay, ya, I'm sucking up. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Lizanne,

COngrats on the LLU interview. I'm still waiting to hear back about an interview. but I'm glad to hear that they're finally starting.

Members don't see this ad :)
lizanne11 said:
Hey guys, since the search is down, I thought I would start a thread about Loma Linda. Anyone interview there this year? Any acceptances? I had heard they were slow, so I wasn't expecting to hear back from them yet about an interview, but they sent me a letter yesterday. :thumbup:

So, does anyone know how many students they interview each year and the % of interviewees they accept? I can't find my MSAR... and since you guys are all so amazingly smart... ;) I thought I would ask. LOL, okay, ya, I'm sucking up. :)

I haven't heard back from them yet. I really felt I answered their essays well though and am expecting an interview. =0) I could be totally off though.. When were you complete lizanne? I was complete sometime in mid-september.

Haven't heard from LLU yet. Good to see that they have started to get things moving.

When were u complete at loma linda. Been complete for about a month and havent heard anything yet. Really want to go there, at least get an interview

jackets5 said:
When were u complete at loma linda. Been complete for about a month and havent heard anything yet. Really want to go there, at least get an interview
It took almost two full months to go from complete to interview invite for me. Found out last week.

For the guy who was wondering:
3144 applied
351 interviewed
166 matriculated

For the people who received interviews, would you mind saying if you're an SDA?

tajmahalwonder said:

Ignorant Qs...but what's "SDA" ???
:oops:

Not ignorant!

SDA is Seventh Day Adventist. LLU is an SDA institution. There are many threads on this, so you can search. Well not right now, since the search engine is disabled.

I received a letter in early november for an interview, and I'm SDA. :thumbup:

Congrats on the interview invite. Any non-SDA's with interview invites?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I hope I get an interview soon too. I was complete in early AUG. Not SDA but pretty religeous and had some good letters of rec. that talked about church service and I've heard they like that. Maybe there's a letter in the mail box, I haven't been home for a few days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,

I got my complete letter from LLU on Oct. 20th (although they should have had all my materials by the end of September). I'm not SDA, but am Christian and involved in my Church and other Christian organizations.

New Guy- thanks for the info. on #'s interviewed and accepted! Wow, I guess they accept almost 50% of those they interview! Very awesome!! :thumbup:

Good luck to the rest of you! :luck:

Not SDA and have interview... by the way... they have to accept more than what they matriculate because some people get accepted and then turn down the offer.
good luck!

Not SDA, wrote about a church-activity in my AMCAS. I got an interview earlier this week. Does anyone know when they have dates of interview (I want a Jan. interview because of time and $$ issues)?

Dr.Giggles said:
Not SDA, wrote about a church-activity in my AMCAS. I got an interview earlier this week. Does anyone know when they have dates of interview (I want a Jan. interview because of time and $$ issues)?

Mine is Jan. 10th. They also offered me one mid/late Dec (middle of my finals week).

For those with interviews, would you mind posting your stats
thanks.

paceac said:
Congrats on the interview invite. Any non-SDA's with interview invites?
Yes, I have an interview and am definitely NOT SDA. That said, I was heavily involved with a non-denominational Christian organization in college and my personal statement also talked a lot about my Christian faith...so that might be why.

Is everyone getting their interview invites by mail or have any of you been called?

I was complete 09/26 (they let me know by email) and still no word on an interview..

They send out interview invites in the mail... or at least they did last year. Thin letters are not always a bad thing.

Great, now instead of frantically checking my email 25 times a day, I will be running to the stupid mail box.

yup... its thru snailmail!!!

SearsTower said:
convert to get an interview.
HAHAHA That's fabulous! I probably shouldn't have marked that I'm Muslim on the secondary. Maybe they'll look at it as an opportunity for evangelism.

me too.. in fact, all of the socal schools are taking their sweet time. Except Irvine.

My thoughts exactly, I heard from Irvine about 2-3 weeks after i was complete and been complete at Loma Linda, UCLA, UCSD and USC for around 8 weeks and not a word. It friggin aggrevating for the $100 bucks i gave USC they could at least reject, interview or just give me an status update after say a month or two of being complete

firebird69guy said:
me too.. in fact, all of the socal schools are taking their sweet time. Except Irvine.

I feel ya, I am worried that calling may not be the best option either.

Got a letter about 4 days ago for interview. 3.7/33, non-SDA, non-denominational Christian, CA resident.

firebird69guy said:

Hey firebird69guy, I just gotta ask, who is that gorgeous lady in your avatar? :)

Messerschmitts said:
Hey firebird69guy, I just gotta ask, who is that gorgeous lady in your avatar? :)

That's the beautiful Keira Knightley! Pirates of the Caribbean, Domino, Bend it like Beckham.. Can't wait to see her in the second Pirates movie

In other news: I GOT AN INTERVIEW FOR LOMA LINDA TODAY!! VIA SNAIL MAIL!

For those curious, I was complete sometime in September.. I am non-SDA, but have a non-denominational Christian background. I'm pretty excited about this one!

Question: What are the Loma Linda numbers for Interviews and Acceptances? I've looked for this but haven't found anything.. Anyone have an idea?

Good luck to all!

firebird69guy said:
That's the beautiful Keira Knightley! Pirates of the Caribbean, Domino, Bend it like Beckham.. Can't wait to see her in the second Pirates movie

For those curious, I was complete sometime in September.. I am non-SDA, but have a non-denominational Christian background. I'm pretty excited about this one!

Question: What are the Loma Linda numbers for Interviews and Acceptances? I've looked for this but haven't found anything.. Anyone have an idea?

Good luck to all!

Congrats!!!!

I'm going to check the mail right now, cross your fingers :luck:

goinverted said:
Congrats!!!!

I'm going to check the mail right now, cross your fingers :luck:

fingers and toes crossed. Go grab that letter!!

firebird69guy said:

Good luck to all!

Hey if you looked back a page ON THIS THREAD you would have found the answer to your question. Hehe, just thought I'd rub that in! :p ;)

For the guy who was wondering:
3144 applied
351 interviewed
166 matriculated

Wow! 3000 --> 350 I had no idea it was that competitive. I'm still surprised they haven't rejected me yet. Do you know when their interview season ends?

I knew those numbers already, but am curious as to how many people they actually accept out of their interview pool. Not the number that actually matriculates..

=)

firebird69guy said:
I knew those numbers already, but am curious as to how many people they actually accept out of their interview pool. Not the number that actually matriculates..

=)

Oh, okay. :oops:

Ya, I was wondering how many they accept too... Anyone know an average for most schools about acceptances vs. matriculated students? Although of course it must be more than 166 who are accepted which is great odds for those of us with interviews! :thumbup: :thumbup:

chaeymaey- Not sure about their interview season. Anyone else know? Good luck! :luck:

I think they interview into May. I checked the interview feedback and somebody on there (if the date is correct) interviewed in mid-June.

firebird69guy said:

I love Keira! I can't believe I didn't recognise her! I know we're supposed to be talking about Loma Linda, but damn that Ms. Knightley is one fine-lookin' lady. I loved her in King Arthur and Love Actually. OMG...Keira Knightley was born in 1985!!? That makes her younger than I am! Wow, that just blew my mind.

Other than that, congrats on your interview invite! I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon, no church connexions. :(

Congrats firebird, One of my friends also got her interview invite yesterday, she's non SDA but has Christian EC's on AMCAS and talked a lot about that on the secondary. She's an August MCAT'er though which worries me.

Does that mean they've already looked over all the April MCATers? Me included?? I guess I can check the wall of shame thread to see if anyone has been rejected yet but I don't think they have yet. Maybe they have us ranked for interviews in some order or another. I don't know. I just hope I get a letter too. It just seems less likely now. :(

coco said:
Congrats firebird, One of my friends also got her interview invite yesterday, she's non SDA but has Christian EC's on AMCAS and talked a lot about that on the secondary. She's an August MCAT'er though which worries me.

Does that mean they've already looked over all the April MCATers? Me included?? I guess I can check the wall of shame thread to see if anyone has been rejected yet but I don't think they have yet. Maybe they have us ranked for interviews in some order or another. I don't know. I just hope I get a letter too. It just seems less likely now. :(

Thanks coco.. I'm pretty excited about it all.. I took the MCAT in April and was complete sometime in September. I'm sure they invite for interviews well into next spring; they're just really slow!!

I'm trying to figure out where I can fly into.. San Bernardino? I might just drive but it's a good 7-8 hrs on the road. The rear end can only handle so much, ya know?? Luckily my parents live halfway. Does anyone know where they are in terms of scheduling interviews? Dec? Jan?

well if most schools accept almost double the amount that matriculate... then anyone with an interview is in!!!!!! :D
I wish... but it does kind of work out something close to that.

tajmahalwonder said:

I am SDA.
27/3.5
Interviewed in Nov.

I just scheduled my interview today.. they are working with late Jan and early-mid February already. Not too many dates available.. I'm going to have to take time off work to attend the interview. Oh well..