This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goblinxoxo

Reaction score
1) My school doesn't have a neuroscience department, but my major has an emphasis in neuro that I took psychopharmacology and cognitive neuroscience for (both in the psych department). In terms of LOR, could these count as science faculty? I asked my pre-med advisor and he said it depends on the school, but also did not give me much info on how to go about contacting schools to ask about this? I'm thinking either of these two professors would give me a much stronger letter in comparison to other hard science professors (who taught me in large lectures and probably don't remember my name).

2) Also, I'm applying to MD only (since my clinical experiences have only ever been with MDs so I wouldn't be able to get a DO letter for the osteopathic programs I originally considered). So I know that a handful of schools "strongly recommend" a letter from a physician but many others don't. For the schools that don't specify this (especially for those that ask for a letter from someone who didn't teach me), would it hurt my app if I did not have a physician letter? Overall, I'm including the two science + one non-science (and/or major department faculty letter). Also might include my research PI, but I'm just wondering about how much a physician letter could make or break my chances.

Thanks in advance!!!

Members don't see this ad.