Low GPA, high DAT? What should I do?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, OP, your DAT is good but it's not exceptional. My suggestion would be to do a post-bach like others have suggested and move on from there :) You'll be fine if you work hard!

Also, ignore the condescending chirps coming from a certain *somebody* in this thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not ironic at all. Just curious, why'd you register a new name to talk ****? Are you that afraid of confrontation online you need a second layer of anonymity?

You seem like the type of person who would ruin someone's life because they hurt your giant ego.

I just created an account. I don't know why you think I was here before, although now I'm extremely happy that you have no information about me.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions if you do it without being a jerk. Don't feign ignorance here, it's pretty clear that you were baiting the OP.

This (which you promptly liked, might I add) is how the DAT connects to your comments.

And yet you respond with "lol." Nice.

you are just deeply impressed with someone who scores as high as Feralis, who is generous enough to share his notes, which is not bad note at all, to help you shorten your study time. this just shows the moment you see Feralis, you think of his DAT score. He didn't brag/boast/show off his DAT score yet you were the one who brought the DAT into first. This just means you are probably just jealous that people look up to him.

Like I said, you're lucky nobody expects you to function well in a social environment. If you're as condescending in real life as you are online, I really do feel sorry for you.

He is not condescending. The OP is clearly misinformed. with 2.9 sGPA and 3.2 GPA from Havard, Yale, Stanford, he will have a hard time in dental school admission unless he is an URM or have super deep connections. it is better to give the OP reality check than to sell false hopes. you are probably just admitted to Feralis Jealous Team.

Like I said, you should sharpen up your RC skills! Search and Destroy works on the DAT, but not in real life.

LOL again, this shows you are jealous of his DAT score, come on, if you make it into DS, DAT score is the past now. he was generous enough to share his DAT experience and even post up his notes and techniques to help other people.

Says the guy who studied for his DAT for 7 years.

I mean, all credit to you for doing so well but damn.

you CLEARLY are jealous of Feralis' Godlike DAT score. Even your grand-grand-grand son/daughter, born with the best genes, molded by highly educated parents, trained by the best tutors, won't even have the brain to perform as well as Feralis. Though I dont think he takes 7 years, if he does, it is still better than your lineage taking generations to probably not achieve what he did.

The OP is clearly misinformed, with a 3.2 cGPA and 2.9 GPA, unless he is URM, he gotta pull that cGPA to 3.4 and sGPA to 3.3 at least and retake the DAT to stand a chance. I mean just a chance because he gotta prove he is different than the 2.9 sGPA student. 2.9 sGPA is like what? mostly B. even though he has 10000000 EC hours and shadow 10000 dentists and help homeless people for 10000 hours, without stats, the doors are shut.

with this GPA, you better think of back up plans, the DAT is below average-average too. anyone can walk in DAT test room with 3 weeks study time and get that score.

come on, SDN is helpful but it is better to give accurate advice. OP, do you want to spend 3-4k$, that is better put to use on better things, than to apply to dental school with a few interviews (and no rejections) or worse, no interviews?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
you are just deeply impressed with someone who scores as high as Feralis, who is generous enough to share his notes, which is not bad note at all, to help you shorten your study time. this just shows the moment you see Feralis, you think of his DAT score. He didn't brag/boast/show off his DAT score yet you were the one who brought the DAT into first. This just means you are probably just jealous that people look up to him.

He is not condescending. The OP is clearly misinformed. with 2.9 sGPA and 3.2 GPA from Havard, Yale, Stanford, he will have a hard time in dental school admission unless he is an URM or have super deep connections. it is better to give the OP reality check than to sell false hopes. you are probably just admitted to Feralis Jealous Team.

LOL again, this shows you are jealous of his DAT score, come on, if you make it into DS, DAT score is the past now. he was generous enough to share his DAT experience and even post up his notes and techniques to help other people.

you CLEARLY are jealous of Feralis' Godlike DAT score. Even your grand-grand-grand son/daughter, born with the best genes, molded by highly educated parents, trained by the best tutors, won't even have the brain to perform as well as Feralis. Though I dont think he takes 7 years, if he does, it is still better than you taking generations to probably not achieve what he did.

The OP is clearly misinformed, with a 3.2 cGPA and 2.9 GPA, unless he is URM, he gotta pull that cGPA to 3.4 and sGPA to 3.3 at least and retake the DAT to stand a chance. I mean just a chance because he gotta prove he is different than the 2.9 sGPA student. 2.9 sGPA is like what? mostly B. even though he has 10000000 EC hours and shadow 10000 dentists and help homeless people for 10000 hours, without stats, the do

with this GPA, you better think of back up plans, the DAT is below average-average too. anyone can walk in DAT test room with 3 weeks study time and get that score.

Careful now, Feralis might think you're being serious.

Thank the dental gods for that DAT score though!

Careful now, Feralis might think you're being serious.

Thank the dental gods for that DAT score though!

LOL people on SDN are so misinformed and clearly bite on false hopes the moment they see it.

yea say someone who uses someone else's material and does not have a sense of gratefulness. Dogs are grateful to their owners though.

When did I say anything to even remotely suggest that jealousy is at play here? Since no one understood my DAT comment, I'll clarify. Feralis's SDN identity is basically built upon his performance on the DAT. Understandably, this makes him an authority figure, and as a result, others feed into whatever he says (see the comment I previously quoted). Now, this isn't a problem when his words are constructive, but in the recent past, they have simply been derogatory and belittling. I was merely expressing disappointment in the fact that someone who is clearly so book smart and seemingly committed to helping other applicants (e.g., Feralis's notes) would act in such an immature manner. Of course, Feralis can do whatever he wants to do and say whatever he wants to say, but I had hoped that he would leverage his status to treat our future colleagues with respect and support, not arrogance and condescension. Apparently, this isn't the case, and I for one won't sit idly by while it happens, regardless of how much he has done to help the community.

Reactions: 5 users
Truth: Feralis only scored 14AA and 15TS on his DAT

Truth: Feralis only scored 14AA and 15TS on his DAT
I know right? I saw you said it twice, but nobody seem to notice it. Lol. He can definitely works on his PAT score too

Dude, some of your comments (not necessarily in this thread) are bordering on cyberbullying. Just be nice, seriously. No need for the attitude.

There's really nothing too rude in this thread (maybe I'm less sensitive than most people or maybe you are selective about whose rudeness you complain about). I'm surprised simply saying 'lol' in response to UVA has triggered this reaction from so many people, yourself included. One person's opinions on the internet (however disagreeable you find them) shouldn't be causing this much distress.

There's really nothing too rude in this thread.
Hence:
Dude, some of your comments (not necessarily in this thread) are bordering on cyberbullying. Just be nice, seriously. No need for the attitude.
I'm surprised simply saying 'lol' in response to UVA has triggered this reaction from so many people, yourself included.
If you think that a single word is the cause of my response, then I don't know what to say. Try taking a look at some of your comments in other threads throughout the past week.
One person's opinions on the internet (however disagreeable you find them) shouldn't be causing this much distress.
I agree, but not everyone has such thick skin. You can express your opinions without putting other people down. Just something to consider.

Last edited:
If you think that a single word is the cause of my response, then I don't know what to say. Try taking a look at some of your comments in other threads throughout the past week.

I looked. I am genuinely curious what comments you may be referring to that qualify as 'borderline cyberbullying'.

Feralis, did you say "lol" to the fact that the OP went to UVA...? Why, isn't UVA a really good school though? Or did you have some other reasoning behind why you said "lol"?

I think if I'm following correctly he was amused at the notion that UVA was a "really" good school. It's a good school. It's no stanford, HPY, or MIT type school. In other words dental schools aren't likely to go oh wow UVA and give a pass for lower than average stats. Even for those schools it would be surprising for any leniency considering that sci GPA.

Reactions: 1 users
This probably isn't what you want to hear but you need to go back and get a masters degree and pull a really high GPA (3.8-4.0) for that two years. The vast majority of schools aren't going to even consider anyone who has less than a 3.0. Most really want an overall GPA of 3.5+ to put you in a competitive position.

To the OP: If I were you, I'd give the application process a shot and apply to 3 or 4 schools with lower GPA requirements. There are people that get in with those stats, even if they're not stellar, if they apply early and have a solid interview. That said, have a plan in mind in case you do not get in. Look for a job or other opportunities meanwhile. Is in interview likely? Maybe not. Impossible? No. Also, I don't understand why we need to beat up the OP for asking a question or making some assumptions.

you CLEARLY are jealous of Feralis' Godlike DAT score. Even your grand-grand-grand son/daughter, born with the best genes, molded by highly educated parents, trained by the best tutors, won't even have the brain to perform as well as Feralis. Though I dont think he takes 7 years, if he does, it is still better than your lineage taking generations to probably not achieve what he did.

The OP is clearly misinformed, with a 3.2 cGPA and 2.9 GPA, unless he is URM, he gotta pull that cGPA to 3.4 and sGPA to 3.3 at least and retake the DAT to stand a chance. I mean just a chance because he gotta prove he is different than the 2.9 sGPA student. 2.9 sGPA is like what? mostly B. even though he has 10000000 EC hours and shadow 10000 dentists and help homeless people for 10000 hours, without stats, the doors are shut.

come on, SDN is helpful but it is better to give accurate advice. OP, do you want to spend 3-4k$, that is better put to use on better things, than to apply to dental school with a few interviews (and no rejections) or worse, no interviews?

By being honest with yourself, you can save money and plan accordingly. False hopes should be contained within the realms of pharmacy school. By the way, why was your account on hold?

By being honest with yourself, you can save money and plan accordingly. False hopes should be contained within the realms of pharmacy school. By the way, why was your account on hold?

u shouldnt say this to me. but i appreciate ur comment as it speaks my mind

my account was on hold because im not supposed to share with u.

Status
Not open for further replies.