This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

girl8996

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently a junior. Recently decided to go into DO school....did not have much guidance during college, first two years were very tough with low gpa. Recently decided to go into osteopathic medicine. Have a lot of C's. New to this, have a lot of questions but don't know who to ask so posting on here.
sGPA 3.1
cGPA 3.0
300+ hours of clinical experience as CNA
50 hours of physician shadowing experience
50 hours of tutoring
No Research
MCAT will be taken on January 28

1.What MCAT score do i need to get into DO school?
2.What are my chances of getting into DO school with low gpa?
3. What do I need to improve?
4. By not having any research done, will it effect chances of getting into DO school?
5. Do you think I will have to take a gap year?

Members don't see this ad.

A lot depends on your MCAT. With your current GPA you would need a MCAT of 505 to be competitive for some DO schools. If you can increase your GPA to 3.2 by the time you graduate then a 500 would be adequate for some of the newer schools. You will need a gap year since you need higher grades from your senior year to show up on your application.

I recommend a 505+

Low. You'd be auto-rejected at my school, AZCOM, CCOM, BCOM, KCU and the coastal Touros. Chances best with the newest schools, like the two in AR, RVU-UT, and UIW.

Suggest retaking all F/D/C science coursework. Does wonders ffor the GPA.

Nope.
4. By not having any research done, will it effect chances of getting into DO school?

You tell me.
5. Do you think I will have to take a gap year?[/QUOTE]

Members don't see this ad :)
I recommend a 505+

Low. You'd be auto-rejected at my school, AZCOM, CCOM, BCOM, KCU and the coastal Touros. Chances best with the newest schools, like the two in AR, RVU-UT, and UIW.

Suggest retaking all F/D/C science coursework. Does wonders ffor the GPA.

Nope.

You tell me.
5. Do you think I will have to take a gap year?
[/QUOTE]

My school does not allow me to retake classes that are 2.0 above. What do I do now? Do i have to retake them at another school?

You don't HAVE to do anything! People are making suggestions. What you do with them is totally up to you! DO has grade replacement so if you want to use that option you'll have to retake classes. But you can certainly take them at a different school. Just make sure they have the same number of hours etc.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.