LSU-New Orleans 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
9 WEEKS TO GO!!! :D :D :eek:

Into the single digits for the countdown.

Shout out to my fellow Camp Tiger-ers! Especially those who stayed on the "Party Barge"! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Medical School is fast approaching and I wanted to ask the upper classmen to post advice, or tips they feel will be helpful to the class of 2010, for instance; your likes or dislikes, class structure, advice on attending lectures, study habits, etc. All advice would be appreciated.

Does being accepted off the waitlist preclude me getting a spot at the cool kid's table?

Hi class of 2010! I'm happy to be here! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations Nodelphi on your acceptance and welcome to the Class :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nodelphi said:
Does being accepted off the waitlist preclude me getting a spot at the cool kid's table?

Hi class of 2010! I'm happy to be here! :D

Yea! :D

And of course, your acceptance is also your acceptance to the cool kid's table! :p

Congrats Nodelphi!
I am so excited to come back to the city. I've been apartment hunting all week, which is kindof difficult from across the country, but just thinking about moving back has me so excited. I'm trying to find a two bedroom so I can have my own study so as not to be evil to my husband when trying to study. If anyone knows of any pet friendly two bedrooms, preferably uptown, let me know. I can't wait to get this adventure started.

psipsina said:
Congrats Nodelphi!
I am so excited to come back to the city. I've been apartment hunting all week, which is kindof difficult from across the country, but just thinking about moving back has me so excited. I'm trying to find a two bedroom so I can have my own study so as not to be evil to my husband when trying to study. If anyone knows of any pet friendly two bedrooms, preferably uptown, let me know. I can't wait to get this adventure started.

Thanks. I'll ask my friends in uptown if they know of any places available and PM you if I find any. Until then have you checked out the classified sections of www.nola.com and www.bestofneworleans.com? Uptown apartments have been hard to come by lately, you may want to try looking into Metairie apartments, there are more available out there.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the city but I work at Tulane and drive past LSUHSC every day, if you take the interstate you'll be stuck in gridlock but Airline Highway/Tulane Ave has very little if any traffic between 8-9am so I would recommend going that route if possible in the mornings. It's pretty easy to take that route from metairie, I have a 10-15 minute drive time during rush hour.

Im taking the red eye from California on thurday night and staying for the weekend to look for a place. Ill let you know if I find anything. PM me with details of what you are looking for and ill keep an eye out.

Hey! Have y'all tried Craigslist? (www.craigslist.org) There's been a lot of stuff on there that was nice and affordable. You just have to act fast. You can also post that you are in need of housing.

Hey, I tried posting on the housing wanted forum on craigslist (previously I was only searching the available apartments) and have had a pretty decent response.
In other news is anyone else slightly disturbed by the financial aid e-mail we got yesterday?? I called the fin-aid office a few days ago to make sure that I was complete and they said that they hadn't gone thru all our stuff yet so they couldn't give me a difinitive status of my application . .. so does this mean that I might not get my aid on August 24th?? I completed everything as they sent it to us, and my fasfa and online interview were done in mid march, but I don't know what I would do without any money for up to four months! Anyone else worried about this or am I the only one a bit bugged out?

psipsina said:
In other news is anyone else slightly disturbed by the financial aid e-mail we got yesterday?? I called the fin-aid office a few days ago to make sure that I was complete and they said that they hadn't gone thru all our stuff yet so they couldn't give me a difinitive status of my application . .. so does this mean that I might not get my aid on August 24th?? I completed everything as they sent it to us, and my fasfa and online interview were done in mid march, but I don't know what I would do without any money for up to four months! Anyone else worried about this or am I the only one a bit bugged out?

Yeah, that was a bit unnerving to say the least! :eek:
I posted something on the Yahoo group site too. I emailed them today to ask when should we expect our aid to come through, and the reply was that new students weren't fully in the system yet (but they're working on it), therefore they couldn't download our FAFSA info yet. So from the date we're "complete", it will be four months. Which even if "complete" was today, that would be mid-October before fin aid. They did mention that as long as we're "complete" by registration day, they would postpone fee statements (tuition and fees?), but that doesn't do anything for living expenses, right?
I'm married, and we *can* squeak by before aid kicks in (2 months of ramen?), but what about others?

If anyone has more insight, please advise.

southerncomfort said:
Yeah, that was a bit unnerving to say the least! :eek:
I posted something on the Yahoo group site too. I emailed them today to ask when should we expect our aid to come through, and the reply was that new students weren't fully in the system yet (but they're working on it), therefore they couldn't download our FAFSA info yet. So from the date we're "complete", it will be four months. Which even if "complete" was today, that would be mid-October before fin aid. They did mention that as long as we're "complete" by registration day, they would postpone fee statements (tuition and fees?), but that doesn't do anything for living expenses, right?
I'm married, and we *can* squeak by before aid kicks in (2 months of ramen?), but what about others?

If anyone has more insight, please advise.

Yah, I'm married too but we were looking at places based on the idea that my aid would be available by september. We were figuring on spending my aid minus health insurance to pay our rent for a year and my husband would cover all other expenses (car, utilities, food, medicine, etc . . .) with his income. I don't think we can make it without the aid. And what about books and supplies? No bueno.

Members don't see this ad :)
psipsina said:
Yah, I'm married too but we were looking at places based on the idea that my aid would be available by september. We were figuring on spending my aid minus health insurance to pay our rent for a year and my husband would cover all other expenses (car, utilities, food, medicine, etc . . .) with his income. I don't think we can make it without the aid. And what about books and supplies? No bueno.

Married here too. Wow there are a lot of us married folks entering this year. Anyhow luckily my wife will be employed and we can squeek by on her income for a while but it'll be tighter than I'd like. I was hoping to go on a nice long vacation in july, maybe I'll work a little longer instead. :(

Perhapse there's something they can do to advance us some funds.

Nodelphi said:
Married here too. Wow there are a lot of us married folks entering this year. Anyhow luckily my wife will be employed and we can squeek by on her income for a while but it'll be tighter than I'd like. I was hoping to go on a nice long vacation in july, maybe I'll work a little longer instead. :(

Perhapse there's something they can do to advance us some funds.

On the yahoo board someone said they have emergency loans, but those have to be paid back in 90 days and are only for 1500-2000 max. I wish they would have given us a heads up about this before May 15th . . . I really love LSU-New Orleans but one of the main reasons I chose it was to avoid financial stress over the next four years. I'm going to call when I am off tomorrow and see if I can get some more substantial information. I also e-mailed my big buddy to see if she can ferret out some info for us. I totally understand that they are short staffed but they have to have a contingency plan other than "ooops no living expenses for you . . ."

freelow said:
Medical School is fast approaching and I wanted to ask the upper classmen to post advice, or tips they feel will be helpful to the class of 2010, for instance; your likes or dislikes, class structure, advice on attending lectures, study habits, etc. All advice would be appreciated.
It's a little hard for the c/o 2009 to give advice on specifics, since our experience was drastically different than previous years. Hopefully, we'lll be able to enlighten you in the small group sessions during orientation.

You'll have 3 courses first semester, Gross Anatomy, Histology and Human Prenatal Development (HPD). Additionally, the Science and Practice of Medicine (SPM) will include "weekly" DXR/Diagnostic Reasoning (a computer program that simulates a patient visit) assignments, weekly clinical forums (ethics and doctor-patient relationship discussions) and several physical exam sessions.

The first semester is organized into three blocks:

Block A
Back and Upper Extremity - My advice: learn the basics of the brachial plexus first. It'll make consolidating the rest of this block's info a little easier. The main objective of this block is to understand the movements of the upper extremity.

Block B
Head and Neck - Foramina and Cranial Nerves, etc.

Block C
Pelvis, Perineum, and Lower Extremity

As you can see the blocks are defined based on Gross. Histo and HPD topics will generally follow/overlap what's covered in Gross.

One thing I wish I knew is...when they say you have to know head and neck, or upper extremity, etc...THEY REALLY MEAN IT. Learning bones, muscles, and their attachments is just scratching the surface. You'll learn nerve and arterial supply, venous drainage, lymphatics. EVERYTHING! When you start medical school you really don't know what to expect so this caught me a little off guard. Looking back is doesn't seem that difficult. Hindsight 20/20...I guess. There's so much detail. It's a tremendous amount of information that's crammed into such a short time period. There are moments when you actually enjoy it. We (c/o 09) had only three weeks of lab before Katrina. Thank GOD! :D The currents L3s talk seem to mention how time in the lab seemed to take away from time that could've been used for studying. We always try to compare who had it worse, but it's really comparing apples to oranges.

My experience. On my first "real" day of medical school (post-orientation) I discovered that you're starting from behind...not just a little behind...but A LOT BEHIND. One the second day, I realized they're giving you more and more information faster than you'd want or need it. One of my classmates compared it to drinking form a fire hose. On day three, I felt incredibly overwhelmed and honestly didn't know what the hell I gotten myself into. I seriously doubted that I was going to make it through. I had one of those "I've made a big mistake moments." :laugh: I can laugh about it now.

KEEP THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE! Most medical students go through some form of shock, doubt, disappointment, or depression at various points of their medical school careers. If you start to feel that way, recognize that it's part of the PROCESS. You're not the first medical student have those feelings and you won't be the last. It's possible to study your butt off for an exam and still fail. That can be disheartening. Just pick yourself up and focus on the next exam ('cause there's always another exam)!

The first semester (and medical school in general) requires discipline and focus at a level higher than your medical school preparation (i.e. undergrad, MCAT prep, etc.). I'm not a morning person (well, I definitely wasn't one first semester). Starting my day in the morning for an 8am class and trying to stay alert throughout the day, after lunch, and during the afternoon was pretty difficult. You soon realize the end of your class day is the beginning of your study day. Initially, it's difficult to figure out what type of schedule works. That's something each individual has to work out on his/her own.

Sometimes that involves conforming to something you're not comfortable with ("becoming" a morning person because you realize you actually get a lot out of class). Other times that involves ditching portions of the curriculum you don't find useful (skipping particular lectures because reading the book is more effective and a better use of your time).

The first semester of your L1 year has been called the secondmost difficult semester. I always find that statement humorous since it only compares four semesters...but I digress. The adjustment makes it so difficult. One thing you'll find is that you're constantly making changing to your study habits. Your routine will change based on how you did on your last exam or the particular block you're in.

I always compare it to juggling. How many of you can juggle? Most people can't! Handling 2 classes is generally something most students do pretty well....but, of course, they throw in that third one. :smuggrin:

Don't feel like you have to read everything. Don't worry about how other people study. People will say...

YOU NEED TO USE REVIEW BOOKS - High Yield and Board Review Series (BRS)!
DEFINITELY READ THE NOTESETS!
YOU'VE GOT TO DO THE CUTOUTS!
GO THROUGH ALL THE POWERPOINTS!

...but ultimately do what you feel comfortable with and what works for you!

Notesets - The Notetaking Service (NTS) provides lecture notes for a fee. It is a student-run/student-written/student-reviewed organization.

Cutouts is a packet that contains old exam questions.

Remember...
There's more than one way to skin a cat.
Different strokes for different folks.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. :confused: This one is inappropriate but I've always like it! :rolleyes:

What should you do when school starts? Maintain a consistent study schedule.

What to do right now? Spend time with the people that mean the most to you. :thumbup:

has anyone heard what our budget is going to be? how much we are getting for living expenses and such?

I didn't know there was a yahoo group site for us

Thanks 2Tall for your advice~~

sactown are you from cali? I'm in so cal too~

2Tall.......This is a great post (I'm in the same class as 2Tall). You summed up
my first year. Like you said, if I did bad on a test, I would try to study differently to do better on the next test b/c all that matters is getting the "P" at the end of the semester. I skipped classes because I have a family, and I needed to start studying earlier in the day b/c "your study day begins when the school day ends" this can make for long nights when you don't start studying until 4-5pm.

Our first semester was very hard b/c it progressed at break-neck speed to make up for time lost to Katrina.....and they couldn't leave info out.

Enjoy your time now...USE CUTOUTS...my dumb ass refused to do it the first semester....and my test scores reflected my stubborness. I would put off using them by teling myself that I din't know enough to do them......when I used them my test score would go up like 15-20 points.

Get to know your classmates, thier names. Seek out Drs Whitworth and Swartz...they are wonderful.

2tall said:
It's a little hard for the c/o 2009 to give advice on specifics, since our experience was drastically different than previous years. Hopefully, we'lll be able to enlighten you in the small group sessions during orientation.

You'll have 3 courses first semester, Gross Anatomy, Histology and Human Prenatal Development (HPD). Additionally, the Science and Practice of Medicine (SPM) will include "weekly" DXR/Diagnostic Reasoning (a computer program that simulates a patient visit) assignments, weekly clinical forums (ethics and doctor-patient relationship discussions) and several physical exam sessions.

The first semester is organized into three blocks:

Block A
Back and Upper Extremity - My advice: learn the basics of the brachial plexus first. It'll make consolidating the rest of this block's info a little easier. The main objective of this block is to understand the movements of the upper extremity.

Block B
Head and Neck - Foramina and Cranial Nerves, etc.

Block C
Pelvis, Perineum, and Lower Extremity

As you can see the blocks are defined based on Gross. Histo and HPD topics will generally follow/overlap what's covered in Gross.

One thing I wish I knew is...when they say you have to know head and neck, or upper extremity, etc...THEY REALLY MEAN IT. Learning bones, muscles, and their attachments is just scratching the surface. You'll learn nerve and arterial supply, venous drainage, lymphatics. EVERYTHING! When you start medical school you really don't know what to expect so this caught me a little off guard. Looking back is doesn't seem that difficult. Hindsight 20/20...I guess. There's so much detail. It's a tremendous amount of information that's crammed into such a short time period. There are moments when you actually enjoy it. We (c/o 09) had only three weeks of lab before Katrina. Thank GOD! :D The currents L3s talk seem to mention how time in the lab seemed to take away from time that could've been used for studying. We always try to compare who had it worse, but it's really comparing apples to oranges.

My experience. On my first "real" day of medical school (post-orientation) I discovered that you're starting from behind...not just a little behind...but A LOT BEHIND. One the second day, I realized they're giving you more and more information faster than you'd want or need it. One of my classmates compared it to drinking form a fire hose. On day three, I felt incredibly overwhelmed and honestly didn't know what the hell I gotten myself into. I seriously doubted that I was going to make it through. I had one of those "I've made a big mistake moments." :laugh: I can laugh about it now.

KEEP THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE! Most medical students go through some form of shock, doubt, disappointment, or depression at various points of their medical school careers. If you start to feel that way, recognize that it's part of the PROCESS. You're not the first medical student have those feelings and you won't be the last. It's possible to study your butt off for an exam and still fail. That can be disheartening. Just pick yourself up and focus on the next exam ('cause there's always another exam)!

The first semester (and medical school in general) requires discipline and focus at a level higher than your medical school preparation (i.e. undergrad, MCAT prep, etc.). I'm not a morning person (well, I definitely wasn't one first semester). Starting my day in the morning for an 8am class and trying to stay alert throughout the day, after lunch, and during the afternoon was pretty difficult. You soon realize the end of your class day is the beginning of your study day. Initially, it's difficult to figure out what type of schedule works. That's something each individual has to work out on his/her own.

Sometimes that involves conforming to something you're not comfortable with ("becoming" a morning person because you realize you actually get a lot out of class). Other times that involves ditching portions of the curriculum you don't find useful (skipping particular lectures because reading the book is more effective and a better use of your time).

The first semester of your L1 year has been called the secondmost difficult semester. I always find that statement humorous since it only compares four semesters...but I digress. The adjustment makes it so difficult. One thing you'll find is that you're constantly making changing to your study habits. Your routine will change based on how you did on your last exam or the particular block you're in.

I always compare it to juggling. How many of you can juggle? Most people can't! Handling 2 classes is generally something most students do pretty well....but, of course, they throw in that third one. :smuggrin:

Don't feel like you have to read everything. Don't worry about how other people study. People will say...

YOU NEED TO USE REVIEW BOOKS - High Yield and Board Review Series (BRS)!
DEFINITELY READ THE NOTESETS!
YOU'VE GOT TO DO THE CUTOUTS!
GO THROUGH ALL THE POWERPOINTS!

...but ultimately do what you feel comfortable with and what works for you!

Notesets - The Notetaking Service (NTS) provides lecture notes for a fee. It is a student-run/student-written/student-reviewed organization.

Cutouts is a packet that contains old exam questions.

Remember...
There's more than one way to skin a cat.
Different strokes for different folks.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. :confused: This one is inappropriate but I've always like it! :rolleyes:

What should you do when school starts? Maintain a consistent study schedule.

What to do right now? Spend time with the people that mean the most to you. :thumbup:

As someone who had a "normal" experience of freshman year, I'll just add this. On the rare occasion that I showed up prepared for lab, I seemed to get way more accomplished, instead of just zoning out or using it as social time.

Just study like crazy, harder than you ever have and don't stop. :p

Have they told you jokers anything else about fin aid? What about those of us who are returning? Term? 2tall? any expected delays in our aid? Does anyone (who can affect such things) even remotely care?

Termwean said:
Enjoy your time now...USE CUTOUTS...my dumb ass refused to do it the first semester....and my test scores reflected my stubborness. I would put off using them by teling myself that I din't know enough to do them......when I used them my test score would go up like 15-20 points.

What are cutouts? Can anyone elaborate?

Cut-outs are old test questions from pre-computer years. In certain classes, some questions in the cutouts and the test are almost the same. They help you prepare for the style of questions on the tests.

I (and many others) are not fond of our F-aid department... that's putting it politely!

ToPa55 said:
What are cutouts? Can anyone elaborate?

Sorry for the late reponse. I have been busy with school due to Hurricane Katrina. :thumbdown:

THANKS 2tall and everyone else who posted!!! They were very informative. :)
I see I have a lot to look forward to in the fall. I know it won't be easy. I love learning, however, I love my sleep and social life a tad bit better. Hopefully, I will find something that works.

On another note, it sucks that we won't recieve our loan money until after school starts. That is a real kick in the groin for some of us. Luckly, I can stay with my parents very close to the school (westbank) so I can manage. However, it will be difficult for others. It's the school fault, not those who completed everything. There must be something that can be done. Some of us don't need this right now with day 1 of class around the corner.

Nodelphi said:
Thanks. I'll ask my friends in uptown if they know of any places available and PM you if I find any. Until then have you checked out the classified sections of www.nola.com and www.bestofneworleans.com? Uptown apartments have been hard to come by lately, you may want to try looking into Metairie apartments, there are more available out there.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the city but I work at Tulane and drive past LSUHSC every day, if you take the interstate you'll be stuck in gridlock but Airline Highway/Tulane Ave has very little if any traffic between 8-9am so I would recommend going that route if possible in the mornings. It's pretty easy to take that route from metairie, I have a 10-15 minute drive time during rush hour.

and Craig's list...

Yall should check out the thread - Tulane Safety?? in the pre-allopathic forum. its an interesting read for those of us in new orleans - it always is entertaining (frustrating?) to peruse the highly opinionated views of those who don't live here but seem to have all the "answers" for our city.

nellinola said:
Yall should check out the thread - Tulane Safety?? in the pre-allopathic forum. its an interesting read for those of us in new orleans - it always is entertaining (frustrating?) to peruse the highly opinionated views of those who don't live here but seem to have all the "answers" for our city.

Ditto on that!
What gets me is that I'm sure these are some of the same kids who a few months ago caught the "Katrina Bug" of "We're going down to save New Orleans and to save the people, and we will be lauded as heroes, and get invited to go on 'Oprah', and win the Nobel Prize..." :rolleyes:
Exaggeration, yes, but you know what I mean.

hey sunkist, ya i am from cali. I live in sacramento and did my undergrad at UCLA. What part of so cal are you from?

I just got back from New Orleans a couple of days ago to look for a place to live. Prices are definitely high, but luckily my aunt owns some property so she hooked me up with a nice place for a good price. What does everybody think the best way to find a roommate is. My place is a 2 bedroom, so I need to find someone else to live there, but I want to make sure its someone that I will get along with during the year.

southerncomfort said:
Ditto on that!
What gets me is that I'm sure these are some of the same kids who a few months ago caught the "Katrina Bug" of "We're going down to save New Orleans and to save the people, and we will be lauded as heroes, and get invited to go on 'Oprah', and win the Nobel Prize..." :rolleyes:
Exaggeration, yes, but you know what I mean.

no doubt!

sactown said:
hey sunkist, ya i am from cali. I live in sacramento and did my undergrad at UCLA. What part of so cal are you from?

I just got back from New Orleans a couple of days ago to look for a place to live. Prices are definitely high, but luckily my aunt owns some property so she hooked me up with a nice place for a good price. What does everybody think the best way to find a roommate is. My place is a 2 bedroom, so I need to find someone else to live there, but I want to make sure its someone that I will get along with during the year.

Hey~~ I went to UCLA for undergrad too!!! I'm actually still here just finishing up my masters. The prices in New Orleans can't be as high as Westwood right? I don't have any connections at New Orleans so I'm thinking of just staying in the dorms until I can figure everything out. Did you get to see the campus while you were there? Are most of the departments back?

7 Weeks To Go!! :D

(And personally, 3 more weeks of work!!!! :D :D :D )

For those of us that are single out there, what is everyone doing for housing. All of the school housing is (has been) completely booked at least thru January. I am looking at renting a house/apartment but would love to have a roommate since the market is price gouged and to help cut down on the cost of utilities if split. Anyone out there already have a place and in need of a roommate, or anyone out there wanting to get a 2 or 3 bedroom place. It would certainly be nice that we are on the same schedule and convenient for studying together. Respond back with any interest in rooming together- I am a male but at this point rooming with a male of female is fine with me as I have lived with both in the past.

Sactown- still need someone for your place, any info? Thanks

Hey, its official, I have a lease and am movin to New Orleans on the 15th, anyone else gonna be in the city soon?? I'm so excited.

Zeus, I sent you a PM.

Hey, kiddos

Good luck with the housing hunt; my roommate and I spent all day yesterday searching and finally found a 2BR in Met (just south of I-10 near Clearview) for 800/mo. Not too shabby I should think.

Got to look at the school itself yesterday; construction is everywhere and I was kinda surprised and how much work still needs to be done. The MEB looks good except for the first floor; the two main lecture halls are nothing but drywall and concrete. They won't be ready for quite some time, so who knows where we shall have class. My guess is one of the big rooms on the 3rd floor, but we'll see.

They also rearranged the parking lots, but I can't tell if we have more space or less space. The dorms seem fine as far as I can tell, a few boarded up windows but nothing major.

Ran into a third year who said that he was starting his medicine rotation soon... he just didn't know where yet. Lovely.

Glad you guys are excited about this, but don't be too surprised if you hit some speed bumps early and often. At LSU the general rule is you have to fend for yourself.

Anyone in need of an apartment? I have a 2 bedroom and am looking for a roommate. PM me and I'll give you all the details. Thanks.

Sactown- Thanks for the message but I got a place lined up in Old Metairie at I-10 and Bonnabel for $850 a month.

Sounds like things might be a little out of wack at the school for a bit of the first year or so but I feel confident that things will work out for us all, and it will be a good experience. Look forward to seeing everyone in 5 weeks!

No problem Zeus. Im sorry that I didnt get back to you soon enough. The place that I got is pretty nice and not too expensive. Its in the uptown area and Im only asking $500 for the other bedroom. If anyone knows of someone that needs a place to stay or knows of other places that I could post the listing to notify other people in our class please let me know.

sactown said:
No problem Zeus. Im sorry that I didnt get back to you soon enough. The place that I got is pretty nice and not too expensive. Its in the uptown area and Im only asking $500 for the other bedroom. If anyone knows of someone that needs a place to stay or knows of other places that I could post the listing to notify other people in our class please let me know.

Hey Sac, you might want to try the yahoo group: IncomingLSUMedStudents.

Also, does anyone have the scoop on when the July info packet will be sent? (Other than, you know, in July? :D )

I went by the medschool recently as well and while there's still a lot of work to be done I'm pleased with the progress. LSU began their recovery efforts about two months after Tulane began theirs and the schools are more or less in the same condition, almost everything above the first two floors looks functional. I think chameleonknight is right, there will certainly be some rocky patches but most of us have been through those before.

Thanks Nodelphi. I didnt even know about that interest group. Hopefully I'll find a taker.

Nodelphi said:
Oh chameleonknight please do not quote me, I am not worthy! :)

Thank God, this class has potential. I hope the rest of you are paying attention.

I attached a couple of pictures of the apartment and the room. I thought finding a roommate would be relatively easy, but its proving to be rather difficult.

Attachments

• P6180004.jpg
    P6180004.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 113
  • P6180009.jpg
    P6180009.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 81
  • P6180025.jpg
    P6180025.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 83
  • P6180033.jpg
    P6180033.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 92
sactown said:
I attached a couple of pictures of the apartment and the room. I thought finding a roommate would be relatively easy, but its proving to be rather difficult.
That's pretty nice.

Does your aunt have have any reasonable 1 BDs? Would I be privy to the niece/nephew deal?

Haha. I doubt it, but I'm sure I have cousin somewhere that I could hook you up with if you wanted to get in on the family deals. :laugh: She actually does have some other places, but they are already filled by her pre Katrina tenants.

Does anyone know what happens if we don't have our immunization forms in by July 21st?

ToPa5579 said:
Does anyone know what happens if we don't have our immunization forms in by July 21st?

Probably nothing. Are you having trouble getting one or something?

chameleonknight said:
Probably nothing. Are you having trouble getting one or something?

It's just that I lost all my records after Katrina, and I'm having a tough time getting copies. I might need to get a whole bunch of titers, but I don't think I can get that done by the deadline.

They claim that u wont be able to register during orientation, but i highly doubt that that will b enforced. They are being very lenient with deadlines and requirements because they too are having trouble staying organized and on top of things. After I sent my deposit check in, I called twice to make sure they had recieved it and that my place was held. Both times they said that they had to go to the post office to get things from the PO box in Baton Rouge and that my check was probably there, but that my place was held. Then a week later, I got a call asking me if I was planning on attending LSU for medical school. Haha. Gave me a little scare but things worked out. When I visited about a month ago they were very relaxed and said that they understood if people were having trouble getting things turned in. If you call and explain your situation, Im sure they will be understanding.

sactown said:
They claim that u wont be able to register during orientation, but i highly doubt that that will b enforced. They are being very lenient with deadlines and requirements because they too are having trouble staying organized and on top of things. After I sent my deposit check in, I called twice to make sure they had recieved it and that my place was held. Both times they said that they had to go to the post office to get things from the PO box in Baton Rouge and that my check was probably there, but that my place was held. Then a week later, I got a call asking me if I was planning on attending LSU for medical school. Haha. Gave me a little scare but things worked out. When I visited about a month ago they were very relaxed and said that they understood if people were having trouble getting things turned in. If you call and explain your situation, Im sure they will be understanding.

Thanks for the advice sactown. See you guys in a couple of weeks! we should all go out the weekend before classes and kill off a couple of more brain cells before we actually need to use them.