• Forums Updates - Thursday at 1:00 AM Eastern
    We will be performing some system maintenance on Thursday starting around 1:00 AM Eastern. The forums will be unavailable for approximately one hour.
  • Seeking Outstanding Advisors
    If you have benefited from an amazing advisor, nominate them for the 2024 Advisor of the Year Award! Accepting nominations now through March 31st.

LSU-New Orleans 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey!

Have you tried contacting your undergrad student health service? I got copies of my immunization records from them rather than trying to hunt down my old records. Also, on some of them (like polio) it says date of immun. or of last booster; my Dr. just gave me a polio booster, b/c I didn't have the original record for it (I hope that passes muster!). If you do need to get the titers, they can get the results back very quickly; I had one for Hep B and it came back the next day.

Members don't see this ad.
 
cubsrule4e said:
lol...You and Joey crack me up, Mike.


Hey, did you know that joey is my roommate now :p You guys should all come over and we'll throw heavy objects off the balcony.

/official thread hijack
 
Members don't see this ad :)
Cubs (can't believe you still claim them) is right on this point....Joey asks me to bring him food all the time. I usually respond with swears and laughs. When do you start back up cubs?


cubsrule4e said:
How in the world did you get suckered into that mooch-fest? Has he asked you to bring him food yet? That one never gets old!
 
Termwean said:
Cubs (can't believe you still claim them) is right on this point....Joey asks me to bring him food all the time. I usually respond with swears and laughs. When do you start back up cubs?

Look at this...im just "Cubs" to Mike...dont even get the dignity of being called by my actual name...must be cause im in Shreveport and, as we all know from previous posts in this thread, Shreveport is evil!

But to be civil and answer your question:

Tomorrow. Microbiology. Its going to be a suck-fest.
 
Relax dude, I would have went to Shreve if I had to, just like you would have went to New Orleans.......New Orleans was just a better deal for my family. Anything I say about Shreve is just is retaliation for the **** your administration was saying about our school when they went on campus visits.

Good luck with your second year.

cubsrule4e said:
Look at this...im just "Cubs" to Mike...dont even get the dignity of being called by my actual name...must be cause im in Shreveport and, as we all know from previous posts in this thread, Shreveport is evil!

But to be civil and answer your question:

Tomorrow. Microbiology. Its going to be a suck-fest.
 
has anyone heard from financial aid, yet?
does anyone know what we will be getting for living expenses?
 
bonesmd said:
has anyone heard from financial aid, yet?
Some have.
Some will have to wait four months to hear from 'em.

Do you feel lucky?
 
Has anyone heard anything at all?? I still don't have my finaid, which thank god for Fema isn't that tragic yet . . . I still haven't recieved another info packet with more details than the one we got about immunizations/computer etc . . . and to top it off I called the student health office to check that they had recieved my immunizations records which my PCP mailed 7/11 and they still don't have it and don't seem to understand why this bothers me . . . I'm calling each respective office today for further follow up, but seriously . . . I'm fine having to fend for myself but I am starting to worry about everything being in place for me to actually start medschool in 9 days, . . any of you upperclassmen have any words of encouragement . . for example "its all going to come together, its always this chaotic" ?. . . that would really make me feel better.
 
Yeah, its always fairly chaotic. :oops:

If LSU doesn't seem worried about it, then I wouldn't feel worried either (with the notable exception of Fin Aid). I was worried about fin aid also, but it looks like I'll be ok...

As stated previously, you can get bridge loans from campu federal (for a max of $1500 i think :p) Talk to your personal bank or credit union (capitalone or w/e) and see if they have any kind of short-term signature loans you can take out.

It sucks I know; one thing about LSU is they really, really expect you to be fairly independent. Good luck to all of you this year.
 
AT least y'all ain't gunna be in the classateria........L-1 room looked finished today. We still learnin in the foodless classateria.
 
Members don't see this ad :)
News: It's probably more chaotic than years past, since offices have moved and are understaffed.

Take a deep breath.
Good News: It will all come together.

I don't know whether you're having any luck over the phone. It's probably best if you visit each office in person before or during orientation.
psipsina said:
Has anyone heard anything at all?? I still don't have my finaid, which thank god for Fema isn't that tragic yet . . . I still haven't recieved another info packet with more details than the one we got about immunizations/computer etc . . . and to top it off I called the student health office to check that they had recieved my immunizations records which my PCP mailed 7/11 and they still don't have it and don't seem to understand why this bothers me . . . I'm calling each respective office today for further follow up, but seriously . . . I'm fine having to fend for myself but I am starting to worry about everything being in place for me to actually start medschool in 9 days, . . any of you upperclassmen have any words of encouragement . . for example "its all going to come together, its always this chaotic" ?. . . that would really make me feel better.
 
Just in case you were unaware..

Orientation for the incoming freshman will be held in MEB Lecture Room B 1901 Perdido Street at 7:30 am on Thursday August 10, 2006. Students, faculty and staff should enter the Lecture Hall via the second floor foyer.
 
2tall said:
Just in case you were unaware..

Orientation for the incoming freshman will be held in MEB Lecture Room B 1901 Perdido Street at 7:30 am on Thursday August 10, 2006. Students, faculty and staff should enter the Lecture Hall via the second floor foyer.

What this means in practical terms is you have to enter via the parking garage or the dorms (directly across from the MEB). At the recent SGA meeting, one of the concerns was that orientation have more organization this year. Hopefully this will translate into shorter wait times for you guys. :thumbup:

Now, you do all know how to get to the med school...right? Turn left at the SuperDome ;)
 
chameleonknight said:
OH yeah...the most important thing you can know.

http://www.pharmacology.tulane.edu/Food.html

Yah I decided to give our medical system a test drive and had my appendix out last week, and my poor husband couldn't find anywhere to eat while he stayed with me at the hospital. He tried to go get chick-a-filet at Tulane and came back a very sad guy. I hadn't realized that even the hospital cafeterias were still non operational.
 
Tulane's got a very limited cafeteria up and running, at least in Tidewater and in the medschool proper. That link to the restaurants in the area is great, with so many places closed in the area it can be hard to find the places that are open.

Sorry to hear about the appendectomy, I hope your recovery has been speedy. See everyone in a few days.

:thumbup:
 
Five happiness is not far from either school and serves top-shelf chinese food.
It's open.


Nodelphi said:
Tulane's got a very limited cafeteria up and running, at least in Tidewater and in the medschool proper. That link to the restaurants in the area is great, with so many places closed in the area it can be hard to find the places that are open.

Sorry to hear about the appendectomy, I hope your recovery has been speedy. See everyone in a few days.

:thumbup:
 
Termwean said:
Five happiness is not far from either school and serves top-shelf chinese food.
It's open.

Yeah but don't go there at noon, man the line for that place can stack up fast. It does have some great food though and their lunch combos are very reasonable.

If you're looking for some good food a bit farther afield but still relatively easy to get to, try Juan's Flying Burrito on Magazine St. I suggest calling in your orders and having someone go pick it up though as it can take a while if you go out there to eat.
 
I wanted to take a minute to wish y'all in-coming L-1's good luck. I'll see ya thursday. If y'all have questions while on campus, feel free to ask anyone. We're in this game together. Park in the large gravel lots between Perdido and University Hospital. Come into the garage under the residence hall up to 2nd floor...take catwalk to MEB, your room is lecture room B to your left.
 
Nodelphi said:
Tulane's got a very limited cafeteria up and running, at least in Tidewater and in the medschool proper. That link to the restaurants in the area is great, with so many places closed in the area it can be hard to find the places that are open.

Sorry to hear about the appendectomy, I hope your recovery has been speedy. See everyone in a few days.

:thumbup:

Thanks for the sympathy, I'm pretty much fine now, so at least my appendix had good timing for orientation, lol. Good to know about the Tulane medschool cafe, I wasn't aware that they were up and running. I just wish Pho Tau Bau was back, I just can't imagine life without that wonderful food. Well, off to have a life for a few more days, see y'all soon!
 
I have the schedule for orientation for this thurs and friday. Email me at [email protected] if you want me to forward it to you.
 
What's up with these dudes in your class asking us "what score do i need on the step to get into a top Derm residency?" Like we know,,,,we haven't taken it. Get a few classes or semesters under your belt, then start worrying about the step.

Just playing. Ya'll seem to have a great class. Hope your party was fun last night.

Termwean said:
I have the schedule for orientation for this thurs and friday. Email me at [email protected] if you want me to forward it to you.
 
Top