Lurking Beloww: Sea Monsters Sign Ups and Game Thread

Started by katashark
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was hoping ou wouldn't be needed and I'm not a fan of putting **** like that on thread for no trainr
So like I said, buying time

You knew it wasn't a clearing ability. So what was the efficacy in telling skimble, who would only be able to say "yup, doesn't clear her" and leave the rest of us in the dark about the specifics, when instead we could have had a chance to talk about it? Especially when I said I wasn't moving my vote without good reason, and you knew you were getting heat form other directions as well.
 
Oooh this may make me reverse my stance on cray.

Avoiding out of guilt?

What flavor of guilt might that be, exactly?

I thought I said. I begged to play and Kata and Kaydub made an exception for me and went to the trouble to let me start late because of my post hold, and after all that I haven't caught up and played. That makes me feel like I'm letting people down after they made an effort and makes me feel bad.

I had at least some reason to drop a vote on someone yesterday (mild feels from reading up to page 4) but today just didn't happen for me, and I guess I just didn't try hard enough.

I don't even know what the stance on me is.
 
So like I said, buying time

You knew it wasn't a clearing ability. So what was the efficacy in telling skimble, who would only be able to say "yup, doesn't clear her" and leave the rest of us in the dark about the specifics, when instead we could have had a chance to talk about it? Especially when I said I wasn't moving my vote without good reason, and you knew you were getting heat form other directions as well.
Ok so you all can discuss my sketch ability without me there and it would have changed what exactly?
 
So like I said, buying time

You knew it wasn't a clearing ability. So what was the efficacy in telling skimble, who would only be able to say "yup, doesn't clear her" and leave the rest of us in the dark about the specifics, when instead we could have had a chance to talk about it? Especially when I said I wasn't moving my vote without good reason, and you knew you were getting heat form other directions as well.
Buying time, you act like I was just sitting around avoiding thread. I WAS ON A DAMN PLANE FFS
 
kay I got lost as soon as, as far as page 4 double kills and blocking came up from genny, very early on and continuing on, this has read (from what little I've seen) as a game where a lot I can't follow seems to be going on behind the scenes and in results and not from the open thread, which is how we all know I like to play

again, if someone wants to summarize what's going on, that would be awesome sauce
 
Buying time, you act like I was just sitting around avoiding thread. I WAS ON A DAMN PLANE FFS
I kinda see what Dubz is saying.

I feel like if it were me and I was village, I would have just dumped everything I had on the thread - ability, target list, etc -- and peaced out.

Why would you assume someone else would save you if you wouldn't even give them all the information to work with?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok so you all can discuss my sketch ability without me there and it would have changed what exactly?
Well it would have been more to discuss than the nothing that you gave us :shrug:
Buying time, you act like I was just sitting around avoiding thread. I WAS ON A DAMN PLANE FFS
You are misinterpreting what I am saying. I know you were on a plane. But you knew a lynch had a high likelihood of coming your way - otherwise why say anything about your ability at all? So why not give the village all the information you just gave before you left, instead of after lynch closed, so that we could at least have a chance to work through it and see if it might help us figure some things out? Instead, you left us without anything to work with, and from where I'm sitting (especially with the post about wanting to be able to defend yourself) it looks like that was intentional because people tend to back off a bit from lynches when they know the person won't be around. Info dump in this case would be much more pro village than what you chose to do.
 
I didn't think I would be a real candidate until the votes started coming in. At that point I wasn't convinced it would stick and assumed people would use their heads and make progress with someone who could be around. It was a last second I'm literally getting started at by the flight attendant reveal to skim as a back up
 
How am I going after you?

the 2 instances I've named

making me look bad because I popped into the Lounge to talk about dead people for a minute and didn't do jack here (obviously I did something since you mentioned me and I came to the thread), and then making a crack that you could switch to me, that's 2 instances of you trying to subtly make me a lynch target, it's exactly what you do when you're a wolf (not that village you couldn't/wouldn't, but wolf you does for certain)

mentioning me being elsewhere is fair enough, it's fact, but I'm curious how you see what little I did yesterday as making me a top wolf suspect?
 
I thought I answered both of your questions

Ah, I see it. I think I missed it with the refreshing.

I thought it was at first. But AM is sketchier by the second and the only evidence we have for more than one double nk is from her

Sure, and she's also up there on my list but she wasn't up for lynch. Dolphin is still way up there too, but we have 2 people claiming she's a vanilla villager in PMs while your 2 PM partners are finding you to be sketchballs. So should I have made the tie or cemented someone who went from neutralish early on and is becoming more sketchy by the day?
 
reading just the days events and no backdrop is not doing it for me guys, but I'll give it a try, hell post analysis got my vote on SAR from like just reading one/her first post, and that worked out OK

per the MU site my isolated post analysis abilities don't suck total aren't completely worthless (I have to watch my language from now on.... 🙁
 
the 2 instances I've named

making me look bad because I popped into the Lounge to talk about dead people for a minute and didn't do jack here (obviously I did something since you mentioned me and I came to the thread), and then making a crack that you could switch to me, that's 2 instances of you trying to subtly make me a lynch target, it's exactly what you do when you're a wolf (not that village you couldn't/wouldn't, but wolf you does for certain)

mentioning me being elsewhere is fair enough, it's fact, but I'm curious how you see what little I did yesterday as making me a top wolf suspect?

I didn't say you were a top wolf suspect. I just have nothing on you is the thing save for that one vote and we're going into Day 7.

Yeah but like... you're maybe kinda sorta lying about your ability, right

No?
 
Ah, I see it. I think I missed it with the refreshing.



Sure, and she's also up there on my list but she wasn't up for lynch. Dolphin is still way up there too, but we have 2 people claiming she's a vanilla villager in PMs while your 2 PM partners are finding you to be sketchballs. So should I have made the tie or cemented someone who went from neutralish early on and is becoming more sketchy by the day?
I want telling you to Lynch her. But I wasn't lying about not believing there have been double night kills. Literally only evidence is AM which is an unreliable source. People are allowed to change their minds as info comes to light
 
Ah **** I would have switched to dolphin, I didn't realize we had a 5:3 split

I got distracted and lost track of time so wouldn't have made it in under the deadline anyway, but was thinking when it was 4:3 that I wished someone else would vote for kc so I could flip to dolphin for the tie :heckyeah:


You know


Unintentionally... 😏
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want telling you to Lynch her. But I wasn't lying about not believing there have been double night kills. Literally only evidence is AM which is an unreliable source. People are allowed to change their minds as info comes to light
...Literally the only evidence, except for those 2 ded peeps from N1?

Which could have been a one-off.

@Animal Midwife do you think it's possible the attacks on you were not "kill" attacks, but theft attempts?

Because then I am excited to learn how KC knew for sure that they weren't actually any more kill attempts on top of that haha
 
...Literally the only evidence, except for those 2 ded peeps from N1?

Which could have been a one-off.

@Animal Midwife do you think it's possible the attacks on you were not "kill" attacks, but theft attempts?

Because then I am excited to learn how KC knew that they weren't actually kill attempts haha

It don't think so. I believe it was kill attempts.
 
Maybe I'm confused on nights but I don't think AM's claimed attempts on her life match up perfectly with when kc claims she tried to steal from her.

N1 - kc steals from genny
N2 - AM attacked, kc fails to steal from AM
N3 - cancelled
N4 - AM attacked, kc steals from dolphin
N5 - kc fails to steal from AM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here
 
Maybe I'm confused on nights but I don't think AM's claimed attempts on her life match up perfectly with when kc claims she tried to steal from her.

N1 - kc steals from genny
N2 - AM attacked, kc fails to steal from AM
N3 - cancelled
N4 - AM attacked, kc steals from dolphin
N5 - kc fails to steal from AM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here
Yeah I kinda think N4 & N5 are swapped.

And dolphin may have just been a "no target" night.
 
Captain's Log:
30/8/18– I unfortunately left the passengers for most of the day. I sat in my quarters contemplating the events of our journey. Certain people side with Prof. Arronax and Ned Land. Others wish for the journey to end. Little do they know, that we still have some ways to go before the journey is over. For now though, we will surface in the morning to replenish our air supply. There is a mission of the utmost importance that we must undertake tomorrow. I will tell the passengers about it in the morning. I'm sure they will be pleased, but the recent unrest puts doubts in my mind. For this evening though, let them relish in that they have discovered another evil doer who has been terrorizing the seven seas. Hopefully, this puts their minds, and my own, to rest for the evening. I will retire to my cabin for the remainder of the evening.

The passengers successfully found and killed a qalupalik. The waters outside of the Nautilus run cold, and the furnaces are burning as much as I dare....

Dead is @kcoughli the Qalupalik. She roamed the arctic seas humming a sad tune. Inuits warn their children of wandering off in the tundra alone for fear of being stolen by the fearsome qalupalik. Children are stored in her amautiit, a small pouch.
Qalupalik02.jpg

latest

Qalupalik03.jpg
Conditions
Current - 11.69 knots N
Wind --- diving
Swell - 28-30ft, breaking waves are 25ft

Supplies

Air - 10%
Fuel - 32%
Rations - 42%

Signed,
230287-5a729ae731408cb1953a9c6b57b54ccc.jpg


Dead is @kcoughli, the qalupalik and an evil sea monster who was misunderstood. She just wanted friends.

ADJUST PMs ACCORDINGLY. Third watch begins at 0900 hours EDT.

Greenhorns

2. @Animal Midwife
6. @allieh8607
7. @bryndiana.jones
8. @Stagg737
10. @Skimble
13. @dolphin106258
14. @PippyPony
18. @StartingoverVet
19. @Crayola227

In a Watery Grave
12. capri1722 - Giant squid
17. Melchizedek - Candiru (1 shot vigilante)
5. CoffeeQuestionMark - Scylla and Charybdis (village blocker)
16. WildZoo - Cthulhu
11. genny - Ahuitzotl (item maker)
15. johnnaboo - Rainbow Fish (send a message)
3. SnowshoeDog143 - Kappa (seer)

1. SARdoghandler - Hydra (wolf)
4. DVMDream - Moby Dick
9. kcoughli - Qalupalik (wolf)
 
I want telling you to Lynch her. But I wasn't lying about not believing there have been double night kills. Literally only evidence is AM which is an unreliable source. People are allowed to change their minds as info comes to light

And if you flip village, then I'm legit sorry. But the double NK thing wasn't the only thing that put you on my sketchy list and I wasn't about to create a tie this late into the game.

Ah **** I would have switched to dolphin, I didn't realize we had a 5:3 split
I got distracted and lost track of time so wouldn't have made it in under the deadline anyway, but was thinking when it was 4:3 that I wished someone else would vote for kc so I could flip to dolphin for the tie :heckyeah:


You know


Unintentionally... 😏

So you wanted to create a tie at this point in the game? I realize these were your top two wolf picks, but what happens if one (or god forbid both) of them flipped village? We'd be screwed...
 
And if you flip village, then I'm legit sorry. But the double NK thing wasn't the only thing that put you on my sketchy list and I wasn't about to create a tie this late into the game.

Oh look, you were sketchy. Sorry, not sorry. 😛

Maybe we should have packed a little more oxygen and a little less snacks

No, no. You can never have enough snacks. In fact we should have probably packed more.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad