Lurking Beloww: Sea Monsters Sign Ups and Game Thread

Started by katashark
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@PippyPony 😉

Day 1 Election Tally

allie (2) - allie, DVMD
Pippy (5) - Pippy, Skim, AM, SAR, capri
AM () - AM
genny (6) - genny, bryndi, Coffee?, Stagg, jboo, dolphin
Mel (2) - Mel, WZ

15/18
Missing: kc, SOV, Snowy

Day 2 Lynch Tally
SAR (4) - AM, genny, Skim, Pippy, genny, DVMD
kc (1) - Coffee?, Pippy
DVMD () - Pippy
bj (1) - Skim, WZ
Coffee? (5) - jboo, SOV, bj, Stagg, Snowy, SAR
Pippy () - kc
genny (1) - SAR, allie
jboo (2) - dolphin, Pippy
dolphin (1) - kc
Stagg () - genny
WZ (1) - bj

16/16

Day 3 Lynch Tally
Pippy (1) - DVMD, kc
Stagg () - jboo, genny
bj () - Pippy
Snowy () - AM
jboo (3) - Pippy, dolphin, SAR, bj, kc, allie, genny
dolphin (2) - Snowy, AM
allie () - Stagg
SAR (1) - Skim
genny (5) - Pippy, jboo, DVMD, SAR, Stagg

12/14
Missing: allie, SOV

Day 4 Lynch Tally
DVMD (1) - Pippy, SOV
SAR (4) - AM, Stagg, Skim, jboo
Snowy
() - jboo
Pippy (1) - kc
kc
() - Pippy
jboo (5) - Snowy, dolphin, SAR, bryndi, Pippy
dolphin () - SAR

11/14
Missing: Cray, allie, DVMD

Day 5 Lynch Tally
SAR (5)
- DVMD, AM, bj, Stagg, DVMD, Cray, Skim, bj
DVMD (1) - Pippy, bj
AM (3) - DVMD, SAR, Skim, DVMD, SOV, kc, bj
dolphin (1) - Pippy
Pippy () - DVMD
Stagg (1) - dolphin
Skim () - bj

11/12
Missing: allie

Day 6 Lynch Tally
dolphin (3) - kc, bj, AM
kc (5) - Pippy, WZ, Pippy, dolphin, Skim, Stagg
WZ () - Stagg
Cray (1) - SOV
bj () - Skim

9/10
Missing: Cray
 
Last edited:
AM -- protec urself plz

protec.png
 
Hokay so

I don't think there was a visible convert event because if SAR was the double kill, then we had just the right # of deaths last night

I don't think we started with more than 3 wolves

Should expect to see a convert tonight if it's going to happen at all, I think, because they're down below 50%

Although I'm not as opposed to the thought that cray was added as a wolf as I was before, based on her short appearance tonight with no like-fest, minimal strategic posting, and lack of a vote
 
Oh, I think I will be exciting for the sake of having more than 1 candidate for the night, at least

Contingency lynch cray

But, these dolphin contingencies are also looking pretty darn good to me
Actually you know what, I can't even bring myself to do that.

Unlynch cray
Contingency lynch dolphin

Don't think I've seen a single original read all game.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I love how I got so distracted by the wolf lynch that I completely ignored the main chunk of the write up
Captain's Log:
30/8/18– I unfortunately left the passengers for most of the day. I sat in my quarters contemplating the events of our journey. Certain people side with Prof. Arronax and Ned Land. Others wish for the journey to end. Little do they know, that we still have some ways to go before the journey is over. For now though, we will surface in the morning to replenish our air supply. There is a mission of the utmost importance that we must undertake tomorrow. I will tell the passengers about it in the morning. I'm sure they will be pleased, but the recent unrest puts doubts in my mind. For this evening though, let them relish in that they have discovered another evil doer who has been terrorizing the seven seas. Hopefully, this puts their minds, and my own, to rest for the evening. I will retire to my cabin for the remainder of the evening.

That does not sound like pure fluffy mod flair.
 
Cool with all these contingencies, I am vanilla village....but you know clearly Pippy knows all.

My voting hasn’t been that wolfy from what I can tell from the tally...

So I mean lynch if you want I have no ability to sway anyone with. I’ve been forthcoming on the thread, haven’t really cared how sketchy stuff sounded on the thread, I just said it. KC was throwing a lot of sketch my way but somehow that makes me even more wolfy. 👍
 
Cool with all these contingencies, I am vanilla village....but you know clearly Pippy knows all.

My voting hasn’t been that wolfy from what I can tell from the tally...

So I mean lynch if you want I have no ability to sway anyone with. I’ve been forthcoming on the thread, haven’t really cared how sketchy stuff sounded on the thread, I just said it. KC was throwing a lot of sketch my way but somehow that makes me even more wolfy. 👍

I rarely let abilities sway me anyway. What order do you have players from least to most wolfy?
 
Cool with all these contingencies, I am vanilla village....but you know clearly Pippy knows all.

My voting hasn’t been that wolfy from what I can tell from the tally...

So I mean lynch if you want I have no ability to sway anyone with. I’ve been forthcoming on the thread, haven’t really cared how sketchy stuff sounded on the thread, I just said it. KC was throwing a lot of sketch my way but somehow that makes me even more wolfy. 👍
Who should we be lynching instead?
 
Maybe I'm confused on nights but I don't think AM's claimed attempts on her life match up perfectly with when kc claims she tried to steal from her.

N1 - kc steals from genny
N2 - AM attacked, kc fails to steal from AM
N3 - cancelled
N4 - AM attacked, kc steals from dolphin
N5 - kc fails to steal from AM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here
This is interesting. AM, were you notified of anything N5? I don’t recall seeing you saying you were attacked.

Also... what did the wolves do with genny’s ability?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PLACEHOLDER WRITEUP FOR NIGHT 6:

Dead is @StartingoverVet - Globster.
ADJUST PMs ACCORDINGLY.

Greenhorns

2. @Animal Midwife
6. @WildZoo/formerly allieh
7. @bryndiana.jones
8. @Stagg737
10. @Skimble
13. @dolphin106258
14. @PippyPony
19. @Crayola227

In a Watery Grave
12. capri1722 - Giant squid
17. Melchizedek - Candiru (1 shot vigilante)
5. CoffeeQuestionMark - Scylla and Charybdis (village blocker)
16. WildZoo - Cthulhu
11. genny - Ahuitzotl (item maker)
15. johnnaboo - Rainbow Fish (send a message)
3. SnowshoeDog143 - Kappa (seer)

1. SARdoghandler - Hydra (wolf)
4. DVMDream - Moby Dick
9. kcoughli - Qalupalik (wolf)
18. StartingoverVet - Globster
 
Last edited:
Our air supply is critically low, so we will be surfacing for a short time to replenish our tanks. I suggest you use this time to take a breath of fresh air and take in our beautiful surroundings. I am pleased to tell you that we have reached the home port of the Nautilus.

"In the very heart of an extinct volcano," the captain answered me, "a volcano whose interior was invaded by the sea after some convulsion in the earth. While you were sleeping, professor, the Nautilus entered this lagoon through a natural channel that opens ten meters below the surface of the ocean. This is our home port, secure, convenient, secret, and sheltered against winds from any direction! Along the coasts of your continents or islands, show me any offshore mooring that can equal this safe refuge for withstanding the fury of hurricanes."

We will stay here as long as it takes to load up with fuel. These mines extend under the waves like the coalfields at Newcastle. Here, dressed in diving suits, pick and mattock in hand, my crew go out and dig this carbon fuel for which we don't need a single mine on land.

While passengers were out exploring this vast lake in the middle of the crater, they found a huge mass washed ashore the black beach.

Dead is @StartingoverVet, the globster. Globsters are mysterious blobs that sometimes wash ashore and were previously mistaken for sea monsters. People just can't seem to figure out what they are. The best ones consist of kelp mats, rotting whale blubber, a few tentacles, and tusks.

Adventure to start soon.

globster-philippines.jpg


ADJUST PMs ACCORDINGLY. Diving will commence at 2300 hours EDT.

Greenhorns

2. @Animal Midwife
6. @WildZoo
7. @bryndiana.jones
8. @Stagg737
10. @Skimble
13. @dolphin106258
14. @PippyPony
19. @Crayola227

In a Watery Grave
12. capri1722 - Giant squid
17. Melchizedek - Candiru (1 shot vigilante)
5. CoffeeQuestionMark - Scylla and Charybdis (village blocker)
16. WildZoo - Cthulhu
11. genny - Ahuitzotl (item maker)
15. johnnaboo - Rainbow Fish (send a message)
3. SnowshoeDog143 - Kappa (seer)

1. SARdoghandler - Hydra (wolf)
4. DVMDream - Moby Dick
9. kcoughli - Qalupalik (wolf)
18. StartingoverVet - Globster
 
Last edited:
Why Cray? I don't remember you bringing her up before.
I thought it would possibly be one of the late adds, not that cray has really done anything from the little bit she’s posted to seem wolfy. But since SOV was obviously village it helped POE. But I’m still not completely sold that we haven’t had a conversion, and that there weren’t just two wolves that were originals. However that’s just a theory.

But just looking at whos left none of my wolf reads are that strong which leads me to the conversion theory
 
Everyone on dolphin, who would be your second choice for lynch today?

That'll be something that's decided as the day progresses.

I thought it would possibly be one of the late adds, not that cray has really done anything from the little bit she’s posted to seem wolfy. But since SOV was obviously village it helped POE. But I’m still not completely sold that we haven’t had a conversion, and that there weren’t just two wolves that were originals. However that’s just a theory.

But just looking at whos left none of my wolf reads are that strong which leads me to the conversion theory

When do you think this conversion would've happened? And who would've been converted?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
KC was throwing a lot of sketch my way but somehow that makes me even more wolfy. 👍
As an aside... KC is a very good wolf. She would probably try to set up her remaining packmate(s) by throwing heavy shade.

So yeah, that kinda does make you more wolfy, especially when you're now acting like you're just mad it's not working & you're getting caught.
 
Day 1 Election Tally
allie (2) - allie, DVMD
Pippy (5) - Pippy, Skim, AM, SAR, capri
AM () - AM
genny (6) - genny, bryndi, Coffee?, Stagg, jboo, dolphin
Mel (2) - Mel, WZ

15/18
Missing: kc, SOV, Snowy

Day 2 Lynch Tally
SAR (4) - AM, genny, Skim, Pippy, genny, DVMD
kc (1) - Coffee?, Pippy
DVMD () - Pippy
bj (1) - Skim, WZ
Coffee? (5) - jboo, SOV, bj, Stagg, Snowy, SAR
Pippy () - kc
genny (1) - SAR, allie
jboo (2) - dolphin, Pippy
dolphin (1) - kc
Stagg () - genny
WZ (1) - bj

16/16

Day 3 Lynch Tally
Pippy (1) - DVMD, kc
Stagg () - jboo, genny
bj () - Pippy
Snowy () - AM
jboo (3) - Pippy, dolphin, SAR, bj, kc, allie, genny
dolphin (2) - Snowy, AM
allie () - Stagg
SAR (1) - Skim
genny (5) - Pippy, jboo, DVMD, SAR, Stagg

12/14
Missing: allie, SOV

Day 4 Lynch Tally
DVMD (1) - Pippy, SOV
SAR (4) - AM, Stagg, Skim, jboo
Snowy
() - jboo
Pippy (1) - kc
kc
() - Pippy
jboo (5) - Snowy, dolphin, SAR, bryndi, Pippy
dolphin () - SAR

11/14
Missing: Cray, allie, DVMD

Day 5 Lynch Tally
SAR (5)
- DVMD, AM, bj, Stagg, DVMD, Cray, Skim, bj
DVMD (1) - Pippy, bj
AM (3) - DVMD, SAR, Skim, DVMD, SOV, kc, bj
dolphin (1) - Pippy
Pippy () - DVMD
Stagg (1) - dolphin
Skim () - bj

11/12
Missing: allie

Day 6 Lynch Tally
dolphin (3) - kc, bj, AM
kc (5) - Pippy, WZ, Pippy, dolphin, Skim, Stagg
WZ () - Stagg
Cray (1) - SOV
bj () - Skim

9/10
Missing: Cray
 
Last edited: