Lurking Beloww: Sea Monsters Sign Ups and Game Thread

Started by katashark
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

************
Tells everyone he can participate fully for first time on his day off.
Gets killed on his day off.
Oh well, this game is surely not going in my WW highlights..

Good luck village
*************
The wolves this game are real dicks 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why am I almost at the bottom?
Cause of your votes, mostly. You look like you were hanging out of the mainstream a bit too much to blend in as a convert.

Plus, afaik I'm the only person who has been saying I think you sound pretty village, and so if I were NOT me, I would not want to pick someone that I have been pseudo defending haha

There hasn't been a visible convert opportunity, so my post up there was mostly just for lulz/to hear myself talk 😉

Enjoy the freebie peek into how I would be wolfing right now lol
 
As an aside... KC is a very good wolf. She would probably try to set up her remaining packmate(s) by throwing heavy shade.

So yeah, that kinda does make you more wolfy, especially when you're now acting like you're just mad it's not working & you're getting caught.
IM MAD BC IM VILLAGE AND NO ONE IS BELIEVING ME BELIEVE ME PIPPY IF I WAS A WOLF YOU WOULD BE DEAD
 
IM MAD BC IM VILLAGE AND NO ONE IS BELIEVING ME BELIEVE ME PIPPY IF I WAS A WOLF YOU WOULD BE DEAD
So much yelling.

Point to evidence of conversion pls. Because to me it looks like you are using it as a fallback because you're the only really good original option left.
 
Okay. What wolfy posts have you seen from Pippy, Stagg, and me since SAR's death? Will you be voting for one of us today?
I don’t know if I’ll be voting for any of you yet. And you usually can’t find converts as easily bc they don’t necessarily start sounding wolfy..
For now I’m just going with someone who at least in my mind could be an original.

Lynch bj
 
So much yelling.

Point to evidence of conversion pls. Because to me it looks like you are using it as a fallback because you're the only really good original option left.
Well besides the fact that what SAR was as a wolf could indicate a conversion I don’t necessarily see anything in the write up that outright states it. You could argue bringing SAR aboard to examine it with a few select people like it says in the write up could be where the conversion would take place.

I am not claiming to be this expert on conversions, but you all seem dead set that there is an original which you think is me...and since I know I’m village this is the only other viable possibility for any of y’all to look at.

Otherwise don’t believe me, lynch me, I’ll flip village and at least my death will be helpful for you to look at others.
 
I don’t know if I’ll be voting for any of you yet. And you usually can’t find converts as easily bc they don’t necessarily start sounding wolfy..
For now I’m just going with someone who at least in my mind could be an original.

Lynch bj
Well besides the fact that what SAR was as a wolf could indicate a conversion I don’t necessarily see anything in the write up that outright states it. You could argue bringing SAR aboard to examine it with a few select people like it says in the write up could be where the conversion would take place.

I am not claiming to be this expert on conversions, but you all seem dead set that there is an original which you think is me...and since I know I’m village this is the only other viable possibility for any of y’all to look at.

Otherwise don’t believe me, lynch me, I’ll flip village and at least my death will be helpful for you to look at others.
So what is your argument for bj then?
 
Unofficial Day Whatever Tally

Dolphin (5)- WZ, bj, pippy, AM, stagg
BJ (1)- Dolphin
Cray ()- pippy
AM (1)- Cray

7/8 voting
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So what is your argument for bj then?
I’ve already explained multiple times how I felt. Her posting the “reads” of mostly people who died isn’t making me feel awesome abt her being village. But like I’ve said already it has felt like (not counting when I’ve interacted with her in the past day) that she is posting just enough normal things to get by.
Not thinking Stagg for an original bc he’s voted for both wolves I believe I know KC was late but still I feel like that gives him some village points, so I took him off my list.
And I’ve explained my thought process on cray to AM earlier but that’s not that strong so BJ wins out.

Idk if any of that matters tho bc yall seem pretty set on my non-village ness
 
I’ve already explained multiple times how I felt. Her posting the “reads” of mostly people who died isn’t making me feel awesome abt her being village. But like I’ve said already it has felt like (not counting when I’ve interacted with her in the past day) that she is posting just enough normal things to get by.
Not thinking Stagg for an original bc he’s voted for both wolves I believe I know KC was late but still I feel like that gives him some village points, so I took him off my list.
And I’ve explained my thought process on cray to AM earlier but that’s not that strong so BJ wins out.

Idk if any of that matters tho bc yall seem pretty set on my non-village ness
I'm just not feeling bj as wolf so that's not a viable switch option for me. Do you have specific posts, or maybe interactions with the known wolves, to point to?
 
@Skimble What do you think of Cray?
I feel like she hasn’t posted enough, which is really weird for her. I suspected the late adds were village, but she’s a planned late add, which is different. She did put an early vote in on sar though, I think? (On phone, will check) Which gives her some village points. She also kind of echoed my reasoning for the vote, so, not sure how I feel about that.

I still feel dolphin is village, so unless someone can give me a REALLY good reason, I won’t be voting there. KC was pushing her vote from early game iirc, which I guess could have been a long con, but seems unlikely.


(I thought I hit submit on this over an hour ago...)
 
I feel like she hasn’t posted enough, which is really weird for her. I suspected the late adds were village, but she’s a planned late add, which is different. She did put an early vote in on sar though, I think? (On phone, will check) Which gives her some village points. She also kind of echoed my reasoning for the vote, so, not sure how I feel about that.

I still feel dolphin is village, so unless someone can give me a REALLY good reason, I won’t be voting there. KC was pushing her vote from early game iirc, which I guess could have been a long con, but seems unlikely.


(I thought I hit submit on this over an hour ago...)

Who are you looking at instead?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
She did put an early vote in on sar though, I think? (On phone, will check) Which gives her some village points. She also kind of echoed my reasoning for the vote, so, not sure how I feel about that.
She did put in a vote for SAR -- came on to the thread and broke a tie in SAR's direction. Gave her strong village points for that after the fact because I feel like wolves would never bus their double kill with no lead-in unless there was a great reason to do so.

Howeverrrrrrrrrr...

I thought she had lynched SAR after a reasonably full catch up.
Then, I thought I saw her say that it was literally SAR's very first post that made her jump on to that lynch, and that was supposedly it.

And that...ehhhh. I don't like that nearly as much. She reads one single post and puts in the only strategic contribution she has made this whole game? I don't know if I buy that it was an organic decision -- feels too easy.
 
Partially due to where she voted on the days that SAR was runner up in the lynch votes, partially due to feels. I'm pretty sure we will find a wolf in the list I posted before, and right now I think BJ is most likely the lupine one on that list.

I'll have to review interactions between the known wolves and her/Cray.
 
Only two posts I could find with wolves discussing them.

@StartingoverVet , you need a sub or...? Feel like you're not really invested here.

Yeah but Cray was always intended to be a late addition wasn't she? What makes you think she's village? (beyond the late-add, actually a planned late add might be the perfect wolf, like a pseudo convert) She hasn't said much of anything at all.

Edit: lost a couple words

I've racked up sketch points for dolphin since I first voted for her (D2? 3?). I briefly moved off because she had some comments that just sounded like frustrated villager, but then started getting back to being sketchy. A lot of stating things as fact which are unknown (at least to the village, wolves would know) like wolf numbers, conversion mechanic, etc. which I could see happening with a noob wolf (and I'm pretty sure she's fairly noob yes?). That and her pseudo defense of SAR yesterday. Trying to question the vote without actually trying to commit too much to the defense, it felt noob-wolf. Perhaps no vet wolf was around to reign her in so she thought it was on her to try to save SAR? That was part of the theory I mentioned having earlier, I kind of want to go see who was around when dolph was doing that and who was awol...

BJ I have in the same category I've had Snowy (pre death), SAR (pre death), Allie, SOV, and Crayola. Which is to say, no effing clue. I know they're playing, I know some of them have been participating, but none of them have stood out to me enough to have me push them into village or wolf category.

What are YOUR thoughts on your current state of survival and the fact that DVMD is dead? Because that was a surprising night result for me.
 
She did put in a vote for SAR -- came on to the thread and broke a tie in SAR's direction. Gave her strong village points for that after the fact because I feel like wolves would never bus their double kill with no lead-in unless there was a great reason to do so.

Howeverrrrrrrrrr...

I thought she had lynched SAR after a reasonably full catch up.
Then, I thought I saw her say that it was literally SAR's very first post that made her jump on to that lynch, and that was supposedly it.

And that...ehhhh. I don't like that nearly as much. She reads one single post and puts in the only strategic contribution she has made this whole game? I don't know if I buy that it was an organic decision -- feels too easy.
I'm pretty sure Cray created the tie between SAR and whomever it was that day. But yes, I see what you and AM are saying, and I would like to see more from cray, so that I (and the rest of us) can better analyze her play. I know once I was convinced she was village because she was AWOL and I didn't think she'd do that as a wolf, and well... lets just say hats don't taste very good.

Also, now that lynch is back open...

lynch bj

EDIT: The tie was between AM & SAR.
 
bj's mentions of known wolves:

That is me remembering that you didn't answer why you voted for me earlier in the day when KC asked everyone to explain their votes, in combination with feels.

The outcome of tonight's main contenders? No. But as the day went on coffee seemed more and more village, so that's why I unlynched hours ago. I didn't understand the SAR wagon, because she has been seeming village to me. Not going to vote for two people I have in my village camp.

Yes

lynch SAR

could go dolphin too but SAR's responses seem like she is pouncing on opportunities to call AM sketch, when she has seemed village this entire game, and supposedly snowy seered her. If snowy had seen AM as a wolf I'm sure she would have at least made an attempt to logically swing a lynch in her direction, or at least put more pressure on her

Well, obviously snowy is village, though I think there could be a wolf between you and DVMD. If I try to reason through it, you could be an unseerable wolf, and killed snowy last night because the night before was canceled. Something similar could be said for DVMD in that Snowy told her that she revealed to you on Monday, which is when there were no night actions. So the next opportunity to take her out was last night. Never seen DVMD as a wolf, so I'm not sure what to make of her, but I could go for you [AM], dvmd, or SAR at this point because someone found out about it and that's my guess why she is dead. Don't think it was coincidence.

Is this all directed at me? I'm not sure if this is just commentary on what I said or if you want me to address something. But AM seems much like herself, DVMD I don't know, and both of their sketch factors have increased just based off of the fact that they both knew snowy had a PR, and snowy died the next night kills were allowed. What do you think of AM? DVMD?

Personally I could vote for AM or DVMD and would feel pretty confident we could catch a wolf between them and SAR.

I could go skim, sar, or dvmd at this point

I'll switch to SAR if need be

I'm sorry, what? How would I have tied it? I think you need to slow down on the margaritas, because SAR was heavily in the lead, with or without my vote

What do you feel is off about KC? (sorry if you have already answered)

Okay, but what about your thoughts on people's gameplay?

I'm voting for you because I want some concrete thoughts on who you think is sketch and why. We are far enough in the game now that you can use the lynch tallies as an aid, but should still have thoughts of your own.

@Animal Midwife
Well, my vote is currently on dolphin, so I obviously feel she is sketch in some ways. KC I am more unsure about because she seems like her village self to me. I'm more worried about skim than I am KC
 
I'd probably go for cray because of that kill choice tbh

At least until she starts to catch up and post reads as opposed to just explanations of why she wasn't here

OK, why is that kill choice pointing to me?

When I wolf I try to go for PRs, and while sometimes I've gone for people stirring up trouble for me, SOV wasn't causing enough to be worth looking guilty over. If I were to WIFOM on killing someone stirring trouble it would have been AM. All together this suggests I am village. If you did think I was wolf, it would be AM dead not SOV, the fact it went the other way suggest someone is trying to frame me, and it very well could be AM.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t know if I’ll be voting for any of you yet. And you usually can’t find converts as easily bc they don’t necessarily start sounding wolfy..
For now I’m just going with someone who at least in my mind could be an original.

Lynch bj
it's not only about picking who all of a sudden starts sounding wolfy, but who also makes sense as a convert choice, although admittedly I find trying to mind-read a pack of wolves more difficult than simple PbPa