Lurking Beloww: Sea Monsters Sign Ups and Game Thread

Started by katashark
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well besides the fact that what SAR was as a wolf could indicate a conversion I don’t necessarily see anything in the write up that outright states it. You could argue bringing SAR aboard to examine it with a few select people like it says in the write up could be where the conversion would take place.

I am not claiming to be this expert on conversions, but you all seem dead set that there is an original which you think is me...and since I know I’m village this is the only other viable possibility for any of y’all to look at.

Otherwise don’t believe me, lynch me, I’ll flip village and at least my death will be helpful for you to look at others.
OK, I read this, and I can't tell if you think we should be original hunting or convert hunting.... in fact, this smacks of the sort of desperate inconsistency that is not wolf hunting but flailing to direct attention elsewhere that I associate with wolves.

I mean, why shouldn't we be dead set there is an original when you yourself in this very post claim you don't see the argument for conversion?? As a rule, why shouldn't we always be looking for an original, even as we start to entertain the notion of a convert? I can tell you why someone would say these things.

in fact, your tone here very well echoes both SAR's and KC's tone before they died, which I found very traditionally wolfy "oh woe is me, go ahead and kill me village, at least you can do an autopsy to help village" martyrdom. Wolves usually go the martyr angle to manipulate feelings, because imho/experience that's easier to do than manufacturing righteous anger. Villagers, being truly innocent, tend to be more outraged. I don't believe we've crushed your village soul this game given the caps lock shouting earlier. So the whole thing together looks wolfy.
 
@Crayola227

Oh Crayolaaaaaaa

The more times I have to ask you to show up, the more tick marks you get in your wolfy columnnn

Particularly with these kill targets and your love of killing veterans & for revenge 🙂
To be fair when you posted this it was about 7 am PST. But I'm here and I'm trying.

When is lynch close? 7 PST, or 8?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK, why is that kill choice pointing to me?

When I wolf I try to go for PRs, and while sometimes I've gone for people stirring up trouble for me, SOV wasn't causing enough to be worth looking guilty over. If I were to WIFOM on killing someone stirring trouble it would have been AM. All together this suggests I am village. If you did think I was wolf, it would be AM dead not SOV, the fact it went the other way suggest someone is trying to frame me, and it very well could be AM.

How would I be dead? And why would you kill me?

this reads wolfy af

Why?

btw I am doing what you guys suggested and just showing up not getting 90% of what's already happened in thirty some odd pages and just reading an playing from today's stuff

You mean what AM suggested? WZ also gave a method which may work better. I'm just lazy as a sub in/late add.
 
I’ve already explained multiple times how I felt. Her posting the “reads” of mostly people who died isn’t making me feel awesome abt her being village. But like I’ve said already it has felt like (not counting when I’ve interacted with her in the past day) that she is posting just enough normal things to get by.
Not thinking Stagg for an original bc he’s voted for both wolves I believe I know KC was late but still I feel like that gives him some village points, so I took him off my list.
And I’ve explained my thought process on cray to AM earlier but that’s not that strong so BJ wins out.

Idk if any of that matters tho bc yall seem pretty set on my non-village ness
can you explain that process about me to AM earlier for me again? I didn't see it the first time, I apologize
 
can you explain that process about me to AM earlier for me again? I didn't see it the first time, I apologize
No you’re fine it was just me discussing with AM about the possibility of a late add wolf and how I felt and since SOV flopped village, that would by process of elimination put you as a possible wolf. But like I said before not a strong argument just a theory
 
What voting pattern? Tunneling on jboo for three days and voting for you?

Go back and look at who you voted for and then go look at who else voted along with you. Right now you and another person are my top 2 choices, depending on how you flip I believe will tell me a lot about my other top wolf pick.

Editted because I realize I never actually finished typing my thought.

what did I miss with this joke everyone is liking?

AM hates talking about conversions and Pippy made a list of her most likely converts after AM just mentioned briefly.
 
Last edited:
OK, I read this, and I can't tell if you think we should be original hunting or convert hunting.... in fact, this smacks of the sort of desperate inconsistency that is not wolf hunting but flailing to direct attention elsewhere that I associate with wolves.

I mean, why shouldn't we be dead set there is an original when you yourself in this very post claim you don't see the argument for conversion?? As a rule, why shouldn't we always be looking for an original, even as we start to entertain the notion of a convert? I can tell you why someone would say these things.

in fact, your tone here very well echoes both SAR's and KC's tone before they died, which I found very traditionally wolfy "oh woe is me, go ahead and kill me village, at least you can do an autopsy to help village" martyrdom. Wolves usually go the martyr angle to manipulate feelings, because imho/experience that's easier to do than manufacturing righteous anger. Villagers, being truly innocent, tend to be more outraged. I don't believe we've crushed your village soul this game given the caps lock shouting earlier. So the whole thing together looks wolfy.
I’m saying here’s what I’ve moticed in the write up that could indicate conversion but I’m not an expert. So I’m currently voting for who I think is an original but no one at the time cared to agree or even consider BJ. So I gave the conversion as another option to look at to try and get people to consider something else. Since the votes piled up early.
 
What? For the part pertaining to me

Sorry, I finished the thought. Got distracted by my wife on FaceTime since her and the kiddo are staying with her parents right now.

in fact, your tone here very well echoes both SAR's and KC's tone before they died, which I found very traditionally wolfy "oh woe is me, go ahead and kill me village, at least you can do an autopsy to help village" martyrdom. Wolves usually go the martyr angle to manipulate feelings, because imho/experience that's easier to do than manufacturing righteous anger. Villagers, being truly innocent, tend to be more outraged. I don't believe we've crushed your village soul this game given the caps lock shouting earlier. So the whole thing together looks wolfy.

I get what you're saying in the first part, but the bolded seems to completely contradict the rest of your paragraph. Can you clarify that plz?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this reads wolfy af
Cool, I can promise it’s largely due to Pippy annoying me for constantly saying to lynch me for several days, and bc I agreed with her too much. I’m pretty sure you’ve mentioned before how if someone’s name comes up enough with sketch around it, it will subconsciously make people think sketch with that person. Maybe I read it somewhere idk. But it’s honestly been annoying so that’s why I said it. I know that probably won’t help anything but I wanted to explain since you’re reading from newer posts
 
Sorry, I finished the thought. Got distracted by my wife on FaceTime since her and the kiddo are staying with her parents right now.



I get what you're saying in the first part, but the bolded seems to completely contradict the rest of your paragraph. Can you clarify that plz?
So you’re just lynching me for info. Bc I’m the sketchier one in conjunction with your other person.

Cool so when I’ve been saying at least my lynch will give info and people say oh that’s a wolf thing to say, you’re doing what I’m saying.

+pissed+
 
She did put in a vote for SAR -- came on to the thread and broke a tie in SAR's direction. Gave her strong village points for that after the fact because I feel like wolves would never bus their double kill with no lead-in unless there was a great reason to do so.

Howeverrrrrrrrrr...

I thought she had lynched SAR after a reasonably full catch up.
Then, I thought I saw her say that it was literally SAR's very first post that made her jump on to that lynch, and that was supposedly it.

And that...ehhhh. I don't like that nearly as much. She reads one single post and puts in the only strategic contribution she has made this whole game? I don't know if I buy that it was an organic decision -- feels too easy.
guys, if I was in the pack from the start, except for a very few mostly noob consisted packs I was leading while life had me MIA, I could just get coached on the bare bones of wolf strategy, enough to help guide me making a few decent "strategy" posts - SAR and KC were both involved and keeping up enough to help me not stick out by pure silence

granted not all wolf ghosting players do this, but we know that for the most part 100% of me blending in, I can't get away with being quiet like ny or genny or sporty do from time to time

if I was part of a wolf pack plan to bus SAR to give me major village points, we could have come up with something better than "it was from feelz from one post", but since I'm not in a wolf pack and that's the truth, that's what you got from me

also, I do take offense at the idea that's not good enough. That's fine for a villager. I do PbPa and while it doesn't make me a master wolf hunter, when it works it works, and often I find it's my gut feel from any time, starting from post 1 to post 1000 coming off a player
 
So I'm caught up, still happy with my Dolphin vote so going to leave it there.

I also have some things that I'd like addressed/discussed since it seems like the lynch votes aren't going to be changing. Why are we talking about convert hunting when we've only lynched 2 wolves and there doesn't seem to be anything clear in the write-ups about a convert? I realize it's possible that it happened and the write-ups didn't state it, but I feel like we should still be looking for an original at this point.

I also feel like there's other things regarding game mechanics that I've missed in the write-ups and I'm going to be going back and re-reading them. I'd like to know if anyone else noticed things in the write-ups that they thought stood out.

@Crayola227 do you have thoughts on anyone other than Dolphin?
 
guys, if I was in the pack from the start, except for a very few mostly noob consisted packs I was leading while life had me MIA, I could just get coached on the bare bones of wolf strategy, enough to help guide me making a few decent "strategy" posts - SAR and KC were both involved and keeping up enough to help me not stick out by pure silence

granted not all wolf ghosting players do this, but we know that for the most part 100% of me blending in, I can't get away with being quiet like ny or genny or sporty do from time to time

if I was part of a wolf pack plan to bus SAR to give me major village points, we could have come up with something better than "it was from feelz from one post", but since I'm not in a wolf pack and that's the truth, that's what you got from me

also, I do take offense at the idea that's not good enough. That's fine for a villager. I do PbPa and while it doesn't make me a master wolf hunter, when it works it works, and often I find it's my gut feel from any time, starting from post 1 to post 1000 coming off a player

What does the bolded mean?
 
So you’re just lynching me for info. Bc I’m the sketchier one in conjunction with your other person.

Cool so when I’ve been saying at least my lynch will give info and people say oh that’s a wolf thing to say, you’re doing what I’m saying.

+pissed+

Not just for info, you're one of my top choices and I gain the most info from your lynch.

To your second sentence, that's not why I'm lynching you and I don't think it's as wolfy of a thing to say as some people are making it out to be. Your current defense is not why I'm lynching you. It's your voting pattern, earlier game play, and my ability to gather info from your lynch that's keeping my vote there. If you're village then I'm sorry. But this is the second time in two votes someone is calling my reasoning crap and last time they flipped wolf, that and the fact that I think you're a woof.
 
How would I be dead? And why would you kill me?



Why?



You mean what AM suggested? WZ also gave a method which may work better. I'm just lazy as a sub in/late add.

I already said that I find dolph's posts wolfy af because between the caps lock shouting and the village matyr act, both inconsistent, there is the further inconsistency I find on the topic of convert vs original hunting. All in all that is wolfy in my opinion.

Pippy was using a certain logic to say that SOV's NK fits in with my NK pattern choice as a wolf, in that I like to off veterans and those that suspect me. I was pointing out that a better choice to off a dangerous vet and protect my own reputation would likely be you. Ergo, no, SOV as a NK choice does not do a great job implicating me, imho.

I didn't really see SOV's reasons for voting me when they did (he or she?), but I did kick up a fuss that I thought you were going for me twice yesterday. I'm not going to argue with you whether or not you were, that's not my point. My point is that I made a point about you, not SOV. So if Pippy's point is that I picked SOV for being a vet and one coming after me, I think that's weak, because if she wants to apply my "wolfy pattern" for NK choices, then SOV wouldn't be it.
 
Sorry, I finished the thought. Got distracted by my wife on FaceTime since her and the kiddo are staying with her parents right now.



I get what you're saying in the first part, but the bolded seems to completely contradict the rest of your paragraph. Can you clarify that plz?

I'm allowing for the fact that sometimes villagers dont act as outraged as would be expected, the so-called exception to the rule. Sometimes we truly break someone's village spirit and they do pull a "whomp whomp" reaction to impending death. However, I don't find that dolph's overall behavior fits that.

Something about the caps lock shout phrasing PLUS the "woe is me do my autopsy" doesn't read right to me. I'm pointing out what is inconsistent to me.
 
Cool, I can promise it’s largely due to Pippy annoying me for constantly saying to lynch me for several days, and bc I agreed with her too much. I’m pretty sure you’ve mentioned before how if someone’s name comes up enough with sketch around it, it will subconsciously make people think sketch with that person. Maybe I read it somewhere idk. But it’s honestly been annoying so that’s why I said it. I know that probably won’t help anything but I wanted to explain since you’re reading from newer posts

yes I did say this, and it is true

I didn't know that was what Pippy was doing

although, was it just pointed out that you tunneled jboo 3 days? or was that someone else?

village tunneling is a thing, but wolves totes do it to appear "consistent," create one outraged innocent village enemy rather than over a range of ones from different votes over time, and to be lazy in having to justify it

some people think it's villagey but I actually side-eye tunnelers more than the average bear I think

anyway, I'd like to know if you're faulting Pippy tunneling you when you yourself have done it too? that could be villager hypocrisy, but wolves are hypocritical as well
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've recently upped my game, and I'm aware that people will likely see that as a sign of conversion

that thought aside, I'm making a point that it doesn't stand to reason that my prior gameplay was within the tender bosom of a wolf pack

Why would you be a conversion?
 
@Crayola227 Why aren't you voting for dolphin?

I'm actually playing off today's posts, and as per usual I don't like to place/change a vote until I've completed it up until the most current events, and I often late vote

last night the best reasoning I had was our interaction, yes that's in the vacuum of not being caught up, but it was what I felt and justified

today I'm doing my PbPa, and you can see where I've come to, now, with this reply to your post

I don't know yet that I am coming off you to dolphin, I'm not sure there's a point given the bandwagon, I don't like the idea you're goading me to do it, and I just haven't got there yet

right now top suspects are you, dolph, Pippy; and Stagg is reading village to me. People's points about BJ seem reasonable, but I don't know that I've been around enough to know for sure they're true or not.

I don't know if I should change my vote or not.
 
Why would you be a conversion?

I could see people making the point that I have been converted; why not? So I'm not addressing gameplay beyond the SAR vote which I am saying supports me being village despite the weak reasoning for voting. I'm addressing the fact that prior to now, logically speaking, if my play were within the context of a wolf pack, it wouldn't make sense because it would be easy to coach me, and why pull a WIFOM on my play by not doing so? Makes no sense.
 
I'm actually playing off today's posts, and as per usual I don't like to place/change a vote until I've completed it up until the most current events, and I often late vote

last night the best reasoning I had was our interaction, yes that's in the vacuum of not being caught up, but it was what I felt and justified

today I'm doing my PbPa, and you can see where I've come to, now, with this reply to your post

I don't know yet that I am coming off you to dolphin, I'm not sure there's a point given the bandwagon, I don't like the idea you're goading me to do it, and I just haven't got there yet

right now top suspects are you, dolph, Pippy; and Stagg is reading village to me. People's points about BJ seem reasonable, but I don't know that I've been around enough to know for sure they're true or not.

I don't know if I should change my vote or not.

Have you isoed my interactions with confirmed wolves? Is this suspect list in order? Do you think dolphin will flip wolf?
 
I am arguing that my SAR vote strongly suggest village play, so to try to argue I am a wolf NOW, is not really to argue me being an original, but me being a convert.

If we are still hunting originals, and it makes sense to me to do so (not that I ever advocate not keeping eyes out for anyone acting wolfy at any time), then I don't make sense as an original. If we want to say I'm a convert, like, I dunno know what to say village. Keep fishing.
 
I am arguing that my SAR vote strongly suggest village play, so to try to argue I am a wolf NOW, is not really to argue me being an original, but me being a convert.

If we are still hunting originals, and it makes sense to me to do so (not that I ever advocate not keeping eyes out for anyone acting wolfy at any time), then I don't make sense as an original. If we want to say I'm a convert, like, I dunno know what to say village. Keep fishing.

Do you think I'm an original?
 
Have you isoed my interactions with confirmed wolves? Is this suspect list in order? Do you think dolphin will flip wolf?

The list of the first 3 is in order. Stagg as I said, village lean. BJ is null for reasons stated, but null in my book means eye is still on them more than a village lean, which I think makes sense. I haven't ISO'd you, if I'd ISO'd anyone I would have said so and what I found. As we know with my PbPa I tend to share thoughts on posts whether wolf or village, so it's unlikely I iso'd someone and had nothing to say, no matter what.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The list of the first 3 is in order. Stagg as I said, village lean. BJ is null for reasons stated, but null in my book means eye is still on them more than a village lean, which I think makes sense. I haven't ISO'd you, if I'd ISO'd anyone I would have said so and what I found. As we know with my PbPa I tend to share thoughts on posts whether wolf or village, so it's unlikely I iso'd someone and had nothing to say, no matter what.

Where do you list Skim and WZ?
 
it seems pretty clear you guys were just waiting for a chance to steer it my way, I'd lay a bet that at least one of you is a wolf, my list is in good order, I'm not defending I'm going grocery shopping, I would have done that a few hours ago but I felt like trying to play based on today's posts, I see that you were clearly just waiting for me to say enough to justify lynching me