Lurking Beloww: Sea Monsters Sign Ups and Game Thread

Started by katashark
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh, and you also have to consider the context of the wolf lynches. I give more village points to those who pushed kc's lynch than those who pushed SAR, simply because once you lose one wolf the costs of bussing another start to really outweigh the benefits, especially when it's only a couple cycles (or maybe one cycle? Idk, TOC hasn't been updated) later. So even more unlikely in that context for pip to seriously push kc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sorry.... Perhaps I am misinterpreting, but are you suggesting that you are mad about people not asking questions today?

My ears/eyes might be deceiving me but I'm preeeeeetty sure you have not been heavily exercising the Socratic method yourself this game

No I never said that. I was replying to AM who wanted to know what questions I had for WZ and Skimble, to which I responded I didn't really know.

I never claimed I was exercising the Socratic method. My point was that AM, beyond 20Q, likes to play "can you guess what I'm thinking" which is basically the same thing.

This is one of those times where it starts to feel like you're twisting a post around and purposefully confusing what it's saying for the sake of throwing shade.
 
Um.

Yes, I was clearly just waiting for you to say stuff because that makes you sketchier <---- this is sarcasm

Are you playing this game or not
yes, me saying stuff always makes me sketchier, no joke I have noticed the more I post the more likely people are to vote for me

I don't know, but I am going to sleep now, and when I wake up late late afternoon, I'm getting ready for the big monthly Dungeon Party, and I have 2 new riding crops to break in plus a few other toys. If I know what's good for me I won't have much time on here before deadline which is the same as the start time of the party.
 
lol I looked at the lynch tally and how I voted SAR, and then didn't bother to vote again

guys, if I went to that much trouble to bus a fellow wolf, it wouldn't have been that hard for me to place a contingency vote for the next day, or when I was on and screwed up when the deadline was, yet was in fact on from like 6:45 pm to 8 pm (PST), if I was in a wolf pack they would have let me know when deadline was, and to vote, and who to vote for, and why

nothing about my actual play really stands up to an interpretation of me as a wolf, this is NOT my wolf play at all

but whatevs, the wolves love to keep me around till lylo because it's just this easy to gang up on me, or let others do it
 
lol I looked at the lynch tally and how I voted SAR, and then didn't bother to vote again

guys, if I went to that much trouble to bus a fellow wolf, it wouldn't have been that hard for me to place a contingency vote for the next day, or when I was on and screwed up when the deadline was, yet was in fact on from like 6:45 pm to 8 pm (PST), if I was in a wolf pack they would have let me know when deadline was, and to vote, and who to vote for, and why

nothing about my actual play really stands up to an interpretation of me as a wolf, this is NOT my wolf play at all

but whatevs, the wolves love to keep me around till lylo because it's just this easy to gang up on me, or let others do it

Did you see who else voted for SAR?
 
I'm being swayed by WZ and Skim's arguments that this isn't wolfy Pip, and that's based more on the KC argument than any other single comment made about supposing ideas about what she's capable of as a wolf. Which is anything. Saying she wouldn't have killed Cheezit and others, I don't buy. Plus her voting history does support.

This leads me back around to AM who also felt she was coming after me for no good reason.

Stagg is making a lot of sense and sounding very village, as is Skim and WZ. Is someone else playing? I don't know. Should I? I read the last write up but I didn't remember all like 6 people playing (is it 6? dunno).

In my mind there is a Pip-AM, Skim-WZ, and Stagg split. There is at least 1 wolf in those 3 groups. I have said that I suspect Pip and AM most, and Pip has fallen down in suspicion. That would seem to leave AM.

Wait, that's right, BJ. I remember now.

Do we think there are 2 wolves left? Then I predict of Pip-AM, Skim-WZ, and Stagg-BJ, that 1 of each pair is likely wolf, AM>Pip, but I have no further ideas how to distinguish further. Yes I have reasons for the Pip/AM and Skim/WZ pairing, it has to do with feeling they are "working together" on thread. That can be villagery, and I doubt the last 2 wolves would "pair up" with each other, but more likely buddy up to a villager, which is why I am suggesting Pip/AM and Skim/WZ are likely w/v pairs but I'm not sure which.

Stagg and BJ I don't really have paired up, they're sort of the "odd ends" in my analysis. Stagg seems very village which makes me suspicious, naturally. BJ seems an appealing suspect for wolf. I hesitate here because these reads are superficial and based on the "obvious." But as WZ too village to be true has taught me, sometimes a spade really is a spade.

contingency lynch AM
 
Did you see who else voted for SAR?
I did but I don't remember.

Was that the point of your question? Did you just want to know if I looked, remembered, what I thought, or are you trying to make a point about who voted? Because as I've said, from this very moment forward, if there is a point you are making about a tally beyond wanting my limited thoughts in isolation, might I suggest like in this instance for example, that you just *name the names* rather than ask if I saw them.
 
I did but I don't remember.

Was that the point of your question? Did you just want to know if I looked, remembered, what I thought, or are you trying to make a point about who voted? Because as I've said, from this very moment forward, if there is a point you are making about a tally beyond wanting my limited thoughts in isolation, might I suggest like in this instance for example, that you just *name the names* rather than ask if I saw them.

I'll just quote it.
 
kay so since the last time I was on this game, to today, I have been awake the whole time in between and I am exhausted. When I say I'm going to sleep this morning it's because I was up all night and had a long upsetting day. This is why I am just sharing my limited analysis and insights. I don't have time for 20Qs, Socratic method, or to make defenses. I can't defend against you guys for so many reasons (tired, I was a late add, I'm lost, I'm lazy, the convert fever is real, anything I say is always sketch, etc etc).

If you have input on what I've shared regarding other players, about other players, I would love to read it.

Have a good night/day.
 
Day 5 Lynch Tally
SAR (5)
- DVMD, AM, bj, Stagg, DVMD, Cray, Skim, bj
DVMD (1) - Pippy, bj
AM (3) - DVMD, SAR, Skim, DVMD, SOV, kc, bj
dolphin (1) - Pippy
Pippy () - DVMD
Stagg (1) - dolphin
Skim () - bj

11/12
Missing: allie

What are your thoughts upon viewing vote placements?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All right, well, the suspects then are WZ, Skim, Stagg, BJ. (I'm taking myself, Pip, and AM off the plate for the time being).

contingency lynch BJ

the best case was against her, that I hardly remember
 
Unlynch cray
Contingency lynch/ lynch bryndi


I'm not sure where we're at really in the cycle

I still don't feel great about cray but she's participating more

I have Stagg, dubz, skim, and AM still as strong village.
 
Unlynch cray
Contingency lynch/ lynch bryndi


I'm not sure where we're at really in the cycle

I still don't feel great about cray but she's participating more

I have Stagg, dubz, skim, and AM still as strong village.

I think it's technically still N7?
 
Capt. KD - whaddup?

Captain's Log:
1/9/18– A quiet night (much insomnia was had by this mere mortal). When the passengers awoke, they hauled aboard another prone shape from the water. Dead is (formerly allieh) @WildZoo - the Loch Ness Monster. Seems we're clearing out on the family tree of monsters (first the cousin, now Nessie herself).

Let's go for a dive. Don't forget to w
ork on your missions!!

Conditions (maybe they shouldn't have left me in charge of this sailing business...)
Current - NW, 18 knots
Wind - diving
Swell - 2-3 ft

Supplies

Air - 100%
Fuel - 100%
Rations - 32% (where's my fruit by the foot?!)

Signed,
Cap'n KD
230287-5a729ae731408cb1953a9c6b57b54ccc.jpg

GettyImages-3422579-H.jpeg


ADJUST PMs ACCORDINGLY. Get to work - you have until 2300 hours EDT.

Greenhorns

2. @Animal Midwife
7. @bryndiana.jones
8. @Stagg737
10. @Skimble
14. @PippyPony
19. @Crayola227

In a Watery Grave
12. capri1722 - Giant squid
17. Melchizedek - Candiru (1 shot vigilante)
5. CoffeeQuestionMark - Scylla and Charybdis (village blocker)
16. WildZoo - Cthulhu
11. genny - Ahuitzotl (item maker)
15. johnnaboo - Rainbow Fish (send a message)
3. SnowshoeDog143 - Kappa (seer)

1. SARdoghandler - Hydra (wolf)
4. DVMDream - Moby Dick
9. kcoughli - Qalupalik (wolf)
18. StartingoverVet - Globster
13. dolphin106258 - Ogopogo
6. WildZoo/allieh - Loch Ness Monster
 
Day 1 Election Tally
allie (2) - allie, DVMD
Pippy (5) - Pippy, Skim, AM, SAR, capri
AM () - AM
genny (6) - genny, bryndi, Coffee?, Stagg, jboo, dolphin
Mel
(2) - Mel, WZ

15/18
Missing: kc, SOV, Snowy

Day 2 Lynch Tally
SAR (4) - AM, genny, Skim, Pippy, genny, DVMD
kc (1) - Coffee?, Pippy
DVMD () - Pippy
bj (1) - Skim, WZ
Coffee? (5) - jboo, SOV, bj, Stagg, Snowy, SAR
Pippy () - kc
genny (1) - SAR, allie
jboo
(2) - dolphin, Pippy
dolphin (1) - kc
Stagg () - genny
WZ (1) - bj

16/16

Day 3 Lynch Tally
Pippy (1) - DVMD, kc
Stagg () - jboo, genny
bj () - Pippy
Snowy () - AM
jboo (3) - Pippy, dolphin, SAR, bj, kc, allie, genny
dolphin
(2) - Snowy, AM
allie () - Stagg
SAR (1) - Skim
genny (5) - Pippy, jboo, DVMD, SAR, Stagg

12/14
Missing: allie, SOV

Day 4 Lynch Tally
DVMD (1) - Pippy, SOV
SAR (4) - AM, Stagg, Skim, jboo
Snowy
() - jboo
Pippy (1) - kc
kc
() - Pippy
jboo (5) - Snowy, dolphin, SAR, bryndi, Pippy
dolphin () - SAR

11/14
Missing: Cray, allie, DVMD

Day 5 Lynch Tally
SAR (5)
- DVMD, AM, bj, Stagg, DVMD, Cray, Skim, bj
DVMD (1) - Pippy, bj
AM (3) - DVMD, SAR, Skim, DVMD, SOV, kc, bj
dolphin (1) - Pippy
Pippy () - DVMD
Stagg (1) - dolphin
Skim () - bj

11/12
Missing: allie

Day 6 Lynch Tally
dolphin (3) - kc, bj, AM
kc (5) - Pippy, WZ, Pippy, dolphin, Skim, Stagg
WZ () - Stagg
Cray (1) - SOV
bj () - Skim

9/10
Missing: Cray

Day 7 Lynch Tally
AM (1) - Cray
dolphin (3) - WZ, bryndi, Pippy, AM, Stagg
Cray (2) - Pippy, AM, Pippy
bj (2) - dolphin, Skim

8/8
 
Unofficial Day 8 Lynch Tally
Cray (1) - AM, Pippy
Pippy (1) - Stagg
AM () - Cray
bj (3) - Cray, Pippy, Skim

5/6
lynch close in ~10 hours
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who if not me?
I’m still pondering this, but probably cray or stagg. I’ve had stagg kind of neutral, but he’s on my list from earlier, and I’m still convinced there is a wolf there. For now I think that wolf is you. It bothers me a bit that cray is voting you as well, but if you are both wolves, then that’s probably a good move on her part.

Unofficial Day 8 Lynch Tally
Cray (1) - AM, Pippy
Pippy (1) - Stagg
AM () - Cray
bj (2) - Cray, Pippy

4/6
lynch close in ~10 hours
You missed my vote for bj.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pending bryndi's response to AM's question, I feel pretty good about that as a target list and I don't think Bryndi is really the type to make that kind of stuff up as a wolf.

Stagg hasn't been sounding wolfy to me since the very early days of the game, and I feel like his votes look strong village...except for D2, where he sort of built mometum on Coffee when SAR & KC were both viable candidates. Don't like that move at all in retrospect.

Cray has not been sounding right to me -- even with the boosted participation, her tone sounds more whiny than it does accusatory. Just my opinion there, but I know she heavily dislikes it when she is not able to put in the effort she wants to as a wolf, as it irks her competitive side.

I don't quite know what to do with the WZ kill last night vs me, the other person who pushed KC the most heavily. Particularly, I don't like that Stagg went for me straight off this morning, because it smacks a little bit of being a planned trajectory.

On the other hand, cray likes to kill veterans. A lot. And I had just called her out for revenge killing, so maybe it was fresh in her mind & she didn't want to go for me or AM because of that?

Edited because I forgot some words
 
Last edited: