Lurking Beloww: Sea Monsters Sign Ups and Game Thread

Started by katashark
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I'm landing on:

Either Cray is the last wolf, or Stagg & bryndi are a pair, with one of them as a convert since I don't think we'd have 4 originals.

If the latter, they also get mad props because it's bold to defend each other like they are doing.

I mean, if there's actually 4 wolves (especially with one a convert) in this I lost from the start.
 
I mean, we still have 15 minutes, but okay.
sorta forgot lynch deadline was 8 PST, don't even ask, I'm exhausted. I went to bed as I stated earlier, and woke up not long before I came on thread after the cats kept waking me up all during my sleep.

I got paranoid and thought you guys were trying to close early

my bottom is just going straight to the party and not waiting to carpool with me, I'm so tired and since he's going without me anyway, I'm considering just not going, so here I am
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I'm landing on:

Either Cray is the last wolf, or Stagg & bryndi are a pair, with one of them as a convert since I don't think we'd have 4 originals.

If the latter, they also get mad props because it's bold to defend each other like they are doing.
or possibly it's a w/v pair, in which case the defense pattern isn't so bold and all the more likely
 
We did not message during the time frame you gave. I PM'd at 8:35:

"SAR is still my top choice, but I agree about AM or DVMD. I'm actually thinking more DVMD at the moment, but I've got to get caught up. I didn't like her switch on the Genny vote, and SAR switched to Genny literally in the same minute. Just seemed like a very quick train to me. And when I went back and looked at her reasoning for her switch it wasn't very strong. It was basically "well if she would have been more open, maybe she wouldn't have gotten lynched" and a few other weak reasons. It just seemed like pretty weak logic for a switch like that.

Afterwards she was actually starting to sound more village to me and I buy her "I had a bad day" stuff to a certain extent, but today with the AM stuff it's setting off red flags for me again. AM is setting off some major red flags though and I think she may have had a Freudian slip with the "If I get lynched, you're all screwed" comment. So idk which one to think is wolfy at this point, which is why I'm sticking with SAR for now. If SAR flips wolf, I'll probably look into DVMD first. If SAR flips village, I'll be looking into AM more first."


Next message was from me at 10:03, BJ did not message between these:

"So what are your thoughts on dolphin and AM? I'm not liking that Dolphin was just defending SAR and saying that me and AM were contradicting each other, then voted for me and allowed SAR to get lynched. Logically just doesn't make sense to me..."


Bryndy's response at 10:26:

"*sigh*
Dolphin idk, she seems almost like she is playing the "I'm a lost nooblet" card, and I don't like that. AM I think is being truthful, and have no reason right now to have her high on my sketch list.
Nice catch on SAR though, I was pretty blindsided by her this game. Is dolphin your top suspect?"


Note: All times in CST.
 
Captain's Log:

2/9/18– We are nearing the end of our journey. The passengers seemed to have enjoyed the ride, and we've made a lot of new scientific discoveries. Unfortunately, we may never find all of the evil sea monsters. I hope so. We dove into some very deep, dark waters today. Water quality analysis showed a very viscous consistency to this water. We are moving slowly through these parts. And with the bright lights from the Nautilus, we stunned a poor creature to death.

Dead is @Crayola227 - Creature from the Black Lagoon. She just wanted to be left alone.

cd43acc4281391067243f70f2b0e9e02.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_meugjuccrd1rpeqp2o1_500.gif

TheseMenacingDodobird-small.gif


Conditions
Current - too viscous for anything to move
Wind - diving
Swell - glass

Supplies

Air - 90%
Fuel - 90%
Rations - 22% (where's my fruit by the foot?!)

Signed,
Capt. Nemo

P.S. I love this movie.
P.P.S. Mission results pending.

ADJUST PMs ACCORDINGLY. You have until 0900 hours EDT.

Greenhorns
2. @Animal Midwife
7. @bryndiana.jones
8. @Stagg737
10. @Skimble
14. @PippyPony

In a Watery Grave
12. capri1722 - Giant squid
17. Melchizedek - Candiru (1 shot vigilante)
5. CoffeeQuestionMark - Scylla and Charybdis (village blocker)
16. WildZoo - Cthulhu
11. genny - Ahuitzotl (item maker)
15. johnnaboo - Rainbow Fish (send a message)
3. SnowshoeDog143 - Kappa (seer)

1. SARdoghandler - Hydra (wolf)
4. DVMDream - Moby Dick
9. kcoughli - Qalupalik (wolf)
18. StartingoverVet - Globster
13. dolphin106258 - Ogopogo
6. WildZoo/allieh - Loch Ness Monster
19. Crayola227 - Creature from the Black Lagoon
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You know what? It's probably AM and pippy as the wolves and AM made up the whole protector business and pippy even played along with the "please protect yourself tonight"
 
I think he is very, very smart.

Why would he kill someone who he could continue to successfully manipulate?

But I think you should probably track him tonight all the same, if you are even actually a village tracker.
I am. If I'm wrong then he gets major props
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And actually, if you are dead tomorrow, bryndi, I am going to push his lynch very hard, so he had better leave you alive again 🙂

You may track me or AM or skim or him, and we'll see if there is someone dead tomorrow, shall we? If there is someone dead, then you can go ahead and clear whatever person was not doing the kill.

Though, I do wish there were notifications given for your action, because it will still be just your word that you tracked who you said you did.
 
And actually, if you are dead tomorrow, bryndi, I am going to push his lynch very hard, so he had better leave you alive again 🙂

You may track me or AM or skim or him, and we'll see if there is someone dead tomorrow, shall we? If there is someone dead, then you can go ahead and clear whatever person was not doing the kill.

Though, I do wish there were notifications given for your action, because it will still be just your word that you tracked who you said you did.
Well, the same could be said for AM
 
********
maybe not the place for this, I should wait until end game but...

thanks a lot to @katashark & @kaydubs for the late add! I like to think I showed the game the effort it deserves here towards the end of my time, but the point is I did get to really play even if for a short time, for which I am glad.... Most importantly, I'm really grateful that Kata and Kaydubs made that possible. The game flavor (sorry didn't catch mechanics) has been painstakingly detailed and just beautiful, so thanks for that too. I wouldn't normally have as much said here as a recent deadite and I don't think it influences the game, but I had to say a big thank you for all of it right away.

Also, yes, as usual, die village die you deserve what you get for killing me! Carry on.
********
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Day 1 Election Tally
allie (2) - allie, DVMD
Pippy (5) - Pippy, Skim, AM, SAR, capri
AM () - AM
genny (6) - genny, bryndi, Coffee?, Stagg, jboo, dolphin
Mel
(2) - Mel, WZ

15/18
Missing: kc, SOV, Snowy

Day 2 Lynch Tally
SAR (4) - AM, genny, Skim, Pippy, genny, DVMD
kc (1) - Coffee?, Pippy
DVMD () - Pippy
bj (1) - Skim, WZ
Coffee? (5) - jboo, SOV, bj, Stagg, Snowy, SAR
Pippy () - kc
genny (1) - SAR, allie
jboo
(2) - dolphin, Pippy
dolphin (1) - kc
Stagg () - genny
WZ (1) - bj

16/16

Day 3 Lynch Tally
Pippy (1) - DVMD, kc
Stagg () - jboo, genny
bj () - Pippy
Snowy () - AM
jboo (3) - Pippy, dolphin, SAR, bj, kc, allie, genny
dolphin
(2) - Snowy, AM
allie () - Stagg
SAR (1) - Skim
genny (5) - Pippy, jboo, DVMD, SAR, Stagg

12/14
Missing: allie, SOV

Day 4 Lynch Tally
DVMD (1) - Pippy, SOV
SAR (4) - AM, Stagg, Skim, jboo
Snowy
() - jboo
Pippy (1) - kc
kc
() - Pippy
jboo (5) - Snowy, dolphin, SAR, bryndi, Pippy
dolphin () - SAR

11/14
Missing: Cray, allie, DVMD

Day 5 Lynch Tally
SAR (5)
- DVMD, AM, bj, Stagg, DVMD, Cray, Skim, bj
DVMD (1) - Pippy, bj
AM (3) - DVMD, SAR, Skim, DVMD, SOV, kc, bj
dolphin (1) - Pippy
Pippy () - DVMD
Stagg (1) - dolphin
Skim () - bj

11/12
Missing: allie

Day 6 Lynch Tally
dolphin (3) - kc, bj, AM
kc (5) - Pippy, WZ, Pippy, dolphin, Skim, Stagg
WZ () - Stagg
Cray (1) - SOV
bj () - Skim

9/10
Missing: Cray

Day 7 Lynch Tally
AM (1) - Cray
dolphin (3) - WZ, bryndi, Pippy, AM, Stagg
Cray (2) - Pippy, AM, Pippy
bj (2) - dolphin, Skim

8/8

Day 8 Lynch Tally
Cray (4)
- AM, Pippy, Pippy, bj, Skim
Pippy (1) - Stagg
AM () - Cray
bj (1) - Cray, Pippy, Skim

6/6